Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Something New for MyMagic+

Blog Entries

Something New for MyMagic+

We have a trip coming up in January. I just received a FedEx package which I assumed (erroneously) contained our new MagicBands. What it did contain, within The Incredibles themed packaging, was a booklet labeled "The Russo Family's Incredible Vacation" and containing personalized information for our upcoming trip. It had the dates and reservation numbers along with info on our resort with recommendations for restaurants, attractions, etc.

The package also contained this: Memory Stick.jpg It's a memory stick (flash drive) which illuminates to resemble the ubiquitous RFID readers throughout Walt Disney World. It contained two links to Incredibles-themed videos explaining access to My Magic+, FastPass+, etc. I didn't learn a whole lot new but I thought the packaging a delivery were very clever and a nice keepsake.

Steve

2. # ADS

That's really cool. We're in FL already and will be driving up tomorrow for a week at SSR. We didn't get one of those welcome packages before leaving home on Monday. It's probably home waiting for us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arnoldvb View Post
    That's really cool. We're in FL already and will be driving up tomorrow for a week at SSR. We didn't get one of those welcome packages before leaving home on Monday. It's probably home waiting for us.
    Enjoy the trip. I look forward to your report.
    Steve

Visiting WDW Since 1982

thanks, Steve - very interesting info

Stan

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

TRE' cool!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Something New for MyMagic+

Want....!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Hey Mickey, your so fine!

Received the same thing. Was also expecting magic bands. Nice packaging, fun to play with but, honestly, seems like a wast of money. All the info on the flash drive is available online and I had already set everything up. I realize it's marketing, but still, I'd rather them use the money to add an attraction to any of their parks.

But it is a nice chotchky, and it is a 1g jump drive, so you can fit a bunch of pictures on it. It makes it convenient to go to somewhere that has one of those Kodak photo Kiosks to print them. (and it fits in with the other thread about favorite free things from Disney! )

Got mine Saturday but not FedEx. Haven't had time to watch it yet. Cute, but strange. I guess they want to be sure you know about the MyMagic+ program so it's not a surprise when you get there.

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. ~~Marcus Aurelius

We got one last week for our upcoming January trip. (1st time marathon!) Its a neat little keepsake, great for photos, Disney itineraries (yeah, we are that kind of crazy...) but I agree, with the custom drive, custom box, custom booklet and shipping, its a lot of marketing money spent, especially on those of us who have already drunk the Dole Whip...

Two wrongs may not make a right, but 3 rights make a left.

My friend is a travel agent, and got one of these about a month or so ago and gave it to me. I tossed it into my desk drawer, thinking that I would get to it sometime soon. I thought that it was just a neat looking thumb drive that I could store stuff on. After I read the WDW update this week, I took it out & plugged it in. Turns out that it's a video from Edna Mode about the new Magic Bands & Fast Pass +. Nice little thing, but lots of money that could be spent on other things around the WDW property. We also got our Magic Bands in the mail about a week or so ago for the upcoming trip. Again, nice presentation box, but money that could be saved and the bands could be given to you at check-in. I'll save the box to keep "my treasures" from the trip (I always save park guides, pixie dust, show streamers, specialty printed napkins, etc.)

Interesting gizmo.

TulaBelle
    Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever.

Blog Entries

In this era of corporate downsizing, it's interesting to note the amount of people who realize and identify the possible $$$ (over?)spent by Disney in distributing this (memory stick) information to upcoming visitors to the Parks. Does this mean no more DVD's/printed info. packs being sent in the future? What do you surmise the additional cost factor is in doing it this way?

Wishing i could be at WDW...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DisDreams View Post
    In this era of corporate downsizing, it's interesting to note the amount of people who realize and identify the possible $$$ (over?)spent by Disney in distributing this (memory stick) information to upcoming visitors to the Parks. Does this mean no more DVD's/printed info. packs being sent in the future? What do you surmise the additional cost factor is in doing it this way?
    It's always a concern but the cost here, as with the mailings of MagicBands, is close to negligible. As I understand it, for new programs like this, Disney is large enough to negotiate a blanket contract with FedEx, UPS, etc. to handle all shipping. As the new program matures, I'm sure they'll be looking to fine-tune and optimize things. Keeping their costs down is something Disney is pretty good at ;-)
    Steve