Quantcast Share your personal experience with the new DAS program at the Disneyland Resort - Page 2
  Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World | User Reviews | Travel
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 119

Thread: Share your personal experience with the new DAS program at the Disneyland Resort

  1. #26

    My experience with both DAS card and ECV. I use an ECV for mobility issues and also got a DAS for other issues. I went to guest services for the card where i was asked what i needed and how i usually visited the parks, i explained my issue and that it is necessary for me to used the alternate entrance. At first it seemed as though they didnt feel a das was warranted and were hesitant to issue one but as we were talking they saw first hand my issue and understood my need immediately. In Disneyland all of the rides without accessible lines were issuing return time passes either at the main entrances or at the alternative entrances. The process was painless in all instances, the cast members were all either very well versed on the procedure or were being trained on the spot. For attractions with accessible queues I used the DAS card to get a return time. There was only time where we would have had an actual in line wait time of over 20 minutes and that was at RSR. Apparently it had been down previously so the fast pass line was extra long I don't know how long the actual waiting would have been as we left the line almost immediately. Otherwise the new system works very well for me, I like it much better then the old system. I fell like Disney is trying really hard to meet everyone's needs and make the parks enjoyable for all.


  2. # ADS

    Join Date
    Posts
     

  3. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    Ok, thinking about this more - I could see myself having a problem with it. As in, I could see myself bothered by it on some levels. I'd sign it and agree to the terms if it were required, though. I wouldn't be bothered enough to refuse to sign.
    I wonder if they are tracking it to the point that they could pull up what you had last visit and ask if there are any change in needs and how things worked last time. Then have the possibility of adjusting the DAS accordingly.

  4. #28
    Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Being thankful for the gift of time.

    I can answer this, this morning we had a mishap with Missys DAS and there had to be a replacement printed, all that was needed was a new photo of her to print on the front, all the details of her accommodations are on file with her personal information with my blessings. I have to wonder if the same person so upset over the tracking is an annual pass holder, considering they track our use of our passes for meal and shopping discounts.

    Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

  5. #29

    Another board said that the tracking will also be used to alert supervisors if CMs apply for a DAS. For example, if the CM has an injury serious enough to apply for a DAS, then the supervisor would be alerted to make sure that the CM could still work safely. This should cut down on what was employee abuse of the GAC system, too.

    @MS: so glad to read how the new system is working out for you and Missy!


  6. #30
    CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC
    MousePad Community Leader
    Toocherie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    15 minutes from Disneyland!

    And can I just say "thank you" to MS for reporting back here so promptly about her experiences. Really helps to be able to tell the naysayers that I personally KNOW someone having a GOOD experience with the DAS.

    "Y'all might want to go to Wal-Mart and pick up a personality." Phil Robertson

  7. #31
    Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Being thankful for the gift of time.

    I have to be honest, if someone hates the new program it's because they are used to abusing the old one. I not only tested the program for missys accommodations but we talked to other families at various attractions to compare notes. The ones that weren't as happy were ones who had mild issues vs severe issues. In the old program everyone got treated the same, this one is customized to each guest to meet individual needs and some families seem to feel entitled to more 'perks' than the program is designed to give. Missy still waits her wait times, we just do it while entertaining her in other ways, perfect example, we had a return time for Pirates, we went and watched the Billys like anyone with a regular fast pass might do, by the time we had walked to the Billy show then back to Pirates our return time had arrived. We opted not to ride pirates because no system if flawless and there was about a 40 minute wait in the HCA line with folks holding the new cards and folks who had rented EVC's for their groups. This is NOT a complaint about the system at all, it was not and won't ever be a FotL system and we did just as we did before, made the decision that the wait was longer than she could handle and went and did something else. We were not upset over the situation and actually I felt bad for the poor CMs handling the situation because the sense of entitlement that was rampant among the renters of the EVC's that were there when we went to check in.

    Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

  8. #32

    I just wanted to report in on our experience yesterday, October 12th at Disneyland. We did not get a DAS, but I wanted to report our experience as a WC party with no DAS.

    The background on us for the proper context. We are a family of 3, myself, my husband and our son, Nathan. Nathan is 11yo and severely disabled. He doesn't walk, he doesn't talk, but boy does he love a Disney Park. As it relates to the parks, he primary accommodation would be ones based around mobility. He needs to be in his wheelchair at all times. For the most part, we typically do rides that have a WC car (a WAV). My husband and I sometimes do other rides, but in that case, we do rider swap. We used to get a GAC card for the last WC because it was based around a stroller kind of model, so we'd always get questions about it, so we would have a stroller =WC GAC. When we got his current WC a few years ago, it's clearly a WC, so we've never bothered to get a GAC. And at Disneyland, that seems to work fine. We typically did get one at WDW, but mostly because they asked for it a lot more.

    It is my understanding that we do not qualify for a DAS as the system exists now since our needed park accommodations are mobility based. (Nathan is way more complicated than a WC, but we are talking the Parks here.) We got to Dland around 9:30 and City Hall looked mobbed, but when we got closer we realized it was just gathered people and realistically the line looked pretty standard for a Saturday. I should mention that the park was VERY busy yesterday. Busy enough that several times, we weren't able to get Nathan through a crowd until some space opened up. We had breakfast, saw a show and headed over to meet Merida. We got the line just right and/or they let us in as the last family (that was a little unclear) and we had a nice visit with Merida. Her helper Michael there is really something special. He talks to the kids, keeps things moving. He's a real gem. Afterwards, we went to Small World. This was the most interesting part of the day DAS wise. The regular line for SW was quite long, extending out into the esplanade, I didn't see the wait time, but it was a bit of a mess. We finally got over to the WC line and there was NOBODY in the WC line. Time will tell if this is a result of the switch or if this was just coincidence, but we've been there on dead days and had several parties ahead of us and had a much longer wait than the regular line. Yesterday, it was just us. The first WC boat didn't want to work, but the second one did and we went on a cruise around the world. After that, we were going to take the train to New Orleans Square, but the train that pulled up had another party in the WC section. The conductor called and all the trains had folks in the WC compartment getting off in non convenient spots so it looked like we would have to wait 3 or 4 trains. Again, I don't think this had to do with DAS, it was just a busy day. While Hubby and I were discussing our options, they started gathering the WC folks for Mickey and the Magical Map, so we decided to bag the train for a bit and see the show. When that great show was over, we went back to the train and were able to get on the first one. It was actually the first conductor who had helped us, and he welcomed us aboard.

    We ended up in NO Square and it was a mob scene. Between being busy and the Haunted Mansion Holiday, we had a heck of a time getting through there. We headed down to Pooh. When we got there, there was a 25 minute wait for Pooh! Hubby and I were discussing whether we wanted to wait that long when the greeter CM asked us to hold on one minute so she could make a call. She got the okay, and we were escorted through the exit to board there and as luck would have it the WC car pulled in just as we got there. We've never done that, we always just use the regular line. I think it was mostly coincidence, but in this particular case, we had our shortest wait ever after the change.

    After that, we did a few different things, but we ended up in the WC section near Small World for the 4PM parade. We got there around 3:40 and the section was maybe 40% full. We were able to park Nathan at the curb though, so we were fine. Most of the folks there didn't seem to need the WC section, but what do I know? Ten minutes later or so an older lady and her husband in an ECV showed up. About 15 minutes before parade time a CM showed up to inform everyone this was a WC section and they'd have to leave. Everyone but us and the older ECV couple left the area. Something similar happened the last time we were in this section, Disney doesn't seem to be policing this area prior to the parade much, so everyone comes in. I say this as a Disney problem and not a guest problem because the area is only slightly marked, so a lot of people are sitting there in good faith and then get kicked out 10 minutes before the parade when there are fewer spots to choose from. About 5 minutes before the parade my own personal pet peeve happened. A huge family showed up for the WC section, based on one Granny in a rented WC, we're talking 2 or 3 strollers line up on the curb (which IMO should be WC slots), 2 or three generation of family. Seriously this one party must have been 10-15 people large in the WC seating for one granny. Not exactly related to DAS, but this does seem like something that could be improved. After that we wrapped it up and headed to the monorail to go to DTD. I don't think this had anything to with GAC/DAS but there was no one in line. The last few times we've done the monorail it's been a 20-30 minute wait, this time we walked right up to the platform.

    Just a few final thoughts comments:

    --Overall, I think our waits were easier/shorter than typical, time will tell if those are permanent changes with the switch or if was just the luck of the draw yesterday.

    --CM's seemed especially friendly/accommodating/warm yesterday. We've never had a conductor call and see what the status of the WC sections in the trains was. Typically, they just tell us to wait for the next one. We've never been sent through the exit at Pooh. I don't know if was directly related to being nice to disabled guests with everything going on, but everyone was super nice. (And for the record no one has ever been anything but great to Nathan, yesterday they just seemed super extra great.)

    --We only saw a couple of DAS cards yesterday. Typically hanging out in the WC sections/lines, every single party was flashing around a GAC.

    This got a bit long winded, but I wanted to give a small glimpse of what a non DAS WC user day was like. I'll report back on DCA when we get there next.


  9. #33
    Ready for MA World Explorers!
    MousePad Subscriber
    MousePad Community Leader
    Drince88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    N.O. LA
    Blog Entries
    5

    Share your personal experience with the new DAS program at the Disneyland Resort

    Sounds like a great day for Nathan!

    MS - I'm a little confused. You got a return time for pirates, but when you returned, you were going to have to wait ANOTHER 40 minutes? Is that because you use the ECV and Missy isn't? If she'd been returning with someone else, would she have had the 40 minute wait on too of the wait you had with her card?

    Cathy

  10. #34
    It was a good day!
    MousePad Community Leader
    Malcon10t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Modesto/Waterford
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Sounds like a great day for Nathan!

    MS - I'm a little confused. You got a return time for pirates, but when you returned, you were going to have to wait ANOTHER 40 minutes? Is that because you use the ECV and Missy isn't? If she'd been returning with someone else, would she have had the 40 minute wait on too of the wait you had with her card?
    I'm curious about this also. I believe Missy is usually in a chair, so I'm curious how this goes down, as this was a concern. I would expect them to send you up to the line inside, not outside.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

  11. #35
    some imagination, huh? DisneyFunFamily4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    off to neverland...
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I'm curious about this also. I believe Missy is usually in a chair, so I'm curious how this goes down, as this was a concern. I would expect them to send you up to the line inside, not outside.
    Missy was walking, MS had her scooter. It was really crowded and gridlocked back there. MS showed the CM the pass but I think at that point everyone had to wait, the CM's seemed overwhelmed. MS did say to the CM that we were given a return time but we were still supposed to wait? THe CM was very apologetic and said yes but we could come back or we could get behind the rope with everyone else as they had also been waiting and stated they could only have X number of groups on the ride at a time and couldn't have us waiting inside the exit. I think she did offer to give us a pass to come back but i dont know that it would have helped. The line for pirates was completely insane all weekend.

  12. #36

    Share your personal experience with the new DAS program at the Disneyland Resort

    Quote Originally Posted by Janis and Aaron View Post
    This seems like a real, thoughtful improvement. However, it seems so labor-intensive that I wonder if Disney will be able to sustain it in the long run. I hope so!
    I wonder if Disney is hoping that by weeding out the "cheaters" or rule benders, ongoing maintenance of this system will not be quite as labor intensive as the initial implementation.

    So glad to read the positive remarks this far. I'm sure the small issues will be worked out.

  13. #37
    Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Being thankful for the gift of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I'm curious about this also. I believe Missy is usually in a chair, so I'm curious how this goes down, as this was a concern. I would expect them to send you up to the line inside, not outside.

    As DFF4 said, I was on my scooter but Missy was walking. We had exceeded our return time (meaning that we'd waited the required time plus more) but when we got to the exit the first thing we encountered was the CM's dealing with two park rental EVCs with a group of 12 between the 2, the CM's explained that they could only issue returns for groups of six but each renter was eligible for a fast pass return. This situation was exactly what you were concerned about Mal, they are issuing return times to non DAS folks, add that to the new system of giving DAS return times that are flexible so long as you wait the required time you can return at a later time so all of a sudden they were overwhelmed, the inside dock was full and there were several groups with DAS returns in the old school queue outside along the wall behind the rope. The CM's were so nice but overwhelmed and really they were doing the best they could with the situation. We decided that we could do something else rather than deal with the situation but that was OUR choice, the CM's were doing their best under a bad situation so I don't want anyone thinking this is any form of complaining about the way the CM's were doing their job. If there are several DAS groups returning at the same time someone is going to have to make the choice to wait or come back later. It turned out that we went on a different attraction then I went to a kiosk and asked that they cancel the pirates return and replace it with a different attraction which they did with out any issues at all. I can say that the new system is not intended to be a FotL situation but it sure is a huge improvement over the GAC.
    Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

  14. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    The DAS card itself is issued at either the Chamber of Commerce (DCA) or City Hall (Disneyland). They had marked extended queues with tape outside both today, so they were clearly prepared for a line.
    That is kind of funny: "My child has an condition and he cannot stand in lines." "No problem stand in that line over there and we will take care of you."



    What I don't understand about this new program is what about it reduces abuse? Right now they are giving a tremendous amount of attention and turning some people away who maybe would have gotten one in the past, but couldn't they have just done that with the old program and if that is the difference will this one over time slide back into having abuse?

    Don't get me wrong, I am not against their improving the program. To be honest, I have no stake in this. I have no need for either program and if the old one was abused, it wasn't anything I saw or gave any thought to. It is just that when I read about this, I am puzzled as to why it can't be abused just like the old one.

  15. #39
    Full 24 Hour All-Nighter Survivor ManaByte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    That is kind of funny: "My child has an condition and he cannot stand in lines." "No problem stand in that line over there and we will take care of you."



    What I don't understand about this new program is what about it reduces abuse? Right now they are giving a tremendous amount of attention and turning some people away who maybe would have gotten one in the past, but couldn't they have just done that with the old program and if that is the difference will this one over time slide back into having abuse?

    Don't get me wrong, I am not against their improving the program. To be honest, I have no stake in this. I have no need for either program and if the old one was abused, it wasn't anything I saw or gave any thought to. It is just that when I read about this, I am puzzled as to why it can't be abused just like the old one.
    The photo on the card and the tracking of information really helps.

    The sad thing is that GAC abuse went on for far too long and people became used to abusing it as a front of the line pass. That Today Show segment came far too late IMO.

  16. #40
    Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Being thankful for the gift of time.

    You are totally on the money that over time those who want to cheat/abuse the system will find the right 'catch phrases' to trick the CM's into issuing a pass, you come up with a system and the gamers will find a way to abuse it. The big difference between this particular program and the last two, each guest is an individual program that is entered into a data base, they've added the return time for wheelchairs and evc's which reduces the whole oh we can skip the lines, no one is skipping anything these days, it's just a matter of where you spend the wait time. The actual perk that people were so quick to try and cheat for was the whole skipping the standby wait time, the mythical front of the line access and I say mythical because it just did NOT exist anywhere but in folks minds. A few of us that use the program have shared on more than one occasion that rides such as pirates or space mountain or peter pan often had a greater wait time than the standby line but those folks who rented the equipment felt like they were getting special treatment.

    As for just a few ways that the new system will be harder to abuse, old program all the card had was a name, anyone could hold the card and claim to be the person it was issued to so there was a lot of abuse in that area, one person would get the card and then several people would present it depending on the attraction...now there is a photo of the passholder on the front and if that person isn't riding no one is riding on the pass. In fact for my daughters photo it had her face and the woman who travels with us to help me with her and it was done with the guest relations staffs blessings, we got to one attraction and presented her card and the CM was confused at the two faces, but since both of them were going to ride it was a moot point. If one of them were planning to stay off it might have been more confusing.

    As for the long lines, yes I can see where you'd be like I'm in this line because my child can't do lines, what isn't mentioned yet is the fact that every time I needed to deal with the guest relations desk my daughter was outside with our friend. There was a mishap with her pass, I went inside and discussed the situation, the CM took his iPad out to the waiting area outside and snapped a new photo with no hesitation at all and our situation was not unique there were multiple families with their children out in the outside area that the CMs came to them rather than making them deal with the trauma of being in a long line.

    Nothing is cheat proof, but this system is going to be a lot harder to get those perks that the majority of the cheaters are hoping for.

    Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

  17. #41

    I was joking about the having to stand in line to tell them you can't stand in line. That just struck me as funny as I read the post about the line, but what could they possibly do about that? Well, what you did -- wait in line without the person and have her join you at the front of the line.

    I thouhgt the article I saw was about people with the pass advertising and selling the service of having a group join him in the park. That person would be a "guide" who would get the perks for the whole group. So yes that person needed the pass and yes that person was with a party, but only knew the party because they paid him to be with them that day.

    I don't see how this program stops that. They have a database of his visits, but he would just look like someone who goes to the park a lot. It wouldn't be tracking his party and even if it did he is just a guy who goes a lot who has a lot of different relatives and friends.

    This may be a terrible thing to say, but if that really was happening I don't have that much issue with it. If someone has a disability and can't find a more rewarding was to make money, then God bless him for at least having this. (Though I would have distain for the able bodied people using his services.)


  18. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I thouhgt the article I saw was about people with the pass advertising and selling the service of having a group join him in the park. That person would be a "guide" who would get the perks for the whole group. So yes that person needed the pass and yes that person was with a party, but only knew the party because they paid him to be with them that day.

    I don't see how this program stops that. They have a database of his visits, but he would just look like someone who goes to the park a lot. It wouldn't be tracking his party and even if it did he is just a guy who goes a lot who has a lot of different relatives and friends.
    The new program wouldn't stop someone from doing that, but people were mainly doing it to skip lines -- the new program still makes people with a DAS wait almost the same amount of time as the standby line, so the incentive is gone. There's no skipping lines, regardless of the DAS.

  19. #43
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePad Community Leader
    adriennek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    In Toxic Levels of Testosterone
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I thouhgt the article I saw was about people with the pass advertising and selling the service of having a group join him in the park. That person would be a "guide" who would get the perks for the whole group. So yes that person needed the pass and yes that person was with a party, but only knew the party because they paid him to be with them that day.

    I don't see how this program stops that. They have a database of his visits, but he would just look like someone who goes to the park a lot. It wouldn't be tracking his party and even if it did he is just a guy who goes a lot who has a lot of different relatives and friends.
    Not that this program would stop that, but the wording of the terms and services includes verbiage about selling the pass or use of the pass. So when they're caught, there's more room for Disney to take action against them. Presumably.
    As you count your blessings at this time of year, and consider your end of the year charitable donations, I appreciate your consideration for the Krock family's Team Muscle Makers fundraiser: Please donate here to help us make muscles to make a difference.

    Parenting in the Parks
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.

  20. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    The new program wouldn't stop someone from doing that, but people were mainly doing it to skip lines -- the new program still makes people with a DAS wait almost the same amount of time as the standby line, so the incentive is gone. There's no skipping lines, regardless of the DAS.
    But there is. If I can get a pass to come back at a particular time and avoid the line, that is huge. A lot like a fastpass. Instead of standing in a long line, I'm munching on a churro by the Rivers of America or riding something else or any number of things that are far better than standing in a line. If the line for a ride is 40 minutes long. The issue isn't having to wait 40 minutes to ride it, the issue is standing in a line for 40 minutes. Everyone hates that.

  21. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    But there is. If I can get a pass to come back at a particular time and avoid the line, that is huge. A lot like a fastpass. Instead of standing in a long line, I'm munching on a churro by the Rivers of America or riding something else or any number of things that are far better than standing in a line. If the line for a ride is 40 minutes long. The issue isn't having to wait 40 minutes to ride it, the issue is standing in a line for 40 minutes. Everyone hates that.
    True. I guess I figured people were just doing it to skip the line altogether, but I see your point.

  22. #46
    True HEARTed! Crazy4DL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Where the heart is.

    Margaret, help! I haven't kept up with this whole new system at Disneyland. If the issue is just needing a scooter what is the process? Thanks in advance for any and all advice. Good to hear that the system is working so well for Missy.


  23. #47
    CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC
    MousePad Community Leader
    Toocherie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    15 minutes from Disneyland!

    Share your personal experience with the new DAS program at the Disneyland Resort

    So Mamma it sounds like the new system doesn't solve anything with respect to rides like Pirates and Space? Because it sounds like if there are 20 people who get a return pass for the same time then a majority of them will not be able to ride at that time because of the ride limitations of how many disabled people can be on the ride at one time?

    And this may sound rude to some but I would be hesitant about people posting TOO much about what their particular needs are and how they are accommodated--because the cheaters will just take that info and use it to scam the system again. Maybe PMs would be better? Although there is probably a ton of info out there already.....

    "Y'all might want to go to Wal-Mart and pick up a personality." Phil Robertson

  24. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    But there is. If I can get a pass to come back at a particular time and avoid the line, that is huge. A lot like a fastpass. Instead of standing in a long line, I'm munching on a churro by the Rivers of America or riding something else or any number of things that are far better than standing in a line. If the line for a ride is 40 minutes long. The issue isn't having to wait 40 minutes to ride it, the issue is standing in a line for 40 minutes. Everyone hates that.
    So why can't they allow that for those of us who have problems standing still for a long time in a line? If it's a modified fast pass, then allow it for those with varying issues who simply can't stand on their feet for a long time. Why are we told to get a wheelchair? I'd rather be able to walk a bit around the park which I can do, but it's the standing still that I have trouble with. But sigh, they'd rather I rent a chair. Flame away.....

  25. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    But there is. If I can get a pass to come back at a particular time and avoid the line, that is huge. A lot like a fastpass. Instead of standing in a long line, I'm munching on a churro by the Rivers of America or riding something else or any number of things that are far better than standing in a line. If the line for a ride is 40 minutes long. The issue isn't having to wait 40 minutes to ride it, the issue is standing in a line for 40 minutes. Everyone hates that.
    LOL! Love the part about munching a churro! I agree with you. There is an advantage to not having to spend your time standing in line and coming back at an appointed time. I do see that some people really need this accomodation, but yes, it would have advantages to everybody else as well.

  26. #50
    Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Being thankful for the gift of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toocherie View Post
    So Mamma it sounds like the new system doesn't solve anything with respect to rides like Pirates and Space? Because it sounds like if there are 20 people who get a return pass for the same time then a majority of them will not be able to ride at that time because of the ride limitations of how many disabled people can be on the ride at one time?

    And this may sound rude to some but I would be hesitant about people posting TOO much about what their particular needs are and how they are accommodated--because the cheaters will just take that info and use it to scam the system again. Maybe PMs would be better? Although there is probably a ton of info out there already.....
    unfortunately this is true, the fact that the return times on the DAS are flexible to meet the needs of the passholder plus the fact that personal/rented mobility devices get return times and the attractions have limited space makes it difficult. I will say that we didn't see that problem at Splash Mountain or at Space mountain this trip. Pirates was really the only attraction that was hectic. The Haunted Mansion has the potential to be crazy but was fine the two times we rode.
    Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •