Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: DL Hotel Room Service

DL Hotel Room Service

I was looking at the room service menu for DLH and I think I would like to give it a try on this trip. Can anyone tell me how long room service takes? Should I try to order the night before for breakfast? How about if DH and I would like some chicken tenders or a grilled chicken sandwich after 8pm? Does it take a really long time? And I'm guessing that I can charge a tip to my room or should I have cash?

Thanks, I'm a real noob at this.
    GnP

2. # ADS

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

It's been a while for us but the last time we used room service the food took about an additional 20 minutes over what you'd expect it to take for them to prepare it considering they use the kitchen at Steakhouse 55 to prep the room service orders so depending on where your room is they have the transport time on top of prep time. As for the tip, yes you can add it to the charge slip and they'll charge it to your room. There is a service charge that is included that is NOT the tip so just be aware. I will say this, we were not impressed with the food quality vs the price point. This is not saying the food was bad, it was just basic food but with the premium price point of the convenience of them bringing it to the door. As for the breakfast, when we were there they had a door tag with breakfast options that you could fill out and leave on your door with preferred delivery times.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Perfect information. Thank you MammaSilva for sharing. DH can really only eat bland food so it's okay if the food isn't impressive. And I was counting on the fact that it would take a little time to reach the room.

I really appreciate your reply!
    GnP

We ordered room service at the GCH just last Wed and the room service charge was $3.86 in addition of course to the cost of the order, the sales tax and the gratuity.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    We ordered room service at the GCH just last Wed and the room service charge was $3.86 in addition of course to the cost of the order, the sales tax and the gratuity.
    Thanks so much for the info!
    GnP