Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: cheapest/best transport for 2 from SNA to Disney area hotels?

cheapest/best transport for 2 from SNA to Disney area hotels?

Can anyone recommend a good service which is reasonable from SNA to the Disneyland area? Thanks!

2. # ADS

We fly into LAX but Super Shuttle is not bad

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

cheapest/best transport for 2 from SNA to Disney area hotels?

Personally, I don't find the taxis unreasonably priced from SNA, and you don't have to wait for anyone else or hit other hotels on the way to your hotel.

Cathy

Taxi for the reasons given.

We did the a taxi from SNA last Dec. For the two if us round trip it was about double the price of a shuttle round trip but we felt it was so worth it. I know our flight landed on a Thursday around 11:30 am, we collected our suitcase, got a cab, checked into our hotel, went up and dropped our luggage/freshened up/repacked a backpack for the parks and still were in Disneyland eating lunch by around 12:30 or 1. We would have still been on the shuttle at that time! Our trip back was equally efficient and allowed us most of our departure day in the parks. We've always been shuttle people in the past but I don't think I could go back to one for SNA to DLR.

I've decided on a taxi as well for the above reasons~ only drawback for me is that I need to bring my son's booster seat but it's worth my time! I am hoping to be in Disneyland by lunch too.

Happy boy and Mama~

Thanks guys- how much does a taxi usually run (right by disney)?

They usually flat rate from SNA (Cathy had an experience where they didn't recently) for $45. Meter rate is about $60. varies a bit both up and down depending on traffic.

Ive taken the Super Shuttle numerous times and all but once ended up being the only passenger. The time I wasn't, they let everyone else off at the Grand and I was around the corner. Not bad at all, but if you're in a hurry the taxi might save you 30-45 min for twice the price. I've gone that route too...

Joey

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    They usually flat rate from SNA (Cathy had an experience where they didn't recently) for $45. Meter rate is about $60. varies a bit both up and down depending on traffic.
    So I just ask the taxi guy if he offers a flat rate? And if he says no should I go down the line?
    Happy boy and Mama~

There is usually someone managing the line but yeah I'd ask

Execucar. It is a branch of Super Shuttle, but you reserve private vans that you don't share and they don't drive around and around the airport looking for someone else. I don't remember what it is from SNA, but I just booked with them for us arriving at Long Beach and with the coupon code from the Orange County Visitors Bureau (6UJ5D) it was in the $45 range for 3 of us.

I'm a fan of a Rental Car

Quote Originally Posted by calle View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good service which is reasonable from SNA to the Disneyland area? Thanks!
    I like renting a car on Priceline and usually get one for around $25/day using name-your-price. The cars are on-site and I can usually get out of the airport only a few minutes slower than a cab. Forget about any type of shuttle. Then we hit the grocery store and liquor store before checking in. Self parking at the Grand Californian I think is around $10/day. This also gives us the freedom to drive to Newport Beach for an hour or 2 on the way back to the airport.

Figuring out the mom thing

I'm a fan of talking to the taxi drivers and shuttle drivers in the line. You might find a shuttle that is already going to your hotel area, and you'll have fewer stops and save some money.

I have a question for the opposite situation: What about from the hotel area (Anaheim Plaza) to SNA airport? Time is not really an issue, I can't remember for sure the time of my flight but I think there is at least a good 4 or 5 hours between hotel checkout and when my flight leaves. I won't be doing anything in between, so I don't mind killing time. Money is not a huge issue, but if I can save a little, of course that's great. My biggest concern is that I'll have two large suitcases and if they will be a huge hassle on a shuttle, I'd probably rather take a taxi. I've never taken a shuttle before, so I'm not positive about what goes on on one.