Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any Pizza and Chinese Delivery Recommendations?

Any Pizza and Chinese Delivery Recommendations?

Do you guys have any recommends for where to order great pizza or Chinese food for delivery around Disneyland? I'm looking for places that deliver to the nearby hotels. We are staying at the Anaheim Plaza.

We usually just look at the coupons/flyers that are put in the room and order from those, but it is hit or miss. I'm sure that we are probably missing out on the better places. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

2. # ADS

There is a pizza place at the Ramada Maingate by Tony Roma's. I have no idea of the price as they provide the pizzas for the class pizza party for the 8th grade trip. It is pretty decent pizza.

Marri's on Katella delivers pizza and homestyle Italian food to the area hotels. They are dependable and yummy -- not fancy, but we've never had any complaints! The Pizza Press on Harbor (next to the Carousel Inn) is a short walk from the Anaheim Plaza. Don't know if they deliver, but they are fun. Choose your toppings and they make your pizza. Very fast. Pizzas are neapolitan style -- thin crust, about the size of a dinner plate. The Pizza Press gives a D23 discount.

Is that the one that used to be Quiznos?

I don't know for certain, but the space is rather small -- so it wouldn't surprise me if it used to be Quizno's.

Blog Entries

We call Round Table for pizza.

Planning 3 trips at once...

I second the vote for Marri's. You get a lot of food for your money. We got salad and pizza and had enough for two meals, and man was it goooood!

TulaBelle
    Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever.

Out of this world for Disney DwarfPlanet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Last time we were there we were warned not to order from the flyers left around that some folks were getting stiffed on their food. There used to be a food court by the Ramada and theres a strip of food joints at Harbor and Katella that have alot of options if your not adverse to going and picking it up.

"Although we think it's DOPEY that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, which has made some people GRUMPY and others just SLEEPY, we are not BASHFUL in saying we would be HAPPY if Disney's Pluto would join us as an 8th dwarf. We think this is just what the DOC ordered and is nothing to SNEEZE at."

For pizza, I agree with some pervious posters that said Marri’s is good. They also have very good Italian dishes. Of course there are the more common pizza delivery companies, like Round Table Pizza and Papa Johns. Both, also have good pizza.

For Chinese, we recommend Choy’s Chinese Food. Our hotel staff loves their Combination Fried Rice and Chow Mien. Also, they deliver from 4pm-2am, so it is a great after park meal if you’re hungry!

Hope this helps!
    Kriss

Howard Johnson Anaheim
    http://www.hojoanaheim.com

Blog Entries

Also, Mimi's does take out you can get on your way back. I think we may need to try Marri's.

Planning 3 trips at once...

Thank you for the suggestions, everyone. Looks like there are multiple recommendations for Marri's. I think that I will see if I can access their menu and info. online before we go. Will check out Choy's also. The only time we ordered Chinese delivered to the hotel was before we even had kids (12+ years ago); so, I had no clue where to start with that. We always rely on the coupons/menus that they leave in the hotel room, but I'm sure that you guys have better info./experience.

We really liked the Pizza Press near the Carousel, and yes, the employee told us it used to be a Quiznos. They cook one pizza at a time on that conveyor belt thing Quiznos uses, so if you have a big group it might not be practical. The pizzas are one size only for one price, any and all toppings you choose. We also printed a coupon from the Anaheim visitor's website. Took the pizzas back to our room and enjoyed with a nice glass of wine for the parents.

I've heard good things about Marri's and Pizza Press. They reviewed Pizza Press on a podcast I listen to and the reviewer was very impressed with them. He said there were alot of topping options from the normal to the more gourmet (artichokes, sun dried tomato) and he said they were fast and he talked to the owner who said he understands people have been waiting in lines all day across the street so he doesn't want them to have to wait more when they come into there. He also was impressed with their beer and wine options. It's on my list of things to try off property this trip.

WDW: 2012 (Contemporary), 2010 (Caribbean Beach) , 2007 (Animal Kingdom), 2001 (Beach Club)
    DLR: 5/2014, 4/2014, 10/2013, 1989, 1979

On a related note, are there any liquor stores in walking distance of park? Daddy might want to continue the adventure once the park is closed.

There is a 7-11 on the corner of Katella and Harbor. There is a liquor store on Katella at S. Walnut. Across the street from the Cast Member lot south of Paradise Pier. You can walk through that parking lot iirc. S. Walnut is the one that runs behind the Disneyland hotel. I don't remember where you were staying.
    ETA: There is also an ABC Market next to the 7-11, looks like they sell adult beverages.

There is a liquor store in the strip mall across Harbor from the ABC Mart and the 7-11. Never been in there, but the sign does say liquor store.

I assume the 7-11s in California only sell beer?

At any rate, we're only half a block from the intersection of Katella and S. Walnut, so booya!

Quote Originally Posted by ColinMcGraw View Post
    I assume the 7-11s in California only sell beer?

At any rate, we're only half a block from the intersection of Katella and S. Walnut, so booya!
    I was thinking you were onsite is why I made sure to include that one. I do think 7-11 is beer only but I haven't been in one in years.

The ABC Mart is right next door to theh 7-11 and sells much more than beer. The last time we were in there, there was a long, multilevel rack with bottles of all kinds.

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Typically, I wind up looking up Yelp for something like this, so I ran a search for "Chinese delivery" around the Disneyland resort. Some places that were very highly rated and also delivered included:

• Wok Coco at 221 S. Magnolia Avenue, with 4 out of 5 stars (Yelp link here)
    • Choy's at 2801 W. Ball, with 3.5 out of 5 stars (Yelp link here)
    • China Kitchen at 1830 W Lincoln Ave, with 4 out of 5 stars (Yelp link here)
    • KPB Asian Bistro at 233 N Euclid St, with 4.5 out of 5 stars (Yelp link here). This place has the added benefit of your being able to order online.

You'll want to take a look at each site on Yelp. Look at the photos (they usually give me a good idea of what the food REALLY looks like, versus the fancy photos at their own websites), and look at the various review write-ups. Typically if they are known for a particular dish, you will see it mentioned over and over as being something good.

Good luck!
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Thank you for the info., Lani. Yelp is a good idea; I hadn't even thought of it. I did use Yelp this summer to check Sedona restaurants and it was very helpful. Still, it is nice to get info. from the Mouse Planet members as well. It is more interactive and I like to get first hand info. from the people who go to Disney on a regular basis. Their advice is so valuable!

I can now whole heartedly recommend Pizza Press. Just a couple doors down from the crosswalk it was perfect. We loved the pizza and service so much we went twice.

The pizza is on a thin crust, but the options are great. You can do red sauce, white garlic, and there's a third option but we didn't try that. The toppings were high quality and very tasty.

And the service was fantastic!

WDW: 2012 (Contemporary), 2010 (Caribbean Beach) , 2007 (Animal Kingdom), 2001 (Beach Club)
    DLR: 5/2014, 4/2014, 10/2013, 1989, 1979

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DL Mama View Post
    We really liked the Pizza Press near the Carousel, and yes, the employee told us it used to be a Quiznos.
    Oh bummer...I was planning to grab Quizno's to take with us on the train when we go back home; guess I'll have to look into something else (maybe La Brea Bakery Express' sandwiches!).
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

Don't forget the Earl of Sandwiches in DTD is an option

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MammaSilva View Post
    Don't forget the Earl of Sandwiches in DTD is an option
    Oh yeah! We haven't eaten at the EoS here yet; only hit the one at WDW once and hubby wasn't overly impressed (probably due to the crowds) so maybe I can get him to try it this time! He used to love the turkey sandwiches from La Brea Express (grab & go) and he's already bummed that the Pacific Wharf Cafe discontinued his Vallejo Vegetarian Chili earlier this year!
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021