Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Birthday Room Decorating Disneyland Hotel

Birthday Room Decorating Disneyland Hotel

Just wondering if anyone has paid to have a room decorated to celebrate a birthday. We will be celebrating our daughters 16th birthday at the Disneyland Hotel on Nov. 24. I thought it would be fun to have the room decorated to surprise her. The price seems pretty steep, $200. It would be worth it to me if it is really fabulous...but if most of the $200 is for their time to hang a banner and put up a few balloons, then maybe not. Anyone have experience with this??

2. # ADS

Was mommyTo2Boys

I would love to know exactly what the price includes, too!

Formerly MommyTo2Boys1Girl
    Lori, Mommy to 4 Disney kids, Disneyland fanatic, annual pass holder

This is what the blog on touringplans.com has to say about it:

"Decorate your Room – If you are staying at a Disneyland Hotel, the Dream Makers (they’re very handy those Dream Makers) can have your room decorated for you! They need at least 72-hours notice, and these are not cheap options! They start around $200 and work their way up to $400. The least expensive option includes a personalized package from Mickey, a banner on the wall, and balloons in the room. Mickey even leaves a pre-autographed autograph book! The most expensive option includes not just a personalized package from Mickey, but some from his friends too! How excited would your child be to step into the room and find the whole room decorated?"
    source: http://blog.touringplans.com/2013/02...at-disneyland/

It sounds like most the of price goes towards the gift package, and I believe for those they have several different themes to choose from (princess, pirate, baby, wedding, chocolate, etc), and each set contains some souvenirs that fit the theme (plushes, autograph books and pens, ears, beach towels, candy, etc).

Hopefully someone comes by with some actual experience, though!

I'm sorry that I don't know the price, but my mom surprised me by ordering a Mickey Mouse birthday package for my recent birthday weekend at the Grand Californian. It was pretty elaborate, so let's see if I remember everything:
    A satin banner on the room door, reading "Surprise" on one side and "your pal" on the back
    A large felt banner (like 2 1/2-3 feet long), pennant style
    A 24" plush Mickey-soooooooo soft!
    An "it's my birthday" light-up necklace around Mickey's neck
    A large yellow and red box with a personalized tag from Mickey, filled with yellow, red, and black crinkly paper strips, which held a Hidden Mickeys book, a Sorcerer Mickey light spinner, and a lovely glass picture frame
    A gigantic mylar Mickey balloon that sings "Happy Birthday" when tapped (still afloat 3 weeks later)
    7 latex balloons tied to a big box of jelly beans
    A personalized birthday ear hat
    An autograph book, open to the front page, where Mickey had signed it and personalized it for me
    A large autograph pen
    A small (3"?) Tinker Bell silhouette with a glowing light
    Mickey "footprints" on the floor leading to the box/balloons/stuffed Mickey

I'm 37, and trust me, this was still awesome to receive! The banners were of such nice quality that we actually asked at the front desk if they were meant for us to keep (they were ). The red and yellow box is made of some corrugated material and is super sturdy, so we're thinking it will become a special "birthday box" that we use at everyone's birthday and just keep passing it around the family.

Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

Quote Originally Posted by Janis and Aaron View Post
    I'm sorry that I don't know the price, but my mom surprised me by ordering a Mickey Mouse birthday package for my recent birthday weekend at the Grand Californian. It was pretty elaborate, so let's see if I remember everything:
    A satin banner on the room door, reading "Surprise" on one side and "your pal" on the back
    A large felt banner (like 2 1/2-3 feet long), pennant style
    A 24" plush Mickey-soooooooo soft!
    An "it's my birthday" light-up necklace around Mickey's neck
    A large yellow and red box with a personalized tag from Mickey, filled with yellow, red, and black crinkly paper strips, which held a Hidden Mickeys book, a Sorcerer Mickey light spinner, and a lovely glass picture frame
    A gigantic mylar Mickey balloon that sings "Happy Birthday" when tapped (still afloat 3 weeks later)
    7 latex balloons tied to a big box of jelly beans
    A personalized birthday ear hat
    An autograph book, open to the front page, where Mickey had signed it and personalized it for me
    A large autograph pen
    A small (3"?) Tinker Bell silhouette with a glowing light
    Mickey "footprints" on the floor leading to the box/balloons/stuffed Mickey

I'm 37, and trust me, this was still awesome to receive! The banners were of such nice quality that we actually asked at the front desk if they were meant for us to keep (they were ). The red and yellow box is made of some corrugated material and is super sturdy, so we're thinking it will become a special "birthday box" that we use at everyone's birthday and just keep passing it around the family.
    That sounds amazing, perfect for my daughters 16 birthday. Love the idea of the banner outside the door!! Thanks for posting this, it is so helpful. Now when I call I know what to ask for.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Martini Mom View Post
    That sounds amazing, perfect for my daughters 16 birthday. Love the idea of the banner outside the door!! Thanks for posting this, it is so helpful. Now when I call I know what to ask for.
    Here are some pics we took...

The Celebrate banner on the wondow with the Tink light up:

Steps into the room:

The box full of goodies

Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Here are some pics we took...

The Celebrate banner on the wondow with the Tink light up:

Steps into the room:

The box full of goodies

Great pictures!!! Which package is that?

Yep, that looks like the package I got. Hopefully Malcon10t can help you with the name.

Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

Blog Entries
    Great pictures!!! Which package is that?
    The first picture was fro the Grand Welcome package. The banner that said Happy Birthday on was from the "Mickey's Birthday" package.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Hi. I just came back from Disneyland 3 weeks ago (stayed at the Disneyland Hotel). We celebrated my brother's 25th birthday. I really wanted to do the big birthday suprise package, but it seemed a bit steep for me. I only ordered balloons and brought in my own decorations (Mickey Mouse themed). A family friend kept him busy while we decorated the room (took 15 minutes). I have a great Etsy contact if you are intrested? She provides custom Disney themed decorations. We packed the decorations in our bags, we had streamers, banners, gift bags, gift bag goodies - the works. He loved it and was very touched. We even had confetti poppers! It worked out just as good. Just an alternate idea and cost savings. You can order items ala carte.

Attached Images Attached Images

Just wondering if anyone has paid to have a room decorated to celebrate a birthday. We will be celebrating our daughters 16th birthday at the Disneyland Hotel on Nov. 24. I thought it would be fun to have the room decorated to surprise her. The price seems pretty steep, $200. It would be worth it to me if it is really fabulous...but if most of the $200 is for their time to hang a banner and put up a few balloons, then maybe not. Anyone have experience with this??
    My niece received this $200 packaged for her 5th bday. Was she excited? Yes. Was it worth $200? No.
    Everthing could have been done at a much cheaper price if you bought the items in the park and hit the 99cent store for balloons.
    Why not splurge on a character meal, $200 shopping spree in the park, cool art work for her room, spa day at The Grand....

Hi, we are back from my daughter's 16th birthday trip. I just wanted to let everyone know that I went ahead and booked the birthday package. I think it cost about $220 inc. tax. I am glad that I did. While the price was steep the joy it brought the whole family was worth it. I was totally impressed with the quality of the banners and decorations. The plush Mickey was huge as was the singing balloon. All the other goodies were great and she was thrilled. Overall, the whole birthday experience was amazing!! Disney sure goes the extra mile to make sure your special day is as magical as possible. We will never forget this special trip!!!

Thanks so much for posting the pictures! The pictures really helped me to decide to go ahead and book the package.