Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Fastpass+, Magic Bands and MyMagic+: Share your experiences

Fastpass+, Magic Bands and MyMagic+: Share your experiences

I heard that you only get 3 Fast Pass Plus per day.

So once you use those 3 fast pass plus passes can you get regular fast passes?

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fast Pass Plus

Per a conversation I read with a. 'Live chat' with Disney, they're still testing on how they're dealing with fastpass+ vs regular fastpass.

Cathy

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar

With the current beta testing that's going, yes, you can still pull a traditional FP. But from what I've read (and obviously this is apt to change at any time before the system goes live) that the paper FPs will go away and you will be limited to however many FP+ they decide to allot each guest per day. Currently it's 3, but most people are getting a "bonus" 4th FP+ in MK. It issues you the 4th one as either Pirates or HM, but I've been able to swap attractions with the bonus FP+ to a more desirable attraction.

This does not bode well, in my opinion. The fastpass plus system will make lines that are normally quick, such as HM, into long waits unless you have a fastpass (which you didn't use to need for HM). I'm willing to reserve judgement until it all shakes out, but red flags are waving all over the place (and I'm not even talking about the ill-fated Avatarland).

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by CariBelle View Post
    With the current beta testing that's going, yes, you can still pull a traditional FP. But from what I've read (and obviously this is apt to change at any time before the system goes live) that the paper FPs will go away and you will be limited to however many FP+ they decide to allot each guest per day. Currently it's 3, but most people are getting a "bonus" 4th FP+ in MK. It issues you the 4th one as either Pirates or HM, but I've been able to swap attractions with the bonus FP+ to a more desirable attraction.
    So you can get your 3 FP+ and aslo some regular FP for additional rides?

Were you able to swap attractions using your smartphone?
    Tony S.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

url=http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/][/url]

Blog Entries

Fast Pass Plus

I don't think Caribelle is on her trip yet.

Cathy

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    So you can get your 3 FP+ and aslo some regular FP for additional rides?
    Currently, yes. But this is a test and everything that Disney is saying includes the fact that once FP+ is live they will phase out paper FP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethemouse View Post
    Were you able to swap attractions using your smartphone?
    I haven't tried yet. I've just been using MDE online to make any changes. I will for sure try when we are there though, and I want to test out a kiosk as well. We don't have an FP+ for our last 3 days since we don't have a touring plan for those days, it's our "do what we missed" days so we will for sure be changing them around on our phones.

Currently, yes. But this is a test and everything that Disney is saying includes the fact that once FP+ is live they will phase out paper FP.

I haven't tried yet. I've just been using MDE online to make any changes. I will for sure try when we are there though, and I want to test out a kiosk as well. We don't have an FP+ for our last 3 days since we don't have a touring plan for those days, it's our "do what we missed" days so we will for sure be changing them around on our phones.
    Can you change all parties in your group all at once on the phone or do you have to do each one individualy?

We just got back and were able to use our FP+ and regular fastpasses. At one point we had a regular FP and a FP+ for just about the same times for the Tower of Terror. Can't answer the smartphone question because we don't have them, but were able to go to a kiosk in EPCOT and review our FP+.

If you have a magic band how do you get a regular fastpass since you do not have a card to insert in the machine?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 528toI4 View Post
    If you have a magic band how do you get a regular fastpass since you do not have a card to insert in the machine?
    According to the FAQ on the "My Disney Experience" iphone app -- you don't. You can get FP+, though.
    Not sure how 100% accurate that is (becuase it says nothing about it still being in testing modes), though.
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by 528toI4 View Post
    When you check in you get a card just like always. This will have the exact same access as the Magic Band. Keep it in your wallet and use it for regular FPs.
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

We had the cards also. We used them to get additional fast passes. It was great!

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    Can you change all parties in your group all at once on the phone or do you have to do each one individualy?
    you can change everyone at once, or do them individually.
    Tony S.

thanks for the fast response

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    When you check in you get a card just like always. This will have the exact same access as the Magic Band. Keep it in your wallet and use it for regular FPs.
    I did the email question thing to Disney and they still have not responded. Glad I thought to ask here as the answer is always precise and fast. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    That's awesome news. Did you have the magic bands sent to your house early or did you receive them at check in. Did you have to request the card or are they distributing everyone bands and cards simultaneously? Thanks.

Blog Entries

Just remember - the whole 'system' is technically still in testing (my TA said she was told Jan 1 for 'full roll out') so that means that they can change anything at any point in time - and what worked for Dan at the end of September, may or may not work for you in October or November. I think it also depends on if you have a 'package' or an AP of some sort or separate MYW tickets (I think all three can mean different things during the testing).

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Sudog View Post
    That's awesome news. Did you have the magic bands sent to your house early or did you receive them at check in. Did you have to request the card or are they distributing everyone bands and cards simultaneously? Thanks.
    We did not have to request the cards - they were provided at check in.
    Tony S.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudog View Post
    Did you have the magic bands sent to your house early or did you receive them at check in. Did you have to request the card or are they distributing everyone bands and cards simultaneously? Thanks.
    I had kind of an odd deal, as I have a Premier AP, and at the time they couldn't add it to my MDE account. So I wasn't able to get a Magic Band in advance. They had one at the front desk, but I told them at first that I didn't want it, so I was issued the card. Then I wanted to book FP+'s, so I got the band the next day (they had it there waiting for me).

So I'm not sure if they'll automatically give you a card, but it's easy enough to ask for one when you check in.
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Thanks to both of you! What a great site for fast and updated Disney info!

still romantic at heart

been noticing on touringplans that FP for Soaring, TSMM, and a few other rides are completely distributed for the day by 9:30. and this is in one of the slower times of the year. Does anyone else see a problem here?

Grateful for all God has done for me, and for having Wfoxx by my side.

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

They can go quickly, but not THAT quickly. Not sure if it is due to the FP+, but that is certainly odd.

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

still romantic at heart
    Quote Originally Posted by TinaMouse View Post
    They can go quickly, but not THAT quickly. Not sure if it is due to the FP+, but that is certainly odd.
    That's what I'm saying. Today, by 10am local FP gone for RnR, TSMM, soariing, TT, and Everest. I think this is in large part due to FP+. Standby for RnR is only reported at 24 min but FP is gone.
    This will really suck if you are one of the people like locals with APs that can't use the system.
    I can see that during the Christmas season there will be little to no FP got those without advanced FP+. I wouldn't want to be a CM at guest relations dealing with all the angry people this may generate.

Ultimatly this will encourage people to stay on property to take advantage of this. Which will put more pressure on te FP system and reduce the daily FP distribution. The higher occupancy rates at the hotels will drive up the room costs and limit the number of discounted packages offered.
    Grateful for all God has done for me, and for having Wfoxx by my side.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What I have been seeing around the 'net is that people who get their paper FP's for some of the most popular attractions are getting them for near-evening hours, even though its 15 mins past opening. The blame is being placed on FP+ and people reserving their times beforehand.

In the past, and as an example, I would get a FP for TSM right at opening. I may wait in line for 20 mins and get a 10-30 to 11AM FP time or so. Now hearing reports of 5:30pm etc...

I guess that is the purpose of FP+ - to plan ahead. But since not everyone is using it quite yet, it is causing quite an issue.
    It brings a bigger question in hand - and that is trying to deal with this if you are not a planner or wish to be a bit more spontaneous. I think its also pushing people into using more technology, which may not seem like a big deal to most, but it would be no longer a level playing field when it comes to FP.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!