Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Fastpass+, Magic Bands and MyMagic+: Share your experiences

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

There's a report/article on today's MP regarding the FP+ magic bands. It was very good and confirmed a lot of our comments here.

LINK

I did get an email from Disney yesterday regarding an upcoming visit. They asked me to partake in a survey about the FP+/Magic Bands. There were a lot of questions about how easy/difficult the site is to use, how the FPs were going to work, etc. The most intriguing part was several questions on preferences for EXTRA FPs after you used/allocated your initial passes. They also asked about park hopping and how the FPs would best work in those situations.

All that said, I guess they are listening and tweaking!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

2. # ADS

FP+ selections went very well and were a cinch. It was interesting reading about how to do it rather than seeing it. I found it intuitive, overall, but was glad to have Scoobydooby's info on how to go in and choose a very specific time. 7 Dwarfs is still not on the selection menu, and I'll let you know when it hits. After all of my griping about the new system, it was nice to see the ADRs, FP+s, and other pertinent info in all one place.

Hi all,
    I know the extra FP+ perq is still new, but has anyone run into this:

you've made 3 FP+ for the day at MK, including reserved seating for Wishes. Does that really mean that you have to wait until Wishes is over to make a 4th selection?

Thanks!

--jenny

I think so and this is why my plan to do my FP all in the evening is backfiring....ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by TinaMouse View Post
    I think so and this is why my plan to do my FP all in the evening is backfiring....ugh.
    Yes this. I spent the day rebooking the majority of mine yesterday and making new personalised touring plans. Which I had already done once ....... Didn't try and mess with the Anna and Elsa one though. I'm not risking losing that bad boy!!!!!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

This seems to me like a difficult balancing act .... to access 4 or more FP+'s you have to schedule and use your initial 3 for early in the day when they're not necessarily needed.

Then, once your initial three are used (let's say by 1:00 pm) there's the very high likelihood the times and/or rides you want to book later in the day aren't available.

I'm tempted to say I'm better off with just my 3 well-timed and well-planned FP+'s rather than 5 or 6 or whatever just for the sake of getting 5 or 6 or whatever.

Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Quote Originally Posted by MidwayManiac View Post
    I'm tempted to say I'm better off with just my 3 well-timed and well-planned FP+'s rather than 5 or 6 or whatever just for the sake of getting 5 or 6 or whatever.
    I am starting to think the same way.
    Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by CBFETT View Post
    I am starting to think the same way.
    What, you guys don't think you'll be able to pick up a FP for Space Mountain after dinner with a crowd level of 8 or more? lol
    It's definitely more complicated, but my biggest complaint I think is still that I can't use FP for at least 2 of the rides at EPCOT or Studios that really even warrant FPs.
    Joey

Quote Originally Posted by josephbandrews View Post
    What, you guys don't think you'll be able to pick up a FP for Space Mountain after dinner with a crowd level of 8 or more? lol
    It's definitely more complicated, but my biggest complaint I think is still that I can't use FP for at least 2 of the rides at EPCOT or Studios that really even warrant FPs.
    This is definitely the biggest pain for making a touring plan. Where they work really well I think, based on my paper plans anyway, is AK. I have a great plan there. We start at 7am (EMH) and should be done by 2pm still having an hours lunch ADR and two turns on all three 'main' attractions plus several other rides and exhibits. It also means you can ignore rope drop at AK and still do all the big rides easily. For Epcot in particular though it's a major inconvenience. Difficult to say for me for MK as we are going there four times so obviously with 12 FP it's been pretty easy to plan to do everything we want. DHS tiering system just makes for very odd TPs.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Well, I, for one, am not a fan of the fastpass + as it stands. For a party with riders of both young and old age, and for parties mixed with package deal people and season ticket holders, trying to plan and time everything out is exhausting. It is an unnecessary addition to the planning agenda, and doesn't provide benefits commensurate with that extra burden. By adding so many new fastpass experiences, and by having so many fastpass slots available for each of them, the fastpass lines will be longer, but so too will the normal lines. Why ruin what was working so well? If anything, all they needed was a kiosk at the front of the park to make the initial fastpass reservations of the day; that way, you wouldn't need a runner to separate from the group to grab Soarin' or Test Track tickets.

The tier system for Epcot and HS is not a winner either, in my opinion. In times past, I could easily score fastpasses for all the major rides. Now, maybe that will still be possible since that they are allowing extra fastpasses after the first three, but why not offer it from the start?

Think of the expense they had to go through to initiate this debacle. Why not put that money into Star Wars
    Land, or at least a dark ride at Animal Kingdom, or a new pavilion at Epcot (or at least to fix or remove, what is it, the Odyssey Center)? Ah well hopefully they will continue to,ostensibly to feedback.

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by MidwayManiac View Post
    This seems to me like a difficult balancing act .... to access 4 or more FP+'s you have to schedule and use your initial 3 for early in the day when they're not necessarily needed.

Then, once your initial three are used (let's say by 1:00 pm) there's the very high likelihood the times and/or rides you want to book later in the day aren't available.

^THIS is my plan too...

Visiting WDW Since 1982

I'm at least going to start with this plan and see how it goes

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by petesimac View Post
    Well, I, for one, am not a fan of the fastpass + as it stands. For a party with riders of both young and old age, and for parties mixed with package deal people and season ticket holders, trying to plan and time everything out is exhausting. It is an unnecessary addition to the planning agenda, and doesn't provide benefits commensurate with that extra burden. By adding so many new fastpass experiences, and by having so many fastpass slots available for each of them, the fastpass lines will be longer, but so too will the normal lines. Why ruin what was working so well? If anything, all they needed was a kiosk at the front of the park to make the initial fastpass reservations of the day; that way, you wouldn't need a runner to separate from the group to grab Soarin' or Test Track tickets.

The tier system for Epcot and HS is not a winner either, in my opinion. In times past, I could easily score fastpasses for all the major rides. Now, maybe that will still be possible since that they are allowing extra fastpasses after the first three, but why not offer it from the start?

Think of the expense they had to go through to initiate this debacle. Why not put that money into Star Wars
    Land, or at least a dark ride at Animal Kingdom, or a new pavilion at Epcot (or at least to fix or remove, what is it, the Odyssey Center)? Ah well hopefully they will continue to,ostensibly to feedback.
    Off Topic

Petesimac - Here is a photo of the pin
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    Off Topic

Petesimac - Here is a photo of the pin
    Nice!
    1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

Is anyone else having trouble getting tickets to sync properly? I have my personal premiere pass synced, and it's all set up to send my the wristband. Then I tried to sync the passes of my siblings and while it seemed to work at the time, I can't get them wristbands and I'm getting this error message: "We're sorry. The complete details for this ticket or pass are not available at this time. Please check back soon." I've been getting the message for almost a week.

Also, does everyone in a linked group have to have the same FastPass+ reservations? We have younger kids who don't like the scary rides, and older people who want to go on all the scary rides. Will that work?

2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
    2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half
    2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k
    MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"

Quote Originally Posted by Nikara View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble getting tickets to sync properly? I have my personal premiere pass synced, and it's all set up to send my the wristband. Then I tried to sync the passes of my siblings and while it seemed to work at the time, I can't get them wristbands and I'm getting this error message: "We're sorry. The complete details for this ticket or pass are not available at this time. Please check back soon." I've been getting the message for almost a week.

Also, does everyone in a linked group have to have the same FastPass+ reservations? We have younger kids who don't like the scary rides, and older people who want to go on all the scary rides. Will that work?
    MANY of us! It took 7 phone calls and ~4 days to sync tickets before my last trip. Also, I had to get a new AP quite literally 5 times (new card) and my parents got swapped once requiring new cards. Scoob keeps getting her daughters pass assigned to a stranger. Its still a mess...

Regarding FP+, no. After selecting a day, you choose which members of your party (from all those attached to your MDE) to add or make changes for. For ease I think I made plans for all of us, then changed the couple that were different. That way, for the rides we would all do together we would definitely have FP together. I.e. getting BTMRR, Space, Under da Sea for everyone...then changing Space for Ma n Pa to do something else...but still have all the same for the other 2.
    Joey

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look forward to some long phone calls with Disney in the next few days. Lovely.

2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k

Interesting ad campaign for WDW here in, of all places, Southern California. Saw commercials today featuring "magic bands and FP+ at WDW" and "add a day free at WDW when you purchase 6 four day passes."

We get Disney advertisements regularly here so this wouldn't be out of the ordinary EXCEPT of all the Disney ads I've ever seen here, about 80% are for Disneyland and the remaining 20% are for Disney parks in general, never specifically Walt Disney World. This is a first.

Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

I'll be going to the parks this weekend and staying at Boardwalk. I've already bought my seasonal pass renewal but I need to go to a ticket window to hand the voucher in and get my card/pass. Then I can check-in to the hotel and get my discount. I'll ask the concierge there to add my new card number to my account. I've already made fp+ ressies so I'm hoping that adding my renewed seasonal pass will not mess anything up.

GnP

Quote Originally Posted by Nikara View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll look forward to some long phone calls with Disney in the next few days. Lovely.
    This number goes directly to the help desk for MDE and ticket problems. Good luck!

407 939 7849
    Joey

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodnplenty View Post
    I'll be going to the parks this weekend and staying at Boardwalk. I've already bought my seasonal pass renewal but I need to go to a ticket window to hand the voucher in and get my card/pass. Then I can check-in to the hotel and get my discount.
    GnP
    Many times they'll let you check in with just the voucher, or where you can come back later in your trip to show that you did exchange the voucher for an actual pass. Maybe it's different for seasonal passes, though.
    And at least you're not doing it in October. That International Gateway ticket line was LONG!
    Cathy

Will be buying our tickets tomorrow for our upcoming trip. We will see how linking them goes to MDE. And setting up FP+

Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by josephbandrews View Post
    This number goes directly to the help desk for MDE and ticket problems. Good luck!

407 939 7849

This was magical! Got straight to a person who had to figure out what the problem was. On hold while he worked on it for twenty minutes, but at least I didn't have to wait at the beginning too. Turns out to be my first encounter with the magical "syncing Premiere passes between two ticketing systems" problem. They actually couldn't fully fix anything yet, but I can reserve FastPass+, so that's fine. Just can't get the magicbands yet. They referred everything to the website/Premiere pass teams.

Their system is totally hit and miss with the Premier passes. Some folks sail right through with no problems, while some folks never get things fixed. I had 2 recent trips, and after several phone calls was able to use it as advertised on the first of these trips. But then it got screwed up again, requiring me to use both my Magic Band and the actual Premier card for the latter of the trips. Here's hoping they get it all worked out in the near future.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

I'm pretty irritated. We usually hit rope drop and can get through many rides in that first 90 minutes. With these FPs spread out over one + hour each, I think we'll be winding all over the parks filling time between the FP rides. It also means that if you want to use all three FPs you have to stay in the park for 3 hours. We don't always do that as we are avid hoppers.

I was online yesterday for HOURS lining up other things we wanted to see with the FPs I already have in the system. It all feels so constrained and planned. Maybe I'll feel differently when we go, but for now, I'm irritated.

I did put most of my FPs in the afternoon/evening, though....