Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mickey's Halloween Party details

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Mickey's Halloween Party details

Tonight is the first Mickey's Halloween party event, and a friendly cast member reader has passed along some information that will be helpful to readers planning their visits to this or future events.

Toontown Treat Pre-Party

There's a new Toontown Treat Pre-Party from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. on Friday night events, and 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. for all other events. The pre-party features early trick or treating for event guests and character meet & greets with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, Chip, Dale, Clarabelle Cow and Roger Rabbit.

Toontown will close to non-event guests two hours before scheduled park closing to clear the area, and will reopen at the times listed. Toontown will then close for the night after the pre-party.

Entertainment

Mickeys Costume Party Cavalcade
    Parade Route - Nightly:
    20:30 (its a small world to Town Square), 22:30 (reverse)

Halloween Screams
    A Villainous Surprise in the Skies Fireworks
    New this year: Glow with the Show Ears interaction
    Nightly: 21:30

Monsters U Dance Party
    Featuring a monster scare-off with Mike and Sulley
    Tomorrowland Terrace
    19:45, 20:45, 21:45, 22:45

Cadaver Dans

This ghoul quartet floats on a river of fog
    Rivers of America
    19:45, 20:45, 21:45, 22:45

Disney Villains
    Town Square, Main Street, U.S.A.
    Weekday: 18:45, 19:30, 20:15, 21:00, 21:45, 22:30
    Friday: 19:45, 20:30, 21:15, 22:00, 22:45, 23:30

Trick or Treating

There are 10 trick or treat locations / trails this year. New this year: each one will offer gluten- and sugar-free treats, but only at the first stop along each trail (the one built to look like a door).

Character locations and PhotoPass service

Disney Villains Town Square
    Disney Princesses - Fantasy Faire
    Phineas & Ferb Innoventions
    Jack Skellington French Market
    Merida its a small world Promenade
    Star Wars Stormtroopers Little Green Men Store Command
    Mickey & Minnie Big Thunder Ranch
    Woody & Jessie - Big Thunder Ranch
    Captain Jack Sparrow, Peter Pan, Wendy & Captain Hook Pirate Wharf/Mark Twain & Sailing Ship Columbia Dock
    Aladdin, Jasmine & Genie Aladdins Oasis
    Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Rabbit & Eeyore Critter Country

Attractions

These rides are open during the event, unless otherwise closed for refurbishment:

Alice in Wonderland
    Astro Orbitor
    Autopia
    Big Thunder Ranch
    Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
    Casey Jr. Circus Train
    Captain EO
    Disneyland Railroad
    Dumbo the Flying Elephant (Closed 10/28, 30 & 31 for refurbishment)
    Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
    Haunted Mansion Holiday
    Indiana Jones Adventure
    its a small world (Closed 10/21, 23, 25, 28, 30 & 31 for refurbishment)
    Jungle Cruise
    King Arthur Carrousel
    Mad Tea Party Closed (10/15, 18, 21 & 23 for refurbishment)
    Matterhorn Bobsleds
    The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    Mr. Toads Wild Ride
    Peter Pans Flight
    Pinocchios Daring Journey
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Snow Whites Scary Adventures
    Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy
    Splash Mountain
    Star Tours - The Adventures Continue
    Storybook Land Canal Boats

Dining

Halloween-themed items are available at the following locations:

Cafe Orleans
    Carnation Cafe
    Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlour
    Hungry Bear
    Jolly Holiday
    Market House
    Plaza Inn
    Redd Rockett's Pizza Port
    Royal Street Verandah
    Stage Door Cafe
    Tomorrowland Terrace

In addition, the following locations are open during the event:

Bengal BBQ
    Little Red Wagon
    Refreshment Corner
    Ship to Shore Market
    Tropical Imports

Shopping

The following locations have Halloween-themed merchandise:

Disney Showcase
    Emporium
    Pieces of Eight
    Pioneer Merchantile
    Star Trader

In addition, the following locations are open during the event:

Adventureland Bazaar
    Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (limited hours)
    Candy Palace
    Disney Clothiers
    Fairy Tale Treasures
    it's a small world toy shop (Closed 10/21, 23, 25, 28, 30 & 31 for refurbishment)
    Le Petit Chalet
    Little Green Men Store Command
    Main Street Mad Hatter
    Fantasyland Mad Hatter
    Main Street Magic
    Main Street Photo
    Newsstand
    Pooh Corner
    Port Royal
    Splash Mountain ride photo
    Space Mountain ride photo

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

The use of military time is somewhat interesting.

I'm wondering how the cavalcade and villains meet 'n greet can co-exist in Town Square, especially at the start of the second parade, which is scheduled to start when a set begins at 10:30 on a non-Friday.

I'm also perplexed by the dance party and Cadaver Dans performances, which are scheduled to start 15 minutes before the party supposedly ends (on certain days) at 11 PM.

Last edited by corona; 09-27-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    The use of military time is somewhat interesting.
    Cast member documents are almost always in military time. They don't break out the "am"s and "pm"s until they publish something for guest consumption.

Sorry for not editing it myself. I was trying to get it posted before the event began.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Given early reports, opening night appeared to be another "13th hour" debacle. I had thought that the "pirate pals" at the dock was referring to Jake and whoever he hangs around with - one mom was disappointed because her son was dressed as Jake. I haven't seen any mention of meeting Roger Rabbit.

Later reports tend to be more positive - the crowd seems to thin quite a bit after the fireworks (which supposedly were missing the crystal ball).

OK, I saw a mention, but wonder why no one has posted a photo of Roger Rabbit on flickr or on a fan board.

Saw a pic of Roger on another fan board. There was a whole thread devoted to him being out and about.

Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

Thank you for the information AVP

Blog Entries

We were there and had a blast. Short lines for rides (Petter Pan was 10 mins just before the fireworks.) They appeared to do a great job on moving the non-party goers out of the areas. We got on the train at 710p by Toon town. We had to show wristbands to get on. Then at Tomorrowland, you could not get off unless you had a wristband. Then, when we hit Main St, they checked everyone on the train, and if you didn't have a wristband, you had to get off.

They candy was good, and they have Cheez-Its and baked chips. Also graham crackers!

Planning 3 trips at once...

Larger than the average Bear

Thank you AVP. Loved your movie by the way.

Winniethehulk, Finally returns to WDW, August 08

Thank you...great info.

Anyone know what holiday themed treats are being served?

Only Captain Hook and Mr. Smee alternated with Jack Sparrow Tuesday night.

Disney Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by lauras5boys View Post
    Thank you...great info.

Anyone know what holiday themed treats are being served?
    Ditto, my trip is coming up and I want to start getting excited about Halloween treats, even if it's repeat items!! I'm hungry for some Halloween sweet treat pics!
    Disney for life! ...Literally, I'm going to retire as a cm.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Had a great time last night. Our approach was different than usual, so our experience was a little different. I didn't take the day off and just left work a little early, so by the time I got there, it was almost 8pm. I've never come through the gates after the party had already started, and everything was definitely geared towards making sure you had a wristband. I like the new wristband - very sparkly - but I'm amused that it says "Mickey's Costume Crew" - that's what they call the cast members. We had dinner at Jolly Holiday, and then we met up with some friends who were also at the party. It was nice to see them and be able to catch up for a while. Then we went onto Main Street to catch the fireworks. I love the music for that and wish they'd finally put it on a park music CD. There was almost no wind last night, so about halfway through the show, it actually became hard to see the fireworks shot out of Toontown because the leftover smoke just sat there in the sky. One funny moment - when Zero first showed up, a little girl next to me said, "Look, it's Dumbo!" After fireworks, we and our friends went separate ways, and we went to a few treat trails before coming back to Main Street to watch the cavalcade, which I like. There seemed to be at least one new element this year - the pumpkin people on stilts. I don't remember them from prior years. We also noticed two people with costumes from the 50th parade. That was cool. I don't remember if they were in previous versions of this parade. And at the last float, Donald was in his stormtrooper costume! That was great, and I did manage to get a good picture of him. After that we then pretty much hit all of the treat trails in the park. I loved that they had cheez-its and baked sea salt chips. It seemed like Clif's was a sponsor of the event cause they were giving away Clif's kids bars (two flavors, peanut butter and smores) and they had some kind of Clif's kids candy that looked like a red licorice stick. And it was weird because at the very beginning, there was one treat station that was giving out Werther's candy exclusively, but we only saw the one. We didn't end up going on any rides last night and decided to do the treat stations instead.

Oh, we did get a chance to catch the Cadaver Dans on the Rivers of America - they were awesome! Looked and sounded great. Definitely a great addition to the entertainment. I do wish they'd bring back the Oogie Boogie balloon that hovered over Tom Sawyer Island that was used at one of the Haunted Mansion Holiday events. It would be perfect.

Best costume of the night - Sargeant Calhoun (Jane Lynch's character) from Wreck-It Ralph. She totally ROCKED it. The husband had pointed her out to me when we were at Jolly Holiday, and then I had the good fortune that she and her group were standing near us for fireworks, so after fireworks when they walked by us, I did get a chance to tell her how awesome her costume was. I was also glad to see a number of Wreck-It Ralph themed costumes during the night.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

We had a great time at last night's party. For a sold out party, it seemed much less crowded than the sold out parties we attended last year. Enjoyed dinner at Cafe Orleans before the party started, then headed for HM. The line was 10 minutes. Then we headed for the Critter Country treat trail. The line for photos with Pooh and Tigger was reasonably short, and the characters were really having fun with the guests, so we got some photos before working our way back through Big Thunder Ranch and then toward Tomorrowland. Fantasyland was fun -- met Maynard in line for the Village Haus treat trail. Our longest wait of the night was 20 minutes for Peter Pan. Liked the new projections on the buildings (e.g. IASW, Main Street, etc.) and the atmosphere additions (snoring dragon, lightning and thunder by Big Thunder, etc.). Since the humidity was so low, the fog machines were really cranked up on the Rivers of America. We could hardly see the Cadaver Dans, but they sounded terrific! Worked our way through Tomorrowland and came to the hub just as the CMs were putting up the crosswalk ropes for fireworks. Got spots right behind the rope so our view was great. Headed for Adventureland and walked on Indy. Came out just in time to get a Safari Skewer at Bengal BBQ and head for Main Street for the second parade. The parade CMs were really enthusiastic -- we liked the pumpkin stilt walkers. Walked into Starbucks (no line!) and got hot chocolates for the ride home. Overall, a really fun night!

Attended the Halloween Party last night and we enjoyed ourselves. We are WDW Halloween Party vets, and truth be told we were a little underwhelmed at first, especially with the "cavalcade". But we loved the fireworks and meeting the villains in Town Square (Jafar, Maleficent and the Evil Queen). We loved the mist on the Rivers of America. I don't recall their doing that in FL. We also thought it nice that they listed on the map where the Halloween foods and merchandise could be found. All in all, we really enjoyed experiencing our first Halloween Disneyland style! We're glad the parties aren't identical. Vive les differences!

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    We had a great time at last night's party. For a sold out party, it seemed much less crowded than the sold out parties we attended last year. Enjoyed dinner at Cafe Orleans before the party started, then headed for HM. The line was 10 minutes. Then we headed for the Critter Country treat trail. The line for photos with Pooh and Tigger was reasonably short, and the characters were really having fun with the guests, so we got some photos before working our way back through Big Thunder Ranch and then toward Tomorrowland. Fantasyland was fun -- met Maynard in line for the Village Haus treat trail. Our longest wait of the night was 20 minutes for Peter Pan. Liked the new projections on the buildings (e.g. IASW, Main Street, etc.) and the atmosphere additions (snoring dragon, lightning and thunder by Big Thunder, etc.). Since the humidity was so low, the fog machines were really cranked up on the Rivers of America. We could hardly see the Cadaver Dans, but they sounded terrific! Worked our way through Tomorrowland and came to the hub just as the CMs were putting up the crosswalk ropes for fireworks. Got spots right behind the rope so our view was great. Headed for Adventureland and walked on Indy. Came out just in time to get a Safari Skewer at Bengal BBQ and head for Main Street for the second parade. The parade CMs were really enthusiastic -- we liked the pumpkin stilt walkers. Walked into Starbucks (no line!) and got hot chocolates for the ride home. Overall, a really fun night!
    omg - sounds like it was a "nothing went south" night. nice! The no-line at Starbucks was an interesting note - and I wonder if your plan of being in the park early already helped. It seemed to help us on the 13th getting in the back and coming to the front. When we went we tried to get more character pictures and it took longer for us. If you don't do a lot of trick or treating the ride waits are nice and short.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    ...All in all, we really enjoyed experiencing our first Halloween Disneyland style! We're glad the parties aren't identical. Vive les differences!
    Totally agree! Why should all Disney events be the same in all parks? Much more fun to have different flavors in different locations. Glad you enjoyed your party! What was the final costume decision? And, most importantly, how was dinner at NR??

Blog Entries

We went to the party on October 11th & had a really good time. We couldn't believe how short the lines were for just about everything. We decided ahead of time that we weren't going to load up on bags and bags and bags of treats & that we'd take the time to enjoy rides instead. I think we did just about everything except for Peter Pan, Snow White, Pinocchio & Jungle Cruise. Indy was our last ride of the night. When we pulled back into the station, the CM asked if we wanted to go again. DD shot up her hand faster than I knew she could move -- and we were off for a second go-around. That was a nice surprise.

I didn't see Werther's, unfortunately. We got a few of those kids Clif bars (which we haven't tried yet), I got a few bags of Apple Crisps & Goldfish Pretzels. YUM. Also got quite a few bags of Craisins. I was slightly bummed that we got no fruit-flavored or sour candies as those tend to be my favorites. Got quite a few Butterfingers, Snickers, Peanut M&Ms (why no plain???), Kit Kats (all claimed by the child), Reeses & Hershey bars.

I really liked the 2013 Halloween t-shirts, but couldn't find one that would fit. One of the CMs said they only went up to XL, which I thought odd -- but I never DID see a 2XL, so maybe he was right. I'm quite bummed that I wasn't able to get that shirt. I did get a bunch of Halloween pins, though.

Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Would rather be looking at the back side of water...
    Everything in life is only for now.
    Nope - it never ends.

Try looking online at Disneystore.com -- look under Park Exclusives. I'm sure I saw the party shirts there earlier (don't know if they're still avalable) and I know the regular Halloween 2013 shirts are still there.

To edit the above: I just checked Disneystore.com -- there is a link under Disney Parks Products for "Halloween." The regular shirts are still there and some things are now on sale.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    To edit the above: I just checked Disneystore.com -- there is a link under Disney Parks Products for "Halloween." The regular shirts are still there and some things are now on sale.
    yeah - I don't think any of the Party merch will be available. It wasn't last year (either in park or online). I have a Halloween Screams shirt from the only year they had it as part of the regular offering and everyone scrambles asking where they can get it. I tell them probably only when the party is on...

If someone has seen different please advise.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Forgot to add that one of our favorite things at this year's party was the non-smoking policy! It was wonderful not running into clouds/unintentional mouthfuls of smoke either around the smoking areas or as guests tried to sneak cigaretts/joints in dark corners throughout the park. Hope Disney does this every year!

ETA: just received a nice phone call from Disneyland addressing my email to them commending the nonsmoking policy at MHP. The CM assured me that my comment would be sent to the proper department. At this time there is no plan to establish a no smoking policy year round, but she said that they get lots of feedback on this issue, so she would forward my questions along with my comment.

Does anyone have two extra tickets for the Trick-or-Treat party on Halloween night?

Spring 2010 Anniversary - M&M InvestigatEARS.
    Winter 2009 Reindeer Games; Fall 2009 High Seas & World Explorers - The Love Bugs.
    Spring 2009 & 2010 Day at the Park; Fall 2008 Mystery; Spring Semester 2008 - Team M&Ms.

My wife and I had a blast at last night's party. We attended for the first time 2 years ago, and dressed up then too. My wife was afraid not many adults would be in costume, but there were quite a few. The only negative was that the fireworks were cancelled because of winds. Highly recommended!

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions