Quantcast Walt Disney World Resort Update
  Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World | User Reviews | Travel

Thread: Walt Disney World Resort Update

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Walt Disney World Resort Update

Walt Disney World Resort Update by Stephanie Wien

Animal Kingdom expansion artwork revealed | Cast members allegedly assaulted by drunken man at Epcot | DAS debuts | New running store coming to Downtown Disney | Palo price increase | What's up with Meetups? | Quick takes | Crowd update

Read it here!

2. # ADS

I hate to hear about the drunk at Epcot, but I'm definitely NOT surprised. With the "drinking around the world" thing going on year round, I'm surprised this kind of thing doesn't happen more frequently beyond the Food&Wine Fest. I've never been during the FWF, but I've seen some beligerent folks at Epcot after one too many drinks -not to the point of them hitting people, just yelling and throwing up. Still, I do hate that this happens at all where I'm taking my kids to have some nice family time. Maybe Disney should institute a card for drinking that only allows one alcoholic beverage every 90 minutes or so. That would allow the participation to continue, but would nearly eliminate the chance of some ugly behavior.

Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013

I get your concerns but I would prefer that CMs would cut off the booze for those exhibiting obviously intoxicated behavior rather than rationing out drinks for those of us who can hold our booze responsibly. JMO. I'll be honest and admit that drinking around the world is one of our most looked forward to activities at the F&W festival but we never get out of control. We've seen it firsthand though, mostly the 20 year old crowd.

John

But then it's a judgement call. That can put a CM in a tough position - especially with someone who's already agitated. Disney is the master of systems. They can get this right and make everyone happy without killing everyone's fun. If they can fix/improve the disablity system, they can fix/improve this.

Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013

Ready for MA World Explorers!
    MousePad Subscriber
    MousePad Community Leader
    Blog Entries

Walt Disney World Resort Update

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGator View Post
    But then it's a judgement call.
    Just like it is every other place that serves adult beverages. I can't imagine the Disney cast members are exempt from doing 'server training' before they're in a position to serve alcohol.
    Cathy

as dark as it gets at epcot really surprised no one has gotten hurt !!!!