Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Clothing for Nov. 22-26

Clothing for Nov. 22-26

So excited...can barely stand it!!! Heading to DL to celebrate my daughters 16 bday this weekend. We are from BC and are wondering what kind of clothing to pack. Days look warm, 19-21C...evenings down to 12C. Doesn't look like there is any rain in the forecast. I am thinking shorts/capris during the day, jeans and hoodies at night. Is there any reason to bring jackets? We plan to be in the parks until closing Sat. Sun and Mon. Thanks for you suggestions.....Lara

2. # ADS

I am from Oregon and your planned attire should be knee length shorts all day long, even into the night. Mornings will be foggy and I found myself wearing a light fleece or thin sweatshirt, something that I could put in my back pack. fog should lift at noon and removal of the upper body wear should be no problem in the heat. But once the sun goes down, it will cool drastically and a thicker sweat shirt will be required. Hats will contain heat and maybe a thin pair of gloves. If you are not wearing gloves or scarves right now in BC ( Oregon is currently at the start of 7 day cold freeze and I don't need gloves in the sun) then no need. I traveled with a DL friend once who hated cold and she found herself wearing the sweatshirt all day, long pants and gloves/coat at night. I have been wearing shorts up to today to prepare for my Disneyland trip in Two weeks and Vegas at Christmas. But the breeze made it chilly so had to put on long pants for the first time. Nice thing about our current cold snap, that when the rain comes back, it should be warm again for shorts.

Thanks, curtsinore! That is really helpful! My husband and I were just in Portland this past weekend (my first time) to see Michael Buble! LOVE Portland. I hope to see more of your state. BEAUTIFUL!

Clothing for Nov. 22-26

My phone shows it's raining now and there is supposed to be rain Fri and Sat. The low is 48F which seems a little chillier than shorts weather. But we're all different.

Think layers, layers, layers! Mornings can be a little chilly, especially before you've warmed up by walking through the parks. Evenings cool off quickly and can be chilly when you're standing still for a long time waiting for a show, parade, or fireworks. WOC gets chilly because of Paradise Bay. You can always bring light jackets and stash them in a locker until needed. Or, as my friends like to do, don't bring a jacket so you can buy a sweatshirt in the parks.

Thanks everyone for the input. We will take some warmer clothing. I have my fingers crossed that it doesn't rain too much...we have enough of that here.

I think you have the right idea for clothing. If it does rain, we've always preferred to take rain ponchos to keep our backsides dry. The rain coats seemed to get us too warm and were too bulky. What tends to make us the most cold is there are occasional breezes that surprise you with the chill.

Another BC family (Okanagan) chiming in... while there in early December 2010 we were totally fine during the day in jeans, t-shirts and hoodies, but at night we were COLD. We had left our jackets at home since there was no rain in the forecast, and no matter how many layers, the hoodies (even polar fleece) just did NOT cut it when we were waiting for fireworks etc. 3 years have passed, I am planning to be more prepared when we go in 2 weeks. We have our spring/fall waterproof jackets that can be worn OVER the hoody without being too bulky. We are also bringing those tiny magic gloves just in case. I'm also bringing along a few "hot pockets" in my backpack... you never know.

Have a great time!

Faith Trust and Pixie Dust!
    Disneyland '85, '90, '00 and DLR '05, '10, '13, '14 and 2017

The forecast I saw a few hours ago says 70% chance of rain on the 22nd and also possible rain on the 23rd. Some areas of the park can be windy, or a better way of saying it is "colder than you'd think." I stock up on cheap gloves from Target, because they're constantly falling out of pockets and they get kind of gross from gripping the handles on rides like Matterhorn anyway. And I usually keep a beanie in my bag. I usually only wear a sweatshirt or hoodie, but my hands and ears tend to get cold in the parks.

Tinker, we tucked the hand warmers under our tushies while sitting on the ground waiting for Fantasmic in December. The bricks are cold and just seep right in.

I agree with Tinker44. From another okanagan girl. We were there at the being of Dec last year and had no rain and similar temps to what Martinimom is expecting. We wore jeans, t-shirts, thin hoodies during the day and layered on spring rain jackets in the evening to block the breeze. I only removed my thin hoodie on one afternoon, every other day I was comfortable with it on. It was chilly in the evenings and I even bought a hat in the park to wear (wool fashion not Mickey ears or a toque) and wore the mini gloves. Everyone is different but we were happy to have layers. Have a fun trip!

At the Uva Bar in Downtown Disney, they bring up little space heaters on top of the bar for patrons. Nothing like sitting there on a cold night, enjoying a tasty beverage while being enveloped in your very own warm cocoon!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Thanks for your input everyone. We are now back from our trip. Layers were the answer for us. Shorts/capris during the day, long pants and hoodies were perfect for evening. The weather turned out to be great!! We had a fabulous trip!

thank you for writing, did you have any rain ??? We are leaving friday and the very cold weather pattern is returning again to Oregon and the US map looked as though temps may drop in Calif again. what was the weather like??