Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Mickey's Halloween Party details

Tonight is the first Mickey's Halloween party event, and a friendly cast member reader has passed along some information that will be helpful to readers planning their visits to this or future events.

Toontown Treat Pre-Party

There's a new Toontown Treat Pre-Party from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. on Friday night events, and 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. for all other events. The pre-party features early trick or treating for event guests and character meet & greets with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, Chip, Dale, Clarabelle Cow and Roger Rabbit.

Toontown will close to non-event guests two hours before scheduled park closing to clear the area, and will reopen at the times listed. Toontown will then close for the night after the pre-party.

Entertainment

Mickeys Costume Party Cavalcade
    Parade Route - Nightly:
    20:30 (its a small world to Town Square), 22:30 (reverse)

Halloween Screams
    A Villainous Surprise in the Skies Fireworks
    New this year: Glow with the Show Ears interaction
    Nightly: 21:30

Monsters U Dance Party
    Featuring a monster scare-off with Mike and Sulley
    Tomorrowland Terrace
    19:45, 20:45, 21:45, 22:45

Cadaver Dans

This ghoul quartet floats on a river of fog
    Rivers of America
    19:45, 20:45, 21:45, 22:45

Disney Villains
    Town Square, Main Street, U.S.A.
    Weekday: 18:45, 19:30, 20:15, 21:00, 21:45, 22:30
    Friday: 19:45, 20:30, 21:15, 22:00, 22:45, 23:30

Trick or Treating

There are 10 trick or treat locations / trails this year. New this year: each one will offer gluten- and sugar-free treats, but only at the first stop along each trail (the one built to look like a door).

Character locations and PhotoPass service

Disney Villains Town Square
    Disney Princesses - Fantasy Faire
    Phineas & Ferb Innoventions
    Jack Skellington French Market
    Merida its a small world Promenade
    Star Wars Stormtroopers Little Green Men Store Command
    Mickey & Minnie Big Thunder Ranch
    Woody & Jessie - Big Thunder Ranch
    Captain Jack Sparrow, Peter Pan, Wendy & Captain Hook Pirate Wharf/Mark Twain & Sailing Ship Columbia Dock
    Aladdin, Jasmine & Genie Aladdins Oasis
    Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Rabbit & Eeyore Critter Country

Attractions

These rides are open during the event, unless otherwise closed for refurbishment:

Alice in Wonderland
    Astro Orbitor
    Autopia
    Big Thunder Ranch
    Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
    Casey Jr. Circus Train
    Captain EO
    Disneyland Railroad
    Dumbo the Flying Elephant (Closed 10/28, 30 & 31 for refurbishment)
    Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
    Haunted Mansion Holiday
    Indiana Jones Adventure
    its a small world (Closed 10/21, 23, 25, 28, 30 & 31 for refurbishment)
    Jungle Cruise
    King Arthur Carrousel
    Mad Tea Party Closed (10/15, 18, 21 & 23 for refurbishment)
    Matterhorn Bobsleds
    The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    Mr. Toads Wild Ride
    Peter Pans Flight
    Pinocchios Daring Journey
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Snow Whites Scary Adventures
    Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy
    Splash Mountain
    Star Tours - The Adventures Continue
    Storybook Land Canal Boats

Dining

Halloween-themed items are available at the following locations:

Cafe Orleans
    Carnation Cafe
    Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlour
    Hungry Bear
    Jolly Holiday
    Market House
    Plaza Inn
    Redd Rockett's Pizza Port
    Royal Street Verandah
    Stage Door Cafe
    Tomorrowland Terrace

In addition, the following locations are open during the event:

Bengal BBQ
    Little Red Wagon
    Refreshment Corner
    Ship to Shore Market
    Tropical Imports

Shopping

The following locations have Halloween-themed merchandise:

Disney Showcase
    Emporium
    Pieces of Eight
    Pioneer Merchantile
    Star Trader

In addition, the following locations are open during the event:

Adventureland Bazaar
    Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (limited hours)
    Candy Palace
    Disney Clothiers
    Fairy Tale Treasures
    it's a small world toy shop (Closed 10/21, 23, 25, 28, 30 & 31 for refurbishment)
    Le Petit Chalet
    Little Green Men Store Command
    Main Street Mad Hatter
    Fantasyland Mad Hatter
    Main Street Magic
    Main Street Photo
    Newsstand
    Pooh Corner
    Port Royal
    Splash Mountain ride photo
    Space Mountain ride photo

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

The use of military time is somewhat interesting.

I'm wondering how the cavalcade and villains meet 'n greet can co-exist in Town Square, especially at the start of the second parade, which is scheduled to start when a set begins at 10:30 on a non-Friday.

I'm also perplexed by the dance party and Cadaver Dans performances, which are scheduled to start 15 minutes before the party supposedly ends (on certain days) at 11 PM.

Last edited by corona; 09-27-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    The use of military time is somewhat interesting.
    Cast member documents are almost always in military time. They don't break out the "am"s and "pm"s until they publish something for guest consumption.

Sorry for not editing it myself. I was trying to get it posted before the event began.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Given early reports, opening night appeared to be another "13th hour" debacle. I had thought that the "pirate pals" at the dock was referring to Jake and whoever he hangs around with - one mom was disappointed because her son was dressed as Jake. I haven't seen any mention of meeting Roger Rabbit.

Later reports tend to be more positive - the crowd seems to thin quite a bit after the fireworks (which supposedly were missing the crystal ball).

OK, I saw a mention, but wonder why no one has posted a photo of Roger Rabbit on flickr or on a fan board.

Saw a pic of Roger on another fan board. There was a whole thread devoted to him being out and about.

Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

Attended the Halloween Party last night and we enjoyed ourselves. We are WDW Halloween Party vets, and truth be told we were a little underwhelmed at first, especially with the "cavalcade". But we loved the fireworks and meeting the villains in Town Square (Jafar, Maleficent and the Evil Queen). We loved the mist on the Rivers of America. I don't recall their doing that in FL. We also thought it nice that they listed on the map where the Halloween foods and merchandise could be found. All in all, we really enjoyed experiencing our first Halloween Disneyland style! We're glad the parties aren't identical. Vive les differences!

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    ...All in all, we really enjoyed experiencing our first Halloween Disneyland style! We're glad the parties aren't identical. Vive les differences!
    Totally agree! Why should all Disney events be the same in all parks? Much more fun to have different flavors in different locations. Glad you enjoyed your party! What was the final costume decision? And, most importantly, how was dinner at NR??

Blog Entries

We went to the party on October 11th & had a really good time. We couldn't believe how short the lines were for just about everything. We decided ahead of time that we weren't going to load up on bags and bags and bags of treats & that we'd take the time to enjoy rides instead. I think we did just about everything except for Peter Pan, Snow White, Pinocchio & Jungle Cruise. Indy was our last ride of the night. When we pulled back into the station, the CM asked if we wanted to go again. DD shot up her hand faster than I knew she could move -- and we were off for a second go-around. That was a nice surprise.

I didn't see Werther's, unfortunately. We got a few of those kids Clif bars (which we haven't tried yet), I got a few bags of Apple Crisps & Goldfish Pretzels. YUM. Also got quite a few bags of Craisins. I was slightly bummed that we got no fruit-flavored or sour candies as those tend to be my favorites. Got quite a few Butterfingers, Snickers, Peanut M&Ms (why no plain???), Kit Kats (all claimed by the child), Reeses & Hershey bars.

I really liked the 2013 Halloween t-shirts, but couldn't find one that would fit. One of the CMs said they only went up to XL, which I thought odd -- but I never DID see a 2XL, so maybe he was right. I'm quite bummed that I wasn't able to get that shirt. I did get a bunch of Halloween pins, though.

Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Would rather be looking at the back side of water...
    Everything in life is only for now.
    Nope - it never ends.

Try looking online at Disneystore.com -- look under Park Exclusives. I'm sure I saw the party shirts there earlier (don't know if they're still avalable) and I know the regular Halloween 2013 shirts are still there.

To edit the above: I just checked Disneystore.com -- there is a link under Disney Parks Products for "Halloween." The regular shirts are still there and some things are now on sale.

We were there on the 31st and it was not crowded at all. We walked on almost every ride. The only thing that had lines were some of the treat lines. The one in Frontier land was especially crowded so we just skipped it. Got great spots for the parade and fireworks 15 minutes before they started. It was fantastic. In fact, the kids got so much candy we just went to turn in some to the orthodontist and they got $44 for it all. Crazy!

Wasn't there on Halloween this year, but have been to the party on Halloween many times. It is actually my favorite time to go. Never had it overly crowded and it always seemed a bit more magical. I highly recommend it.

Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

You could be a big pig too!

Oh - this makes me so excited! Thanks Laura and BlkPearlCptn for your input. Between my sister and I, we have 4 kids who will be 11-14 next year, just on the cusp of being "over" Halloween and this trip may be the thing to let the older ones revel in it still! And, of course, I have always wanted to go.

Disneyland trips: '72, '77' 78 '79, '80, '86, '99, '06, '07, '08, '09 , '11, '13, '14, '15 and '16
    WDW solo trips: '13, '14, and '16

"My favorite part of Disneyland is spending time with my family" -- DD, age 10