Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Special menu offerings for Gay Days at Disneyland

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I tried the tri-colored pasta with spicy sausage marinara from Pizza Port today. It was pretty good, though it didn't really rise to the level of "spicy". The sausage was little bits mixed in with the sauce. I would have liked more sausage in the pasta, so overall, I thought it was ok.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

2. # ADS

I did not try any of the items yet (though since I have King Cotton rapping the Roscoe's song from Tapeheads in my brain I will most likely be having some Chicken and Waffles today) but I heard a lot of disappointed folks in line talking about how they ran out if rainbow cake during lunch time so none for late lunches or dinners. The Cookies are everywhere.

"Hesitating to act because the whole vision might not be achieved, or because others do not yet share it, is an attitude that only hinders progress." -Gandhi

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraTD View Post
    but I heard a lot of disappointed folks in line talking about how they ran out if rainbow cake during lunch time so none for late lunches or dinners.
    Foods ordered 20 of the rainbow cakes from the bakery. With 12 slices per cakes, that's 240 portions, or more than double the number of slices sold of the last specialty cake (red velvet) offered at the Resort. They weren't sure if it was going to be a huge hit or a huge bust, but I had a feeling they'd run out early Saturday.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

LauraTD: a Tapeheads reference?

Marry me.

("Waffles' jist pancakes wit' lil' squares on 'em!"

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I had the chicken and waffle sandwich from Hungry Bear today. Here's a picture of the sandwich angled so you can see the contents better.

I liked the sandwich, and initially, I was pleasantly surprised that the maple syrup was baked into the waffle. But after a few bites, and given that there were two waffles, it got to be entirely too sweet for my preference. I would have liked a non-sweeted waffle (which was firm and crunchy and had good texture) and then some sauce to pour as little or as much of as I wanted on it or for dipping. I ended up taking off one of the waffles and then just ate the rest of the chicken with the second waffle, which made the sugar content much less.

I thought it was interesting that they decided to use arugula for the lettuce in the sandwich, but I would have liked a little more, especially since arugula isn't nearly as substantial as iceberg or romaine. I would also have liked a bit more of the sriracha mayonnaise, less on the mayo, more on the sriracha.

I'm glad they included regular fries with it, because sweet potato fries would have been yet more sweetness that wasn't needed. And the cookie wasn't needed either. I intended to give it to someone else later but didn't get around to it and the couple of my friends I asked didn't want it, so I ended up bringing it home and will probably end up just tossing it.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by leota's necklace View Post
    LauraTD: a Tapeheads reference?

Marry me.

("Waffles' jist pancakes wit' lil' squares on 'em!"
    We totally need to hang out sometime.
    "Hesitating to act because the whole vision might not be achieved, or because others do not yet share it, is an attitude that only hinders progress." -Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I had the chicken and waffle sandwich from Hungry Bear today. Here's a picture of the sandwich angled so you can see the contents better.

I liked the sandwich, and initially, I was pleasantly surprised that the maple syrup was baked into the waffle. But after a few bites, and given that there were two waffles, it got to be entirely too sweet for my preference. I would have liked a non-sweeted waffle (which was firm and crunchy and had good texture) and then some sauce to pour as little or as much of as I wanted on it or for dipping. I ended up taking off one of the waffles and then just ate the rest of the chicken with the second waffle, which made the sugar content much less.

I thought it was interesting that they decided to use arugula for the lettuce in the sandwich, but I would have liked a little more, especially since arugula isn't nearly as substantial as iceberg or romaine. I would also have liked a bit more of the sriracha mayonnaise, less on the mayo, more on the sriracha.

I'm glad they included regular fries with it, because sweet potato fries would have been yet more sweetness that wasn't needed. And the cookie wasn't needed either. I intended to give it to someone else later but didn't get around to it and the couple of my friends I asked didn't want it, so I ended up bringing it home and will probably end up just tossing it.
    I heartily second all of this. Except I took a bite of my cookie while waiting for the fireworks. That was enough sugar for one night. Actually the cookie was ok if not for the frosting. But I am not a big fan of sugar cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikara View Post
    Rapunzelthorn- it is on top of Ariel's Grotto. You enter through a gate by the gazebo where they do meet and greets with Mickey (past the main entrance to Ariel's Grotto). It's one of my favorite places to relax in DCA.

Thank you. Will have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    What do any of these have to do with Gay Days besides the rainbow-colored goodies?
    Haha I was thinking the same thing...I have gay friends, and never remember them talking about how awesome it is to eat chicken and waffles sandwich...however...all my friends would be happy to eat chicken and waffles sandwich! sounds awesome!

I think it is awesome though, that gay days at Disney is bringing out special menu items to celebrate!
    The mosted wasted of days, is the one without laughter-E E Cummings