Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Korkis Korner: Remembering Diane Disney Miller

Remembering Diane Disney Miller by Jim Korkis

Jim looks back with fondness at Walt's daughter

Read it here!

Very touching article about an amazing woman, Jim. I was absolutely shocked when I saw the headline. The feeling I have now is so similar to the one I remember coming into work at Epcot in 2009 and learning that Wayne Allwine had passed. My supervisor took it upon herself to cheer me up before I went back onstage. As Disney cast members, we all really felt like part of that family, just as so many millions of fans and visitors do, too. Diane will certainly be missed.

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff

About four years back, I wrote an article here on MousePlanet, Top 5 Things I Need to See at Disneyland. My number 1 was the lamp in Walt's apartment window above the Firehouse. My reasoning, of course, was that Walt was actually there in Disneyland, as opposed to all the other Disney parks in the world. I needed to feel his presence. I've gotten many responses to many articles over the years, but my most cherished email response was when Diane Disney Miller responded to this one. It was brief. She just thanked me for writing the article and made a comment to the extent that it was wonderful to see how her father affected so many people in so many different ways. It was almost as if she was surprised that her father was still having that kind of affect on people. Considering who her dad was, it was a very humble response and I was thrilled that she took the time to send it. To me, that spoke volumes as to the kind of person she was. Thanks very much Diane for all that you've done for all of us.

Chris

Jim,

What a lovely remembrance. Thank you for sharing from the heart. It is perhaps the best tribute I've seen written on her in the last couple of days. Ironic that it would come from some place other than the very organization that bears her father's name.

Jeff Kober

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

I truly enjoyed reading this article and especially loved it when Diane called Walt 'Daddy'...so sweet! Thanks Jim.

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021