Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Least busy times in spring

Was mommyTo2Boys

Least busy times in spring

I am needing to go to Walt Disney World next spring and want to know when the least busy time is, would like reasonably priced hotels, as well as less crowded parks. I haven't been in 30 years. THANKS!

Formerly MommyTo2Boys1Girl
    Lori, Mommy to 4 Disney kids, Disneyland fanatic, annual pass holder

2. # ADS

You can check seasonal prices on Disney's web site and places like Mousesavers (and this sites WDW update) should have historical information regarding any specials during the time that you are considering. One big thing to keep in mind is when Easter is next year/in prior years as that obviously affects when they have peak pricing and possible promotions.

Visiting WDW Since 1982

usually the first two weeks of May

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by stan2u View Post
    usually the first two weeks of May
    Which is a great time to go. Weather isn't too hot yet, and the Flower and Garden festival will be in full swing.
    Tony S.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

url=http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/][/url]

Just make sure you avoid, Easter and Spring break and you should be fine. I really like May too. Not too hot, not too humid and crowd levels are good. Sometimes some attractions are still having there re-habs and the opening hours are not as long, but all in all a great time to visit. Have a great trip.

Cheers Larry.

Check out my Disney Blog - Photographing Disney, Mainly Photos but some of the old Larry Humour/Humor - http://www.photographingdisney.blogspot.com

Out of this world for Disney DwarfPlanet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ditto, first couple weeks in May have worked out for us very well.

"Although we think it's DOPEY that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, which has made some people GRUMPY and others just SLEEPY, we are not BASHFUL in saying we would be HAPPY if Disney's Pluto would join us as an 8th dwarf. We think this is just what the DOC ordered and is nothing to SNEEZE at."

Check touringplans.com for crowd estimates, they're usually pretty acurate

TulaBelle
    Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever.

still romantic at heart

I totally agree with the first two weeks in may. we have had the best trips during this time. Easter is very late this year which means spring break will be much more spread out then normal. Touring plans confirms this. Crowds in the first two weeks of may average in the 3-4 region with weekends peaking at 6 0ver the weekends. March and April have quite a different story with crowd levels above 6 most of the time with several days reaching 10. Feb is the same with the exception of a few days at the beginning and end of the month.
    May has the additional advantage of having the Epcot flower and garden show.
    Two down sides though
    1. Epcot flower and garden show brings out almost as many drinkers on weekends as does the food and wine festival
    2. :Lots and Lots of Brazilian tour groups are here this time of year. there's no missing them and there's no avoiding them just try not to get in line with them, as their large groups they travel in often double wait times on rides they are waiting for.

Grateful for all God has done for me, and for having Wfoxx by my side.

Quote Originally Posted by efoxx View Post
    I totally agree with the first two weeks in may. we have had the best trips during this time. Easter is very late this year which means spring break will be much more spread out then normal. Touring plans confirms this. Crowds in the first two weeks of may average in the 3-4 region with weekends peaking at 6 0ver the weekends. March and April have quite a different story with crowd levels above 6 most of the time with several days reaching 10. Feb is the same with the exception of a few days at the beginning and end of the month.
    May has the additional advantage of having the Epcot flower and garden show.
    Two down sides though
    1. Epcot flower and garden show brings out almost as many drinkers on weekends as does the food and wine festival
    2. :Lots and Lots of Brazilian tour groups are here this time of year. there's no missing them and there's no avoiding them just try not to get in line with them, as their large groups they travel in often double wait times on rides they are waiting for.
    Is this also true for mid-April?

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Least busy times in spring

Quote Originally Posted by Escape2Disney View Post
    Is this also true for mid-April?
    April you have to pay attention to Easter.
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    April you have to pay attention to Easter.
    We're just starting the process of planning a road trip from Oregon to Orlando for April 2016. We likely won't get there until mid-April, and Easter is end of March. Do spring breaks spread out until mid-April in that case?

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We're just starting the process of planning a road trip from Oregon to Orlando for April 2016. We likely won't get there until mid-April, and Easter is end of March. Do spring breaks spread out until mid-April in that case?
    They GENERALLY don't - when Easter is that early. It's usually the two weeks around Easter that are the busiest, so when Easter is in April, then you really have to watch it.

(That's a REALLY long road trip -- I hope you're doing some fun stuff in between, too - both directions!)
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    They GENERALLY don't - when Easter is that early. It's usually the two weeks around Easter that are the busiest, so when Easter is in April, then you really have to watch it.

(That's a REALLY long road trip -- I hope you're doing some fun stuff in between, too - both directions!)
    We do! I can't take long flights for health reasons, so we're taking a road trip. We're planning a lot of stops and visits with people.

We do! I can't take long flights for health reasons, so we're taking a road trip. We're planning a lot of stops and visits with people.
    Just remember that no matter how busy or packed it is at WDW, being there is soooooooooooooo much better than being at work.
    Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea