Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Mickey Mouse Talking at MK!

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Mickey Mouse Talking at MK!

The Orlando Sentinel reports that, as of Monday, October 21st, Mickey Mouse will actually speak with guests! The link is HERE.

Of course, our MousePlanet friends already had this info. It was in this week's WDW Update, found Here

Do you want to talk to Mickey?

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Im really interested to see how this works out, especially with kids catching Mickey off-guard with a question since the conversation is going to be somewhat limited.

But from the videos, I think its pretty darn neat.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

No kidding. Forever, we've become used to him NOT talking and just gesturing, but I agree that it is sometimes awkward that he cannot respond.

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Oddly, I'm more weirded out by the fact that he BLINKS. The talking I can deal with, but the blinking is too disarmingly lifelike

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Gross View Post
    Oddly, I'm more weirded out by the fact that he BLINKS. The talking I can deal with, but the blinking is too disarmingly lifelike
    Also makes a new challenge for picture taking! Used to be you only had to worry about actual people blinking when the camera went off, now you have to worry about thr characters too!

I had a few otherwise good shots from one of the mini-shows in front of the castle, but managed to get closed eyes on the character I was framing in the pic! Not a huge deal, but a new dimension to think about.

I think I also had one or 2 Jedi Robe Mickey Mouse shots from the Hyperspace Hoopla during Star Wars Weekends that had the same issue.
    -Dave

I look forward to meeting the Talking Mickey. But like others have said, interested to see how the limited conversation things goes. Not to mention the Blinking eyes and photo issue I didn't even think of until Dave mentioned it.

Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

We met Mickey Mouse when we were at WDW in September...he didn't talk then.....I feel deprived that we missed this by a few weeks! I guess I'll just have to plan another trip back soon!

Tony S.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

url=http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/][/url]