Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: New restroom open at Epcot

New restroom open at Epcot

While strolling around Epcot today, we had come counter-clockwise around World Showcase, heading for the America Pavilion to hear the Voices Of Liberty, on our way to lunch in Germany. As we approached America from the right side, I saw a sign that pointed to a restroom, and didn't really think too much about it at the time.

After our lunch in Germany, we were heading back that way and I decided after three Diet Cokes at lunch, I could use a restroom. Now I know that in the America Pavilion, the restroom was always located on the left side, past the restaurant and up the walkway where the ATM machine is. But I had seen this sign earlier that indicated a restroom on the other side (the little courtyard where Santa Claus sits at Christmastime).

Having been to Epcot innumerable times over its 30-odd year history, this bathroom was a mystery to me. I thought I knew the location of every bathroom in the park, so I was going to check this out. Sure enough, there was a bathroom back there - news to me after all these years.

I saw two Disney cast members standing outside the doorway on my way in, and after using this large and seemingly quite adequate facility, I thought I'd tell these cast members my funny little story about not knowing about this bathroom all these years.

I was nearly floored when the cast member told me that this was indeed a brand new restroom - opened in fact, just today!

So, as you stroll around World Showcase, or you're seeing one of the many shows at the America Gardens Theater, make a mental note of the new facilities to the right of the America Pavilion. Bathrooms aren't always the most exciting places to visit - until you really need one!

Harry

2. # ADS

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Only on this website would you find other people who were excited about a new restroom! Thanks for the scoop!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

We've had construction photos of the new restrooms in the update. I'd heard that they were going to open tomorrow, but good to know that they are available now! They weren't open on Sunday. Thanks for the information that they are open now.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Did they close the old ones?

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    I believe they are still open at present. I'm not sure what the long-term plans are. Right next to those old bathrooms is the staging area for acts about to perform at the America Gardens Theater, so around Candlelight Processional Time, that area gets very busy. Knowing Disney, they have something up their sleeve for that older bathroom area.

Harry

Blog Entries

But isn't the staging area actually back stage? The access to backstage is at 'street level' and the restrooms were above that, so there wouldn't be mixing in of people.

Cathy

I realize the two areas are on different levels. I'm envisioning maybe problems with "stage mothers" trying to converse with their kids in the Candlelight Processional - things like that. I don't know if that was a problem or not.

I also recall one year that they had portable bathroom trailers set up back there for the general public. I'm guessing those left-side restrooms were maybe not big enough for some of the crowds that develop around that theater at times.

Harry

Quote Originally Posted by TinaMouse View Post
    Only on this website would you find other people who were excited about a new restroom! Thanks for the scoop!
    Haha! As soon as I saw the title of this thread I thought to myself..."I've got to tell my daughter this!" Yeah, only here!
    [
    Followed by Mother/Daughter trip: POP Century - May 13-18

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    We've had construction photos of the new restrooms in the update. I'd heard that they were going to open tomorrow, but good to know that they are available now! They weren't open on Sunday. Thanks for the information that they are open now.
    A soft opening for restrooms? That's a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    It going to be converted for FastPass.

And they're adding a loop.

I checked out the new restroom last week. The have ceramic tile that is designed to look like a colonial wallpaper. These are probably some of the nicer restrooms in Epcot.

Tony S.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

url=http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/][/url]

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovethemouse View Post
    I checked out the new restroom last week. The have ceramic tile that is designed to look like a colonial wallpaper. These are probably some of the nicer restrooms in Epcot.
    Nice! They seem to be making the bathrooms more and more decorative. I was really impressed by the bathrooms in the AoA Main Building. Beautiful! Sounds odd, but it was!

Stephanie

Ah I still long for the bathrooms in the Millenium Building between the UK and Canada, those were kool.

Check out my Disney Blog - Photographing Disney, Mainly Photos but some of the old Larry Humour/Humor - http://www.photographingdisney.blogspot.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LarryfmScotland View Post
    Ah I still long for the bathrooms in the Millenium Building between the UK and Canada, those were kool.
    You can still enjoy them during special events! What I liked about them is that they were HUGE!
    Cathy