Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Anaheim Zipcar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anaheim Zipcar

I'm hoping against hope that D23 offers an archives tour while we're at DL next year (there's a tour this year on the same date we'll be there next year). If there is, we'll need a way to get to Burbank, I guess! Are there any shuttle companies that would take you there and back (like Mears in Florida does?)? If not, I'll have to get a car. When we get back from the Peace Corps, we're signing up for zipcar. There's a zipcar lot not terribly far (at least it doesn't look that far on the map) from Dolphin's Cove in "Argyros Parking Lot" on Chapman & North Center Street in Orange. Is this a safe place to go and fetch a car? What would be the easiest way to get over there? Bus? Google says the 54 will take me there in 44 minutes. Thanks for indulging my very early planning efforts .

Quote Originally Posted by libbylovespluto View Post
    I'm hoping against hope that D23 offers an archives tour while we're at DL next year (there's a tour this year on the same date we'll be there next year). If there is, we'll need a way to get to Burbank, I guess! Are there any shuttle companies that would take you there and back (like Mears in Florida does?)? If not, I'll have to get a car. When we get back from the Peace Corps, we're signing up for zipcar. There's a zipcar lot not terribly far (at least it doesn't look that far on the map) from Dolphin's Cove in "Argyros Parking Lot" on Chapman & North Center Street in Orange. Is this a safe place to go and fetch a car? What would be the easiest way to get over there? Bus? Google says the 54 will take me there in 44 minutes. Thanks for indulging my very early planning efforts .
    Yes, it is a safe area, it is located next to Chapman University and Old Towne Orange. I would suggest taking a bus or renting a cab to get there.

You can also take the train up from the stadium. You'd have to get over to the train from the park but it's only a few miles. The same at the other end up in Burbank. A few miles in a cab to the studio. I grew up in Burbank and you could actually walk to the studio from the station although it would be a pretty good trek, although through a safe area so no worries there.

------------------------------------------
    The Entrapment: A thrilling, escape room experience
    http://www.theentrapment.com

Anaheim Zipcar

Thanks for the replies and advice. I see there's a Hertz 24/7 car in the convention center Marriott's parking lot, so we have another option. We'll probably use Hertz 24/7 or Zipcar. I'm a big fan of the train, but the schedule on the metrolink site for a Saturday was very sparse, and with cabs on either end (My husband and I could walk, but it's a bit far for my mom), so not much savings.

It looks like the tour schedule was released at the end of November last year, so hopefully we'll know soon whether to add an extra day to our trip!