Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: AoA Suites or Boardwalk?

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

AoA Suites or Boardwalk?

Hi All!

Planning our Disney Trip soon and wanted to know if anyone could put any input on the AoA Suites? How did you like it there and which one did you stay in?

It will be my 20th Anniversary Trip with DH and WDW is where we had our Honeymoon.

He wants to stay at the Boardwalk.

Apple and Oranges between the two, but we have two teens. An extra bathroom is nice, plus the extra space.

So, I'm torn which one to try this trip. Any advice? Thanks!

Stephanie

2. # ADS

AoA Suites or Boardwalk?

You know, much as the Boardwalk is going to be the best resort and better location, we did categorically say last trip we can't do one room again with two older children. So much as I love the Boardwalk, I'd go for the space. I would check out the cost of two rooms at a moderate too though. If you want to stay off site (yikes!), my colleague has a holiday home in the area that's big. Own pool. PM if you want the details. I've never stayed there but know lots of people who have who have loved it. I I can't drag myself off site.....

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    You know, much as the Boardwalk is going to be the best resort and better location, we did categorically say last trip we can't do one room again with two older children. So much as I love the Boardwalk, I'd go for the space. I would check out the cost of two rooms at a moderate too though. If you want to stay off site (yikes!), my colleague has a holiday home in the area that's big. Own pool. PM if you want the details. I've never stayed there but know lots of people who have who have loved it. I I can't drag myself off site.....
    Thanks Scooby! DH always wanted to stay at the Boardwalk, but anymore with the teens, we really need the room. The girls and I loved the WL Cabins, but DH wasn't too fond of it. I'd really like to try AoA. It looks so interesting!

I'm with you...I prefer to stay on site. We are splitting our stay with 1/2 Timeshare then 1/2 on site. Just for sanity sake! LOL! Most likely a 10 day trip.

Stephanie

AoA Suites or Boardwalk?

Quote Originally Posted by tappenfeat View Post
    Thanks Scooby! DH always wanted to stay at the Boardwalk, but anymore with the teens, we really need the room. The girls and I loved the WL Cabins, but DH wasn't too fond of it. I'd really like to try AoA. It looks so interesting!

I'm with you...I prefer to stay on site. We are splitting our stay with 1/2 Timeshare then 1/2 on site. Just for sanity sake! LOL! Most likely a 10 day trip.
    Understood. I'd go for AoA of you're decided on site and it's less expensive than two moderate rooms. X

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Blog Entries

Thanks Scooby for your help...we have time to decide...so up in the air. DH doesn't like the idea of AoA, so we hit a wall right now. He wants to stay in one of the Resorts on the Boardwalk. I reminded him lack of space and one bathroom with 2 teen girls. Oh joy!

Stephanie

Hey Steph - try pricing a one bedroom at Boardwalk using DVC points....price might be comparable to two moderate rooms. We did it with the boys at Wilderness Lodge - full kitchen, balcony, bedroom with a king bed, laundry facilities. Boys had to sleep on a sofa bed, but they survived . Actually they said it was just fine. Having the full kitchen was nice...

Or, after your stay at the other place, ship the girls back home and you & Scotts spend a few nights at Boardwalk w/o them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ericles View Post
    Hey Steph - try pricing a one bedroom at Boardwalk using DVC points....price might be comparable to two moderate rooms. We did it with the boys at Wilderness Lodge - full kitchen, balcony, bedroom with a king bed, laundry facilities. Boys had to sleep on a sofa bed, but they survived . Actually they said it was just fine. Having the full kitchen was nice...

Or, after your stay at the other place, ship the girls back home and you & Scotts spend a few nights at Boardwalk w/o them.
    I will bring this up to Scott...he may just go for this idea. Thanks to you, Scooby and Cathy...I think we are headed for a solution!

Stephanie