Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: November Trip?

November Trip?

Is November a good time to go to Disneyland?...can anyone tell me some details on going in November?

2. # ADS

Veteren's day can be nuts. That weekend is the start of Christmas time in the parks. Before that you can have parts of Main street setup to film the Christmas day parade. The week of Thanksgiving is typically busy.
    The start of Christmas is usually around the 12th, I haven't seen the official date yet, or if I have it didn't sink in. Overall, November is a good time to go crowd wise,, except Tday weekand Veteran's day. In the first 2 weeks(ish) Small World is usually down for the overlay Install. Space Mountain will go down just after Halloween to take down the Ghost Galaxy overlay. (I think there is a refurb in there somewhere for Space, but I don't remember the date.)
    The week after Tday is a good lower crowd week, with the first weekend in December having Candlelight Processional the weekend tends to be busy.

I think it's the best time to go to Disneyland! You get to see all the Christmas decorations and overlays without the huge crowds. We go every year at this time

I'll be there the week of Veteran's Day. A little worried about that day, but the rest of the Month minus Thanksgiving is great, I hear.

Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, Feb, March, June 2015 (x2), Nov 2015

What is the weather usually like?

It can be very warm in the day time. Also some of the local elementary schools have conference week so the kids get out of school around noon or 1pm, so you might experience a surge in the later afternoon. Overall not a bad time to go. I enjoy seeing the resort in the autumn time.

Quote Originally Posted by josephfive View Post
    It can be very warm in the day time. Also some of the local elementary schools have conference week so the kids get out of school around noon or 1pm, so you might experience a surge in the later afternoon. Overall not a bad time to go. I enjoy seeing the resort in the autumn time.
    josephfive, is this the short Veteran's Day week we're talking about here?

Quote Originally Posted by chrismak View Post
    What is the weather usually like?
    We find the weather to be ideal in November. It can be warm in the afternoons, but it has cooled down considerably compared to summer and I wouldn't describe it as hot. I'd say it's perfect, actually.

It was pleasant during early November last year. It is cool in the evenings and can get very cold by 9 or 10. The only time that we were cold in November was when we watched the 10 o'clock showing of Fantasmic on a Friday. We usuallly go midweek now when the parks close at 8 and don't get the chance to be cold, however (we do keep jackets or sweaters in a locker for the evenings). When we stayed late, I did have to put a jacket, mittens and a wool cap on my daughter. I do remember that it got very cold waiting for Fantasmic.

AccuWeather lists early November temps at mid 70's for a high (75) and low to mid 50's for the low (53-54). Late Nov. is listed as high between 69-72 and lows of 46-49. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Rapunzelthorn; 09-07-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Accidentally double posted and can't find the option to delete.

I have been twice during Thanksgiving and with very early morning visits to DL, 11:00 hop to DCA and leaving DCA around 2:00 and returning at, 6:00 I never found the park to be crowded following a pre written plan for every day of the visit. It was foggy and walking shorts/ sweatshirt cool in the morning, clearing and Oregon warm around 11:00 and then temps dropping fast once the sun goes down, with a bit of fog moisture in the evening. Christmas decor is worth the nov visit and a must for a Disney fan is Christmas fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyette View Post
    josephfive, is this the short Veteran's Day week we're talking about here?
    Yes, that is the week I'm referring too.

Quote Originally Posted by josephfive View Post
    Yes, that is the week I'm referring too.
    Thanks for the heads up. That will explain the uptick in the afternoon & evening, then!

Our last visit to DL was in mid-November, between Veteran's Day and Thanksgiving. We actually had visited in May as well and the weather was actually a lot nicer and warmer in November than it was in May. The nights do cool off, so bring a light jacket. The days were in the high 70's, low 80's. Christmas decorations are up, though it did feel a bit odd to be sitting on Main St watching a Christmas parade in 80 degree weather. Crowds weren't bad, but we did go during the week (Sun-Thu) to avoid the weekend crowds.

I have been on Veteran's Day weekend twice and it has been very crowed. It is fine if you get there at 8 am. You can get all the rides in before it starts to get crowded after 10 am. I always go in September now. However this year I am going to go the first weekend in November. I have been lookin g at the crowd levels on this weekend and they seem to be low. I think due to the fact it is between Halloween and Christmas.

My birthday is on 11/17. I visited the park 3 consecutive years during the week of 11/17. I've made sure not to be in the park during the Christmas parade taping, Veterans Day and Thanksgiving. The crowds are moderate to heavy, depending which day of the week you go, but no where near summer or peak time in December. Overall its a great time to visit. It' fairly warm and comfortable during the day but it does cool down once the sun sets, so pack a warm sweater and socks to keep your toes warm. It's a great time to go - a great Christmas feel. Best of luck.. Happy to share more if interested.

I am thinking of this time too, the week before Veterans Day ( nov 6-9). Is that too busy? Thanks!

No, it should be relatively quiet. You are between Halloween and Christmas time's official start, so you will see new decorations every morning as they put them up. You may have the parade taping to deal with, which I believe really only affects Main Street and the area in front of the castle. Disney never announces it, we usually end up with the dates posted here as many have kids in Dance groups that get included. It's a small world will be down your first 2 days as they will be installing the overlays.

Yes based on our trip last year. My husband, I, brother in law, sister and their girls took our annual trip last October and it was awesome!The weather is much cooler and even though it misted one day, it was fine. We are actually thinking of going in November this year as well. The holiday decor debuts on the 12th this year and it is before the rainy season.