From a New Years Cupcake at Jolly Holiday Bakery in Disneyland park to the Napa Rose New Years Eve Bash, the Disneyland Resort will ring in 2014 with something fun for everyone.
Well start with the Napa Rose celebration. Actually, there are two: an early seating from 5:30 – 7 p.m. with a four-course dinner (think grilled hand-harvested sea scallops and 28-day-aged prime New York beef Chef Andrew Suttons fabulous Wine Country Feast of seasonal classics) and festive decorations. Cost is $125 plus tax and gratuity. The perfect way to start the party early when you have plans later in the evening.
The late seating commences with bubbly at 8:15 p.m. and a dinner dance party with live music theyre adding a dance floor in the lounge area with hundreds of silver, gold, red and black balloons to create a magical party. Plus hats and party favors, of course.
Start with honeyed profiteroles with goat cheese and cranberry jam, followed by imported Osetra caviar parfait layered with Skuna Bay salmon tartare, cucumber pearls and crme frache. Youll move on to three more courses before a 30-minute intermission for dancing, followed by two more courses (including dessert). Its all perfectly timed to take you to midnight. Dancing goes til 1 a.m.
The five-course tasting menu is $220 plus tax and gratuity (no childrens pricing), plus $65 for a flight of world-class wines for pairing. Chef Sutton also has a delicious vegetarian menu.
For reservations, call 714-300-7170. Valet is complimentary.
Other celebrations, special tastes for New Years Eve:
- Look for menu specials in Disneyland park at Carnation Caf on Main Street U.S.A. (surf and turf with shrimp and sirloin steak); at French Market (roasted pork chop with Calvados applesauce, braised greens and sweet potato souffl); at Blue Bayou (a seafood pot pie); and Cafe Orleans (flat iron steak with bone marrow demi-glace, garlic mashed potatoes and acorn squash).
- Flos V8 Caf at Disney California Adventure park will offer meat loaf with Coca-Cola barbecue sauce and two sides.
- Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel has a prixe fixe, three-course menu for $65 that includes spinach salad with warm bacon vinaigrette, filet and lobster and chocolate pat.
- Storytellers Caf at Disneys Grand Californian Hotel & Spa has a prixe fixe two-course dinner with with porcini-rubbed rib-eye with scampi-style prawns, mashed potatoes and Cabernet demi-glace, and a duo of dark chocolate and Baileys crme brle with espresso cookies for $29.99.
- And who can resist a New Years Eve cupcake? Especially the New Years Cupcake with dark chocolate cake, Nutella filling, Belgian white chocolate frosting with black and silver decorations, silver disco dust, a chocolate Mickey, chocolate truffle and bow tie? Thats a party on a plate! Look for it at Jolly Holiday Bakery, Fidler, Fifer & Practical Cafe and Pacific Wharf Caf at Disney California Adventure park, and White Water Snacks at Disneys Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
Special New Years Eve Celebrations at Disneyland Resort by Pam Brandon: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog