Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Del Sol Inn Anaheim?

Del Sol Inn Anaheim?

Help for a good friend... I need opinions on the Del Sol Inn.

3 adults, 2 teens over Spring BReak... current quoted price $120 Cdn

Now she claims to be reading excellent reviews... I'm seeing reviews that scare me. Anyone with actual experience with this particular hotel?

Thanks in advance!

Tink (happily returning to the Fairfield in just 3 short months)

Faith Trust and Pixie Dust!
    Disneyland '85, '90, '00 and DLR '05, '10, '13, '14 and 2017

2. # ADS

I've stayed there twice and both times it was roach central. The only reason I went back a second time is we were staying with friends and they booked it. Both times roaches were everywhere including on the beds and on us! Never again!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker44 View Post
    Now she claims to be reading excellent reviews... I'm seeing reviews that scare me. Anyone with actual experience with this particular hotel?
    It is one of two hotels in Anaheim (and we've stayed at a LOT of them) we will not return to. DIRTY, DIRTY, DiRTY...
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Figuring out the mom thing

It's been years since I stayed there and vowed never to return. They've remodeled since then. Even so, it would be among my very last choices.

Thank you all for your input.. I have passed the info on to my friend along with several alternative suggestions that have a better track record here on the boards and elsewhere. For me, I'm Fairfield all the way, but it's always good to know the "real-life" experiences of those in the know. I wouldn't trust a review on expedia or anything else over the kid of info I can get here.

<3 Thanks again!

Faith Trust and Pixie Dust!
    Disneyland '85, '90, '00 and DLR '05, '10, '13, '14 and 2017

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

This motel has been asked about before several times on the boards here; personally, I've stayed here at least twice a year over the past 10+ years and have NEVER seen a roach in my room. We've had a few minor issues from time to time but this is still our motel of choice and they even recognize me every time I check in. It's true that they have renovated over the past few years and I've been pleased with the results.

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

I agree with Pammer. Some people will not let go of past experiences and continue to put this property down. Don't get me wrong, i know it's tough to let go of past stays when they are not good. We have stayed here 4 times in the last 6 years and have not had any real problems. Yes there are the "tub drains slow" or" Parking is tight" complaints but these happen from time to time no matter where you stay. They have been making improvments every year and i for one think this property deserves better than the put downs the same people keep giving it form years past. I have stayed at the Candy Cane (much nicer) the Tropicana (not much better) and the Castle (about the same or down a notch). We have never seen a roach or any other bug for that matter and we had 4 rooms for our family last year. We will be staying there again in October.

I for one think this property deserves better.

2019 Trips........ Feb , April, and June

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacandjan View Post
    I agree with Pammer. Some people will not let go of past experiences and continue to put this property down.
    I can understand, but first impressions are major. If your first stay there involved a room with mold, roaches, black socks on your child, and a room that just stunk, when you plan to return to the area, are you going to choose that property or another property where the room was clean, beds were nice, no bugs, socks didn't turn black? I'm not returning. There are plenty of other properties in the area that I have had positive experiences. If someone asks my opinion, the two places I will not stay are going to be Del Sol and Eden Roc. While they are older, and may not have great beds, at least Anaheim Plaza and Anaheim Desert Inn are clean. I won't risk another bad stay. Perhaps if my first visit had been good, I could overlook a bad visit, but when the first visit is filthy, I won't risk spending my money there a second time.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by jacandjan View Post
    I agree with Pammer. Some people will not let go of past experiences and continue to put this property down. r.
    I agree with Mal. This place had their chance...twice. AND it was even worse the second time. I'm not about to risk a third when there are so many other properties that I have stayed at that are CLEAN and comfortable.
    Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

I can totally understand your feeling and i can't say for sure that given the same experience i would not feel the same way. There have however been many people that have said it has greatly improved over the last few years. Perhaps you should give people an idea of how long it has been since your last stay when giving a review. Pammer and my family are recent visitors with good reviews and i have read many other reviews on Tripadvisor as well as some on this forum with positive reviews.

To each their own..........

2019 Trips........ Feb , April, and June