Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Recent Trip Paris Disney, Tips & Info...

Recent Trip Paris Disney, Tips & Info...

So went to Paris for two weeks, and stayed out near Euro Disney. I ended up getting an Annual Passport for the trip, so I could visit the park in the evenings when ever my Mom was tired for the day. Here is some tips and notes about it, things others may find useful. (I'm a local to Disneyland, and typically visit Disney World at least once a year.)

1. If you have medical issues (I can't do stairs), you will need your medical card or a note from a doctor to get a Guest Assistance pass in France.

2. To get an Annual Passport, you pay at the Ticket Booth but their Passport center is up near the castle. (Between the castle & their Tomorrowland/Discovery land).

3. Most rides/shows are in French and English. Typically two characters will talk, one in English the other in French. So you only get half the conversation, but enough to follow along rather easily. (The Stitch show has entirely separate shows for English vs French).

4. I traveled during the low season, so at least half the Restaurants were closed at Disneyland, but they have lots of signs to let you know which ones were open.

5. There really isn't that much 'different' that is a 'must do', for an American Disney Park person.
    They have the old versions of: Star Tours & Pirates.
    Relatively the Same: Fantasyland (except Alice Maze), Thunder mountain, Train, Mark Twain, Tower of Terror, Rock'n Roller Coaster, Animation Show, Lights & Action show.
    Rather Different Versions: Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain.
    Lots of Walkthroughs/play areas: Castle Dragon, Nautalis, Alice maze, Adventure Island, Pocahontas Village, Toy Story Play land.
    Hollywood Studios is mostly Shows: Cinemagic, Animagique, Lights Action Motor Stuntshow, Stitch show, Armageddon Show, Animation Studio show, Backstage Tour (*more a moving show then a ride).

6. Things I would say are MUST SEEs, are 1. Evening Light Show on the Castle. 2. Alice Maze. 3. Crush's Coaster.

7. People warned me about the visitors (namely the french) not knowing how to que. I didn't find this to be an issue. However I did experience what a French man told was called 'the lazy french' (and he said it as a matter of pride not insult which was odd), and this attitude was despite being low season and small crowds there were still rather long lines. Star Tours had a 20 min wait (when if the same amount of people were at Disneyland CA, there would have been no wait times really anywhere), but they were only running 1 or 2 of the simulator rooms (when they had 6). Only 2 trains for Thunder mountain, Indiana Jones Coaster, or Space Mountain each with 10 min waits which was fine. (But they had enough workers to run more capacity, but they simply didn't. And I don't think it was the workers fault but the management's). Counter Service was horrid, I had to wait 30 minutes to even place an order for food (took only a few minutes later to get the food).

8. Things I kept looking for, but they don't have: Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln/Hall of Presidents, Canoes,

9. If you stay out by Euro Disney and want to visit Paris, it is an Hour by Train (RER A Line) to get to Paris. For most major attractions you'll need to transfer to the Metro or another Train/RER from the RER A line. The RER A Line is rather modernized and set up for the comfort of English speaking visitors (announcements in English and French, and nice new looking trains), other lines vary. (Personally I would avoid the RER B line during rush hour.) Do some research before you arrive if you plan on using the Train to get to/from Euro Disney, there are some great English Language web sites that go into all about the Paris train/metro system.

10. The Light Show on the Castle, starts at CLOSING. So if the Disneyland Park closes at 9pm/17:00, that is when the Show STARTS. This is very different and odd as an American Disney person, who is use to being chased out of the park at closing. Also be aware that some of Fantasyland closes early for the lightshow fireworks (I ended up entering fantasyland at the back of Adventure Land, and had to walk all the way around to Discovery land to get to main street one night.)

2. # ADS

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

How much did you wind up paying for your AP, and at what point did it become a better deal than just buying regular admission tickets?

Great tips, by the way!

MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

I also missed the Jungle Cruise and Enchanted Tiki Room, but not Mr. Lincoln or Hall of Presidents. Those only really have appeal for Americans, and DLP is geared towards the European market. My must-sees are most of those walk-throughs: Mysteries of the Nautilus, Sleeping Beauty Castle, Alice's Curious Labyrinth, Adventure Isle and the two arcades, Discovery Arcade and Liberty Arcade. I would actually add Pirates of the Caribbean on there too, exactly because it doesn't have Jack Sparrow or any of that stuff. Phantom Manor would qualify, by virtue of being so different from American Haunted Mansions. The Disney Dreams! show is amazing as well... Probably my second favourite Disney park show after Fantasmic.

The Cheapest Annual Pass was only 119e.

The 3 days for the price of 2 Ticket was/is 176 Dollars, which converts to 130e.

So as you can see the Annual pass was/is better then even a three day pass. ***Now keep in mind the cheapest Annual passport has blackout days, AND you can't use the passport for the first two days after you buy it, this is to avoid people buying it instead of a three day pass for a three day trip.***

The cheapest annual passport was also odd, that during their 'low' session the blackout days were Tuesdays (instead of weekends like the US), this is because the Louvre is closed on Tuesdays. So they get an increase of tourists that day it would seem.

I am in the beginning stages of planning a trip to DLP. How did you book your stay? I am seeing on other boards to book through the Dutch site, UK site, etc to save money and that the US site is way more $$. Also~ can you tell me what they consider low season for DLP? thank you!!!

Happy boy and Mama~

I'm not sure quite why the French would want a show about an American President perhaps a "Great Moments with Charles De Gaulle" would float there boat more!!!

Check out my Disney Blog - Photographing Disney, Mainly Photos but some of the old Larry Humour/Humor - http://www.photographingdisney.blogspot.com

That should read "their" boat more. Tsk.

Check out my Disney Blog - Photographing Disney, Mainly Photos but some of the old Larry Humour/Humor - http://www.photographingdisney.blogspot.com