Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: More Mouse: Beyond the Vacation Kingdom of the World: Mary Poppins is Her Name

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

More Mouse: Beyond the Vacation Kingdom of the World: Mary Poppins is Her Name

Beyond the Vacation Kingdom of the World: Mary Poppins is Her Name by Tom Richards

In anticipation of the 50th Anniversary Blue-Ray release of Mary Poppins, Tom Richards reviews a vintage LP featuring music from the legendary film.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Out of this world for Disney DwarfPlanet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I couldn't play an instrument if my life depended on it so I joined chorus since you had to have at least one music class in junior high. This was the early 70's and even after all these years I still remember we had to sing numerous songs from Mary Poppins and The Sound of Music.

"Although we think it's DOPEY that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, which has made some people GRUMPY and others just SLEEPY, we are not BASHFUL in saying we would be HAPPY if Disney's Pluto would join us as an 8th dwarf. We think this is just what the DOC ordered and is nothing to SNEEZE at."

I'm puzzled why they didn't include "I Could Have Danced All Night" or "Wouldn't It Be Loverly" from My Fair Lady. The latter would seem to be especially suited to a chorus type arrangement.

I initially wondered why they also didn't include "Camelot," Julie Andrew's other big album. Then I realized these are from all hit movies around 1964-65. Julie Andrews just happened to be in two of them, and coincidentally the movie version of My Fair Lady also came out at the same time.

This CD is available from Amazon if anyone's interested.

John