Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend

The Disneyland AP links have been posted (and are exactly the same as above):

Dumbo Double Dare: http://di.sn/gUR
    Disneyland Half Marathon: http://di.sn/rOB
    Disneyland 10k: http://di.sn/tPe
    Disneyland Family Fun Run 5k: http://di.sn/qPH
    Kids Races (12 month & under): http://di.sn/gUS
    1-3 yr old 100 meter dash: http://di.sn/iVV
    4-6 yr old 200 meter dash: http://di.sn/pOt
    7-8 yr old 400 meter dash: http://di.sn/dT2

2. # ADS

Thanks for the link, my wife and I are in. 2/3 of our Mouseadventure team is in.

Force is strong in this one

Thanks for the links. I'm in again!

In the year leading up to my 40th birthday, I successfully ran 40 races ending with Ironman Lake Tahoe! Follow me on Facebook!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Nala* View Post
    It's kind of silly, but I was hoping they'd release the theme for the 5k and 10k before I need to decide whether to sign up.
    Same here. I figure I'll keep an eye on the percentages for how full they are and decide as it gets closer to filling up. I'm not sure if I'd do both again. I did the 5K and the 10K for Tink and then I volunteered for the 1/2 and it's days later and I'm still exhausted. Annoyed at how long it's taking me to recover.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Don't worry, I'm still tired from last weekend too. I'm just a glutton for punishment I suppose
    Is there any way to double check my registration (besides the email confirmation they send?)? I'm a paranoid person and after the mess this morning of the link not being posted and such, I just wanted to double triple check that I'm officially registered.

Looks like pre-regs for DDD are full now btw.

"If you can dream it, you can do it."
    "You can't run from trouble, there ain't no place that far."

Headless Chicken

I'm registered for the 10K. I'll stick with the MP cheer/relief station for the half, seeing as I don't like heat and $200 race fees.

First 5K - Neverland - January 19th, 2013
    First Half Marathon - TinkerBell - January 19th, 2014

It's amazing what is possible in just one year.

We are all signed up! My husband and I are doing the 10k. We are doing the 5k with our 4 year old. I also signed our 2 year old up for the kids race. We decided not to do the Dumbo Double Dare, partly due to the money and the heat. Last year, it was so hot for the half and I was miserable. I know that it may not be quite that hot (and muggy) this year, but this set-up really worked for us for Tink last weekend so that's what we're sticking to for now. I can't wait to ask Katie if she wants to do another "big" race at Disneyland again. She had the best time doing the 5k during the Tinkerbell weekend!

I noticed that the DDD pre-registration was full also. That didn't last long. Makes me think how quickly it's going to go next week when real registrations opens.

Elizabeth & Matt, established 2008 *Katie born 2/2010 *Josie born 2/2012 *Jayson born 3/2015
    AP holder 2010-2016, Disneyland fan since the '80s
    WDW *1984 (or maybe 1983), *2013

I'm contemplating doing the 10K and helping with the cheer station for the half marathon.

I told myself I wasn't going to do this one. I want to try the Wine and Dine to get my C2C medal. However, seeing all the excitement here, perhaps I should change my plans...

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Shoot me now. I signed up for the Dopey again...

RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks like at pre-reg slots for the 10k are gone as well.

For the first time ever I didn't get the amount of charity spots that I requested for the event. I had to wait list two of my 10k runners. DDD, 10k and 5k teams are already full. I have a handful of HM spots and one Kids race. My rD rep warned me that many charity and travel groups wouldn't get what they requested since so many over order. We don't. We have a small team and we always fill our spots. Anyhow, we'll fill them for sure this time since most of our spots are already full. Wow. They must be expecting the same kind of frenzy as last year. And I'm assuming that there will be fewer DDD participants than last year as well, since they oversold that event before registration even opened.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Headless Chicken
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    I'll save you some oranges and red vines.
    First 5K - Neverland - January 19th, 2013
    First Half Marathon - TinkerBell - January 19th, 2014

It's amazing what is possible in just one year.

Blog Entries
    Dopey or Dumbo?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
    I'll save you some oranges and red vines.
    Dear heavens I'm tired. I meant the Dumbo not the Dopey. I must still have Dopey on the brain.

Appreciate the offer of oranges and red vines. Let's hope the weather is cooler than last years!
    RunningFool

Blog Entries
    Dear heavens I'm tired. I meant the Dumbo not the Dopey. I must still have Dopey on the brain.

Appreciate the offer of oranges and red vines. Let's hope the weather is cooler than last years!
    That's because you're a Dopey Dumbo for doing Dopey, Tink events and signing up for Dumbo all in a matter of two weeks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    That's because you're a Dopey Dumbo for doing Dopey, Tink events and signing up for Dumbo all in a matter of two weeks.
    I knew there had to be a logical reason- I was just too Sleepy to figure it out.
    RunningFool

2014 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend

For those people who are DVC members, I just checked my DVC account and that link for the Dumbo is still active

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elcid3 View Post
    For those people who are DVC members, I just checked my DVC account and that link for the Dumbo is still active
    The links are still active, but if you go through the registration process it will not let you complete the transaction at the very end.

I did just sign up for the 10k through the DVC site maybe less than an hour ago. Now hoping for a good theme! I may do the 5k with the 4 year old or wait until the theme is announced for that one. Not sure.

Blog Entries
    I did just sign up for the 10k through the DVC site maybe less than an hour ago. Now hoping for a good theme! I may do the 5k with the 4 year old or wait until the theme is announced for that one. Not sure.
    Weird. I tried about 4pm and couldn't.

Blog Entries

OK. I just went through DVC again and was able to register my oldest. He's going to fundraise for the team, but I needed to free up a 10k spot for a wait lister.

Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    OK. I just went through DVC again and was able to register my oldest. He's going to fundraise for the team, but I needed to free up a 10k spot for a wait lister.
    Oh good, glad you got him in!

Blog Entries

2014 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend

Oh good, glad you got him in!
    Thank you!!

This will be my first half marathon ever! (I've signed up for Dumbo, foolish maybe, but I know I can do it!). My time for this past Think 10K rocked, so I'm not worried about the 10K at all. I ran the DL 10K last year in the heat and it was awful. Anyway, I'm stoked, and I have you guys to thank for it for posting the links! I was frantically on twitter, Facebook and mousepad all at the same time trying to figure out why the Disneyland website didn't have the link!
    I've checked my email no less than 4 times today to make sure I actually got confirmation of registration…I'm a paranoid person when it comes to this kind of stuff!

"If you can dream it, you can do it."
    "You can't run from trouble, there ain't no place that far."

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    The Disneyland AP links have been posted (and are exactly the same as above):

Dumbo Double Dare: http://di.sn/gUR
    Goes to a nonexitent page now. Don't know if the URL is wrong or it's full and Active doesn't know how to render the "event registration is now full" info. And no, not planning on doing Dumbo. Was just checking.
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.