Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Expedition Everest Challenge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2014 Expedition Everest Challenge

Just read through the Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend official guide (check it out here) and noticed that Expedition Everest is no longer listed on the "Save the Date" page. It's listed in Tower of Terror's Guide but not Wine & Dine.

Anyone know if it's coming back or not?

Last edited by RunningFool; 11-26-2013 at 08:51 AM.
    RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh I sure hope so! It's so on my bucket list. But, with three trips back to WDW next year (sans kids) I cannot ask to add one more. My husband has been mighty gracious supporting my goals for next year, I'm not going to push it.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Blog Entries

I hope we don't loose it - it's the one runDisney that I don't have. Fingers crossed.

I will say it's not looking good. Disneyland's 2014 dates are now posted on runDisney. Expedition Everest is still showing 2013.

Last edited by RunningFool; 10-06-2013 at 01:57 AM.
    RunningFool

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Maybe they're thinking of revamping it? They mixed up new stuff this year with the family edition earlier in the day and such.

MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Blog Entries

It would be odd for runDisney to get out of the endurance-type of events when they are so popular now. But if there is a high insurance liability price, that may take them out of the market.

RunningFool

The rumor is that there will be a new event in that time frame, but nothing has been announced yet.

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2014 Expedition Everest - No "Save the Date"

Ahhh. This leads me to more questions that I will ask myself silently until the answers are revealed....

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Blog Entries

And here is the pricing for anyone who may be planning on attending.

Expedition Everest Challenge
    Individual Registration

$120 between December 17 – January 14, 2014
    $135 between January 15 – February 18, 2014
    $150 between February 19 – May 3, 2014

Team Registration

$230 between December 17 – January 14, 2014
    $255 between January 15 – February 18, 2014
    $280 between February 19 – May 3, 2014

runDisney Kids Races (Ages 4-10)

$20 December 17 – April 2, 2014
    $25 between April 3 – May 3, 2014

Expedition Everest Challenge Family Edition

$35 per person
    Up to 6 people per team roster

Post-Race Party Tickets

Adults (Ages 10 and up):

$49 between December 17 – April 2, 2014
    $59 between April 3 – May 3, 2014

Children (Ages 3 - 9):

$25 between December 17 – April 2, 2014
    $30between April 3 – May 3, 2014

RunningFool

This race is on my list of races I want to do someday, but there is already so much that same weekend. Next year I'm planning on the Safari Park Half, and there is also the OC Half for 1/3 of the Beach Cities Challenge. Hope this race continues so I can fit it in eventually.

Jen
    Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

Blog Entries

Registration opened just over two hours ago and all is quiet. Last year, it took almost a month before EE hit 51% capacity (such a difference between this event and the other runDisneys). It has to be a hard sell for a $120 5k even if it is runDisney.

Also keep in mind that the timelines between price increases is shorter this year. Last year, the final increase didn't happen until March 21st. This year, you'll be paying $15 more on January 15th and $30 more as of February 19th!

RunningFool

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How much are the other RunDisney 5Ks? $120 seems steep, even if there is a scavanger component to this.

Cathy

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Early May is great for crowds. (As great as 'modern day Disney parks' can be).

Cathy

Wishes he could be watching Wishes. RunninDisney's Avatar

Can you compare it to marathon weekend?

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
    -1 Corinthians 9:24

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I'm doing this as part of a 50th birthday celebration for myself. My first official Disney bling! (I don't count the plastic DCL Castaway Cay 5K medal as official bling.) I'll be running my first-ever 10K the following weekend. We'll have to see if I feel confident enough in the distance increase to try to commit to Wine & Dine before they sell out. Who am I and what have I done to myself?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Goldhaber View Post
    I'm doing this as part of a 50th birthday celebration for myself. My first official Disney bling! (I don't count the plastic DCL Castaway Cay 5K medal as official bling.) I'll be running my first-ever 10K the following weekend. We'll have to see if I feel confident enough in the distance increase to try to commit to Wine & Dine before they sell out. Who am I and what have I done to myself?
    Running events, especially runDisney ones, can be especially addicting as you continue to test the limits of what you can do and what you enjoy doing. Welcome to the club!
    RunningFool

Wishes he could be watching Wishes. RunninDisney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    Running events, especially runDisney ones, can be especially addicting as you continue to test the limits of what you can do and what you enjoy doing. Welcome to the club!
    VERY addicting. This race will be my 7th event. 1 WDW half, 1 WDW full, 1 family 5k(unofficial Dopey), 3 Goofy's challenge, and 1 Disneyland half. My youngest son turns 14 in 2015, so we'll be back for the WDW half again in 2016 and back again in 2018 for the 25th anniversary of the Marathon. VERY addicting. haha
    Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
    -1 Corinthians 9:24

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, somehow I find myself registered for Wine & Dine AND the WDW Half in January. Help?

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, Lorree! It's a little scary how quickly this is happening, but it's a good scary. When I find myself itching to get out and run, there's a momentary shock wondering how that happened, but then I can just enjoy it. I'm just finding that it's hard to adjust to being an adult-onset athlete. ;-)

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Lorree! It's a little scary how quickly this is happening, but it's a good scary. When I find myself itching to get out and run, there's a momentary shock wondering how that happened, but then I can just enjoy it. I'm just finding that it's hard to adjust to being an adult-onset athlete. ;-)
    Soon it will just be second nature and you won't even question it - running just becomes part of your life. Can't wait to hear all about your 50th birthday celebration at EE!
    RunningFool

My wife and I are registered for EE as an anniversary present to ourselves! Although I don't really know what we've signed up for exactly... is there a description of previous EE events?
    Last runDisney event we did was Wine & Dine Half in 2012.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerFrog View Post
    My wife and I are registered for EE as an anniversary present to ourselves! Although I don't really know what we've signed up for exactly... is there a description of previous EE events?
    Last runDisney event we did was Wine & Dine Half in 2012.
    What a wonderful anniversary gift! You'll find EE quite different than any other runDisney event.

You can find out more about EE here on the runDisney site.

You'll have to tell us all about it.
    RunningFool

We signed up for EE this year, since I want to try to do all the runDisney events at least once (assuming it won't cost me an arm and a leg to do them a few times). Last year we had to go to a wedding during the weekend time, and there wasn't a way to get out of it. So I'm glad I signed up a few weeks ago. I can't believe it sold out "so quickly"!! I wonder if our MouseAdventures experience will help with the scavenger hunt part of it.

- Spring MouseAdventures: Decades advanced: our goal? to finish. mission accomplished!
    - december 09 reindeer games: 26th place, & drenched all the way through!
    - spring 09 mouse adventure (train, trams, and monorails): advanced division, with a newbie! the dominoes and the jigsaw puzzle nearly killed us!
    - fall 08 mouse adventures: third place in the 101 division!

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Let me know if you want the answer or a hint. I'm bib #2910. What bib number does everyone else have?

Let me know if you want the answer or a hint. I'm bib #2910. What bib number does everyone else have?
    Ok, now that I'm only looking at the clue and not concentrating on work, I got it. Multitasking is clearly not strong today.

Bib# 5323 and 5322!
    - Spring MouseAdventures: Decades advanced: our goal? to finish. mission accomplished!
    - december 09 reindeer games: 26th place, & drenched all the way through!
    - spring 09 mouse adventure (train, trams, and monorails): advanced division, with a newbie! the dominoes and the jigsaw puzzle nearly killed us!
    - fall 08 mouse adventures: third place in the 101 division!

Blog Entries

Good luck to Mr. Goldhaber, ssmores, and all the Team MousePlanet Expedition Everest participants! We can't wait to hear all about the fun you will have this weekend.

RunningFool