Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30

Thread: 2014 Team MousePlanet Castle-to-Castle Challenge

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherc View Post
    Thank you! You are so sweet!!! Having your support & encouragement totally got me over the finish line. We better be on the same team for the 2015 challenge.
    I hop we are!
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

2. # ADS

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ok Challengers, the miles for August (and a few July's) are coming in.

As of this evening, we have officially reached 35,157.06 miles in the challenge! Wow... I am so impressed at what the Challenge team has accomplished. You should all be very, very proud of yourselves!

Keep those miles coming in. The report window is open until midnight Friday September 12th!

LT

RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

Blog Entries

We're down to the last two days in the 2014 Team MousePlanet Castle-to-Castle Challenge. Remember, all final mile totals need to be in to me by midnight Friday September 12th. Yup. That is tomorrow night.

We've got a couple of teams oh so close to reaching the museum, Pixar, and even back to Disneyland so don't wait to get those miles reported!

RunningFool

Blog Entries

Greetings Team MousePlanet Castle-to-Castle Challengers! Congratulations to everyone who took part in the Challenge. We earned a total of an amazing 35,167.73 miles which is just incredible. Out of 17 teams, we had 13 that completed the Challenge - thank you everyone who took part and made a contribution.

As they say on flights, we've received the final paperwork and are ready shut the door. It's time to announce the winners of the first annual Team MousePlanet Castle-to-Castle Challenge!

Most Miles Run/Walked - Team 8

Congrats to Fairestoneofall, HeatherC, Porter144, Notsofairest and Fil33 who ended up with 3,451.45 miles!

First to Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty's Castle

Congrats to Team 2nTown - Lani, SSaul989, Heatherya, Pixi, and SunolMouse!

The following teams made it to Sleeping Beauty's Castle

Team 2nTown - Lani, SSaul989, Heatherya, Pixi, and SunolMouse
    Team 8 - Fairestoneofall, HeatherC, Porter144, Notsofairest and Fil33
    Team 10 - Jodi, Monkeygirl, Vegaspixie, Essentialgeek, and DivPrime
    Team 14 Wine & Dine Dashing Divas- SmokieBaby, Paisley Fox, Ssmomm, PhiSigDuchessCV, Julianac28
    Team 9 - Cactusgirl, Ssmores, DMommyP, Tpulte, Katapult
    Team 6 Kessel Runners - Nala, Simba0614, Sullivoss, Sullivoss2, Mswendybe
    Team 5 The Lost Team 5 - Midway Maniac, Tinker Bell, Guardian of Truth, LillaStone, Cindy K
    Team 3 - Chewyswimmer, Gfy4dland, ReluctantDG, MJB, MEB
    Team 13 - Elcid3, Alefkowitz, Dpancotto, Promo-Man, Lifeisgood

The following teams made it to the Walt Disney Museum

Team 8 - Fairestoneofall, HeatherC, Porter144, Notsofairest and Fil33.
    Team 14 Wine & Dine Dashing Divas- SmokieBaby, Paisley Fox, Ssmomm, PhiSigDuchessCV, Julianac28
    Team 9 - Cactusgirl, Ssmores, DMommyP, Tpulte, Katapult

The following teams made it to Pixar Studios

Team 8 - Fairestoneofall, HeatherC, Porter144, Notsofairest and Fil33.

And finally, the following teams made it through all four checkpoints and returned to Disneyland!

Team 8 - Fairestoneofall, HeatherC, Porter144, Notsofairest and Fil33 - first team to reach the Museum!

Again, great job to all the Challenge teams. Final overall posting will be completed later this week.

It's been such fun working with all of you and I wish everyone the best in your running and walking endeavors. I hope you will join us again in January for another Team MousePlanet Castle-to-Castle Challenge!

Last edited by RunningFool; 09-15-2014 at 04:17 PM.
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

Way to go Team 8!! So proud of you!

Congratulations to everyone who stuck it out!

Congrats everyone on a great challenge! Can't wait for the next one.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Are the rest of the standings going to be posted?

Cathy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Yes ma'am! I'm uploading them to Google and Lani will post as soon as possible.
    RunningFool

Team MousePlanet Castle-to-Castle Challenge

Woo!! Team 8!! Great job everyone!!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    We didn't make the cut, Drince. We got swept in Texas...
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    We didn't make the cut, Drince. We got swept in Texas...
    I know
    But we were SWEPT - we didn't just quit!
    Cathy

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    I know
    But we were SWEPT - we didn't just quit!
    We did! We held on to the end!
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    We did! We held on to the end!
    Yes you did - you contributed to the end and that is wonderful!
    RunningFool

Congratulations to everyone. this has been fun and I'm looking forward to January to start the next challenge.

I'm curious, throughout all of this did anyone do any accomplishments they are proud of such as walking more miles then you have before; finishing a 5k, 10K, 1/2, etc for the first time; personal best time; weight loss; just feeling healthier/better then before? I'll start - since the start of the challenge, with some lapses in meeting my personal walking goals, I have lost 15 pounds. I'll let you know in November, after Jingle Jungle 5K, if I do a 5K in under 1 hr 20 minutes as that is what I averaged walking the last two Neverland 5ks.

Still need to win the lotto so I can plan trips to Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disney, and Hong Kong Disney.
    I love: my cats, scrapbooking, and all things Disney

I ran my first 10K in April & my first half marathon earlier this month. My teammate Melissa was cheering me on from the West Coast. This challenge definitely kept me active & gave me the push I needed. Good luck on your upcoming races.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PhiSigDuchessCV View Post
    Congratulations to everyone. this has been fun and I'm looking forward to January to start the next challenge.

I'm curious, throughout all of this did anyone do any accomplishments they are proud of such as walking more miles then you have before; finishing a 5k, 10K, 1/2, etc for the first time; personal best time; weight loss; just feeling healthier/better then before? I'll start - since the start of the challenge, with some lapses in meeting my personal walking goals, I have lost 15 pounds. I'll let you know in November, after Jingle Jungle 5K, if I do a 5K in under 1 hr 20 minutes as that is what I averaged walking the last two Neverland 5ks.
    I already had many of my races planned before this challenge started, but I did add a few things to increase my milage. I added two local 10k's and a local 5k. I ran my first trail 10k and my 2nd trail 5k. I also added a road 10k, and I'm happy to say that I PR'd that, even being injured from the trail 10k a couple of weeks before. I signed up and started training for my 1st full marathon during the challenge. So, I consider it an overall success since it did challenge me to keep adding those miles. I did not lose any weight, in fact, I've gained 6 lbs since marathon training. I'm fine with that and confident that it will come back off after my race.

Quote Originally Posted by heatherc View Post
    I ran my first 10K in April & my first half marathon earlier this month. My teammate Melissa was cheering me on from the West Coast. This challenge definitely kept me active & gave me the push I needed. Good luck on your upcoming races.
    And you did an amazing job! You were so committed to your training throughout the entire process. I'm really proud of you!

Blog Entries

So until I get my access cleared up on Google Calendar (don't ask...), here's a breakdown of where all the teams ended up.

Again, congrats to EVERYONE who played along with the Challenge!

Team 8 - you made it through all four checkpoints - total miles 3451.45 - August miles 589.44

Team 10 - you made it through all four checkpoints - total miles 3247.94 - August miles 445 (missing two team members in August)

Team 14 W&D Dashing Divas - you made it through all four checkpoints - total miles 3209.86 - August miles 492.16

Team 2nTown - you made it through three checkpoints - you were 173.87 short of Disneyland - total miles 3030.38 - August miles 285.21

Team 9 - you made it through two checkpoints and were 7.45 miles short of Pixar - total miles 2806.31 - August miles 357.51

Team 6 Kessel Runners - you made it through one checkpoint - you were 27.27 miles short of the Walt Disney Family Museum - total miles 2770 - August miles 333

Team 5 - The Lost Team 5 - you made it through one checkpoint - you were 78.85 miles short of the Walt Disney Family Museum - total miles 2718.32 - August miles 365.10

Team 3 - you made it through one checkpoint - you were 123.08 miles short of the Walt Disney Family Museum - total miles 2674.09 - August miles 368.30 (missing one team member since May)

Team 13 - you made it through one checkpoint - you were 458.05 miles short of the Walt Disney Family Museum - total miles 2339.12 - August miles 236.88 (missing one team member since February)

Team 4 Texans in Tiaras (a.k.a The Balloon Ladies) - you were approaching Gobal Canyon, AZ - total miles 1928.69 - August miles 308

Team 1 - you passed the Rock Hound State Park in New Mexico - total miles 1721.53 - August miles - 200.51 (missing one team member since July)

Team 15 - you were on your way to Guadalupe Peak - total miles 1481.39 - August miles 0 (two remaining active team members)

Team 11 The Lost Girls - you were winding your way through New Mexico - total miles 1402.11 - August miles 50.65 (missing four of the five team members since May)

Team 7 Sweeper Bait - you were enjoying your time around Eastland, Texas - total miles 1144.88 - August miles 130.40 (missing two team members since June)

Team 17 Five Fillies - total miles 720.01 (last team report April)

Team 16 - total miles 353 (last team report March)

Team 12 - total miles 156.36 (last team report February)

Last edited by RunningFool; 09-17-2014 at 04:36 PM.
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

I am also pleased to announce we had 6 Challenge participants who ran / walked over 1000 miles since we started the Challenge in January! Wow...

Julianac28 - total miles 1360.69 (Team 14 - Wine & Dine Divas)

Fil33 - total miles 1250.41 (Team 8)

Tpulte - total miles 1169.50 (Team 9)

Heatherc - total miles 1167.70 (Team 8)

Chewyswimmer - total miles 1061.60 (Team 3)

SunolMouse - total miles 1018.91 (Team 2nTown)

Last edited by RunningFool; 09-17-2014 at 04:39 PM.
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

And finally, 13 Challengers hit the August "100 and over" miles designation. Incredible job everyone!

Julianac28 - August miles 201.51 (Team 14 Wine & Dine Dashing Divas)

Fil33 - August miles 200.21 (Team 8)

Heatherc - August miles 191.50 (Team 8)

VegasPixie - August miles 187.45 (Team 10)

Cactusgirl - August miles 171.41 (Team 9)

Essential Geek - August miles 164.35 (Team 10)

Elcid3 - August miles 127 (Team 13) - tied with Chewyswimmer

Chewyswimmer - August miles 127 (Team 3) - tied with Elcid3

Mharokopus - August miles 123 (Team 4 - Texans in Tiaras)

MJB - August miles 122 (Team 3)

Tpulte - August miles 120.40 (Team 9)

SmokieBaby - August miles 109 (Team 14 Wine & Dine Dashing Divas)

SunolMouse - August miles 103.40 (Team 2nTown)

RunningFool

Blog Entries

Hey Challengers!

The final spreadsheet is posted for the Challenge - what a great job by all the participants! You should all be so proud of the miles that you completed in 2014.

Thank you again to everyone who took part in the first Team MousePlanet Castle-to-Castle Challenge. Stay tuned for info on the 2015 Challenge in December.

RunningFool

Wow, I had no idea my team only had 3 members since February! Can't believe we made it to Disneyland! Woo Hoo! When we started, I was worried my meager walking miles wouldn't contribute enough. This challenge gave me the incentive to be deliberate about getting out and exercising more. I was able to slowly incorporate a little running into my routine (did a couch-to-5K program), and did my first 5K on the 4th of July! (Well, the first 5K I've done in almost 20 years.) I signed up for the Star Wars 10K (and have my whole family involved between the 5K and 10K). This will be my first 10K. I even took a leap of faith and signed up for the Tinkerbell half marathon!

My training took a hit when I broke my little toe a while ago (OUCH!), but I'm on the mend now and ready to get serious about training for the 10K (and half).

Thanks for all the encouragement! And I hope to meet some of you at the Star Wars weekend!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgood View Post
    Wow, I had no idea my team only had 3 members since February! Can't believe we made it to Disneyland! Woo Hoo! When we started, I was worried my meager walking miles wouldn't contribute enough. This challenge gave me the incentive to be deliberate about getting out and exercising more. I was able to slowly incorporate a little running into my routine (did a couch-to-5K program), and did my first 5K on the 4th of July! (Well, the first 5K I've done in almost 20 years.) I signed up for the Star Wars 10K (and have my whole family involved between the 5K and 10K). This will be my first 10K. I even took a leap of faith and signed up for the Tinkerbell half marathon!

My training took a hit when I broke my little toe a while ago (OUCH!), but I'm on the mend now and ready to get serious about training for the 10K (and half).

Thanks for all the encouragement! And I hope to meet some of you at the Star Wars weekend!
    You actually lost one team member in February and one in July so not too bad. Several of the teams were rather 'fluid' with folks coming in and out as they had time to participate so your team was not unusual!

Hope to meet you at Star Wars. That should be one crazy weekend!

Glad you had a good time in the Challenge and hope to see you again in January 2015 for another Team MousePlanet Castle-to-Castle Challenge!

LT
    RunningFool