Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any Pizza and Chinese Delivery Recommendations?

If all else fails Pammer, there is a Subway in the strip mall ALL the way down at the corner of Harbor and Katella. Hotel side of the street. They don't seem to run any of the specials or coupons, probably because of their location.

2. # ADS

Out of this world for Disney DwarfPlanet's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    If all else fails Pammer, there is a Subway in the strip mall ALL the way down at the corner of Harbor and Katella. Hotel side of the street. They don't seem to run any of the specials or coupons, probably because of their location.
    This is the strip mall I was refferring to earlier. This Subway used to have the footlong for $5 here, I only say used to since its been a year since I was out there. There were other restaurants in this strip mall also but some of them only took cash so check before you buy at them. Besides Subway what I remember is Chinese, Mexican, Burgers, and a couple more that I can't remember.
    "Although we think it's DOPEY that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, which has made some people GRUMPY and others just SLEEPY, we are not BASHFUL in saying we would be HAPPY if Disney's Pluto would join us as an 8th dwarf. We think this is just what the DOC ordered and is nothing to SNEEZE at."

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DwarfPlanet View Post
    This is the strip mall I was refferring to earlier. This Subway used to have the footlong for $5 here, I only say used to since its been a year since I was out there. There were other restaurants in this strip mall also but some of them only took cash so check before you buy at them. Besides Subway what I remember is Chinese, Mexican, Burgers, and a couple more that I can't remember.
    True, but I was thinking of something right by the pedestrian entrance as I expect to be in the parks during the morning and then grab ART or a taxi over to the Amtrak station (after getting the luggage from our motel across the street). However, OCTA and ART passes are interchangeable so we COULD in theory buy our bus pass, ride down to Subway and back, and THEN get our luggage and catch the ART to the station. Hubby LOVES their veggie sandwich so that is another viable option - thanks to you & candles for the reminder!
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    True, but I was thinking of something right by the pedestrian entrance as I expect to be in the parks during the morning and then grab ART or a taxi over to the Amtrak station (after getting the luggage from our motel across the street). However, OCTA and ART passes are interchangeable so we COULD in theory buy our bus pass, ride down to Subway and back, and THEN get our luggage and catch the ART to the station. Hubby LOVES their veggie sandwich so that is another viable option - thanks to you & candles for the reminder!
    It is only maybe a 10 min walk to the subway. I wouldn't wait for a bus in both directions....
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Lol right now I'm leery of the Subway. That's where I was heading when I slipped and broke my ankle. And in all my years of going to DL that was the very first time I had thought of going there

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    It is only maybe a 10 min walk to the subway. I wouldn't wait for a bus in both directions....
    I was thinking it would be more hassle than it would be worth to wait for a bus. It would be like walking from the Esplanade to RSR. Katella is the one that runs on the bottom edge of DCA/whats left of the parking lot.

Out of this world for Disney DwarfPlanet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We walk to this strip mall when we stay at the Islander Inn & Suites. Pammer I know you were looking for something closer but this was the only ones I remembered fairly recently, they also used to be some fast food joints by the Ramada not sure whats there now since we haven't stayed there in years. One reason we liked this Subway is the (almost said CM's lol) people that work there have always been polite and friendly even on a busy day, and even ran into the manager who was thanking us for coming there.

"Although we think it's DOPEY that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, which has made some people GRUMPY and others just SLEEPY, we are not BASHFUL in saying we would be HAPPY if Disney's Pluto would join us as an 8th dwarf. We think this is just what the DOC ordered and is nothing to SNEEZE at."

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    I was thinking it would be more hassle than it would be worth to wait for a bus. It would be like walking from the Esplanade to RSR. Katella is the one that runs on the bottom edge of DCA/whats left of the parking lot.
    Yeah...I was just being lazy and not wanting to walk down there (although I can spend 10+ hours walking all over a Disney park and not blink an eye about it ~ LOL!). We've taken OCTA up to the old Disney outlet center in Fullerton on several occasions and never had a bad incident; that's why I thought of using OCTA if we also are using ART to get back to the Amtrak station...no additional cost since the tickets can be used on both systems!

Quote Originally Posted by DwarfPlanet View Post
    We walk to this strip mall when we stay at the Islander Inn & Suites. Pammer I know you were looking for something closer but this was the only ones I remembered fairly recently, they also used to be some fast food joints by the Ramada not sure whats there now since we haven't stayed there in years. One reason we liked this Subway is the (almost said CM's lol) people that work there have always been polite and friendly even on a busy day, and even ran into the manager who was thanking us for coming there.
    Thanks...yes, we've gotten pizza at this place by the Ramada many times over the years and have been satisfied with it; the other food place there has served different things and we're not sure what it is currently either! La Brea Express is looking progressively better to us, due to its location to where we will be at that time of day and our time availability before we have to leave!
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

I totally didn't look in June, but 4 years ago, when I stayed at the Ramada with Nephew's 8th grade class, they were making the other one a coffee house type place. They might have sandwiches but I am not sure. We use the pizza place for dinner for the class.

We just got back from our trip. Had Marri's pizza two out of the three nights that we were there. Everyone loved it. It was awesome! Thanks again for the suggestions!

Last edited by Rapunzelthorn; 11-07-2013 at 05:29 PM.