Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: More Mouse: 2013 Disneyland Candlelight Processional Guide

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

More Mouse: 2013 Disneyland Candlelight Processional Guide

2013 Disneyland Candlelight Processional Guide by Stephanie Wien

Information on the Candlelight Processional events and operational impacts.

Read it here!

Did I read this correctly that they won't carol down Main Street anymore and instead just come from the parade step-off gate to the side?

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

^if correct - boo. That's one of the things I love - and in fact makes me think is what happened long ago on any Main St. USA.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Out of curiosity, why is Captain EO closed?

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Maybe that's where they are having the choir rehearse?

I think you are correct Niwel. It wouldn't be hard to stage them there and go backstage to where they want them to come out.

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Curious how it all went tonight with the weather....

Everthing went very well for the second show. We arrived at 7:30 pm, and the moderate crowds were moving along smoothly. A CM directed us to a standing area for Candlelight viewing. About 10 minutes later, another CM lifted the rope and invited people to take the empty seats. The weather was crisp, but not freezing. Blair Underwood did a great job as narrator. All in all it was a very nice and memorable evening. By the way, the choir did process down Main Street (don't know if they started from IASW or not) -- they did not enter from the parade gate by the Mad Hatter.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    The weather was crisp, but not freezing. Blair Underwood did a great job as narrator. All in all it was a very nice and memorable evening. By the way, the choir did process down Main Street (don't know if they started from IASW or not) -- they did not enter from the parade gate by the Mad Hatter.
    Some big disappointments for me. The cutting at Epcot of the 'One Solitary Life' segment and the song 'Do You Hear What I Hear' also manifested out here. I love the song, and can barely stand it being cut, but to cut 'One Solitary Life' from the processional really digs into the heart of the show, and I hope they reconsider this and return it to the Candlelight program for next year. I'm relatively new to the processionals, and perhaps One Solitary Life was a recent addition, but having heard Gary Sinese and Dick Van Dyk both read the story, I'd very much like to see it return.

And as for Blair Underwood's performance, of all the hosts I have ever heard, he seemed to have the most trouble narrating the program. Though I utterly agree with him - those trumpeters atop the train station are indeed powerful.

Well, there's always room for disagreement. I think Blair Underwood did a fine job of taking the narration seriously and reading it carefully, giving the text the respect it deserves. His style is very different from that of the other two actors you mentioned, but that doesn't make it worse. After Tom Skerrit's seemingly tipsy/drunk reading a few years ago (our winner for worst narrator so far, unfortunately), Blair Underwood (and Gary Sinise and Dick Van Dyke in past years) impressed us with his dignified performance. We're probably in the minority here, but we did not mind that the "One Solitary Life" poem was cut, although we did miss "Do You Hear What I Hear?" -- we prefer the Scripture text to the poem, but I can understand how many people might miss having it included.

Hello, I am new to Mouse Planet and hope this is the right place to ask if anyone knows if the Candlelight Processional at Disneyland is available to purchase on DVD. My daughter was in the tree part of the choir for the 8:00 performance and my camcorder didn't capture it well so I would love to get a copy if possible.