Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: DCA Event [Limited Time Annual Passholder Magic Event]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

DCA Event [Limited Time Annual Passholder Magic Event]

Did anyone get an email about a passholder event at DCA on Sept. 5 and Sept. 19 ? I am curious about this.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyk View Post
    Did anyone get an email about a passholder event at DCA on Sept. 5 and Sept. 19 ? I am curious about this.
    Was it about the Passholder Magic event?

A Limited Time Annual Passholder Magic Event

At this Limited Time Annual Passholder Magic event, Passholders can experience select Disney California Adventure Park attractions, merchandise and dining locations for an additional 3 hours after regular Disney California Adventure Park closing.
    Special Gift
    In celebration of The Little Mermaid Diamond Edition—releasing for the first time on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and HD Digital on October 1, 2013—registered attendees can also get a special gift upon exiting the event (while supplies last).
    Dates

• Thursday, September 5, 2013
    • Thursday, September 19, 2013

Times
    After regular park closing on these days (currently scheduled at 8:00 PM) until 11:00 PM.
    Event Registration and Wristband Distribution

• Registration and wristband distribution for the event will begin at noon on the day of the event near Ticket Booth #4 in the Main Entrance Esplanade at the Disneyland Resort.
    • All participating Annual Passholders must present their active Annual Passport to the event Cast Member to check event availability and to register and receive an event wristband. Photo ID may be required.
    • Registration must be completed in person near Ticket Booth #4 in the Main Entrance Esplanade on the day of the event only; no phone reservations or other registration will be accepted.
    • Registration and distribution of event wristbands will continue while event wristband supplies last.
    • This is an all-ages event. However, all participating Guests ages 3 and older must be valid Annual Passholders on the day of the event. Children under 3 may attend the event as long as there is space available and they receive an event wristband during the registration process.
    • It is recommended that all members of your party register together to help ensure that everyone receives an event wristband.
    • For assistance, you may contact the Annual Passport Member Services team at (714) 781-PASS (7277).

Wristbands

• Once an Annual Passholder has presented a valid Annual Passport and event availability has been confirmed, the Annual Passholder will be registered and will receive an event wristband.
    • Event wristbands are required for admission to the event and wristbands are only valid on the event day.
    • Space is limited and distribution of event wristbands will be subject to availability and capacity.
    • Guests who have received an event wristband may present their valid Disneyland Resort Annual Passport, theme park admission and event wristband to enter the event up until 30 minutes prior to the end of the event. Wristbands will continue to be distributed into the event hours, based on availability.
    • If you wish to exit Disney California Adventure Park throughout the normal operating day or during the special event, you may re-enter, up until 10:30 PM (or 30 minutes prior to the end of the event), with valid hand stamp, theme park admission, event wristband, and valid Disneyland Resort Annual Passport.
    • Valid theme park admission is required.
    • Wristbands may not be sold or transferred for commercial purposes and have no cash value.

Parking

• Parking will be available at any Disneyland Resort theme park parking facility.
    • Mickey & Friends parking trams and Toy Story shuttles will continue to run until 12:30 AM; however, shuttle service to all other Resort parking lots will end at their normally scheduled times following Disneyland Park closing.
    • Standard parking fees apply.

Select Event Attractions
    Currently, the select attractions scheduled to be available for the event include:

• Disney Animation Building
    • Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
    • Red Car Trolley
    • Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    • It's Tough to be a Bug!
    • Princess Dot Puddle Park
    • Francis' Ladybug Boogie
    • Flik's Flyers
    • Heimlich's Chew Chew Train
    • Tuck and Roll's Drive 'Em Buggies
    • Soarin' Over California
    • Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
    • The Bakery Tour
    • Radiator Springs Racers
    • Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
    • Luigi's Flying Tires
    • The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure*
    • California Screamin'*
    • Mickey's Fun Wheel*
    • Goofy's Sky School*
    • Golden Zephyr*
    • Jumpin' Jellyfish*
    • King Triton's Carousel*
    • Toy Story Midway Mania! (closed on Thursday, September 19, 2013 for refurbishment)

*Paradise Pier attractions will be unavailable at the start of event, in preparation for the 8:15 PM performance of World of Color. Paradise Pier attractions will be reopened around 9:00 PM following the conclusion of the show.
    Select Event Dining Locations
    Currently, the select dining locations scheduled to be available for the event include:

• Award Wieners
    • Taste Pilot's Grill
    • Pacific Wharf Caf
    • Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop
    • Pacific Wharf Distribution Co.
    • Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta*
    • Bayside Brews
    • Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Caf
    • Mortimer's Market
    • Fairfax Market
    • Flo's V8 Caf
    • Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill (closes at 9:00 PM)
    • Corn Dog Castle (closes at 9:00 PM)
    • Cove Bar (closes at 9:00 PM)

Select Event Merchandise Locations
    Currently, the select merchandise locations scheduled to be available for the event include:

• Gone Hollywood
    • Off the Page
    • Rushin' River Outfitters
    • Games of the Boardwalk*
    • Sideshow Shirts*
    • Treasures in Paradise
    • Los Feliz Five & Dime
    • Elias & Co.
    • Julius Katz & Sons
    • Big Top Toys
    • Kingswell Camera Shop
    • Atwater Ink & Paint
    • Trolley Treats
    • Fly 'n' Buy
    • Tower Hotel Gifts
    • Oswald's
    • Ramone's House of Body Art
    • Radiator Springs Curios
    • Embarcadero Gifts
    • Sarge's Surplus Hut
    • Midway Mercantile

*Paradise Pier merchandise locations will be unavailable at the start of event, in preparation for the 8:15 PM performance of World of Color. Paradise Pier merchandise locations will be reopened around 9:00 PM following the conclusion of the show.

• Information and event elements, such as applicable days and times of the event, participating locations and attractions and product and service offerings may vary, and are subject to capacity, scheduled park events, change or cancellation without notice and other restrictions. The event does not guarantee access to any attraction or location, and may involve long wait periods.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Yes, we did. It looks like alot of fun. Wish we were going to be there.

Living life to the fullest

http://www.oilyhabit.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Garyk View Post
    Did get.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

No email for me. Not like I can go anyway. Nice to see they are keeping Carsland open for the event.

Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

No email for me... can't go to the first one, but might be able to swing the second one. Maybe I'll wait to decide until I see reports from the first one :-)

None received. Went to one of these in Feb and was so crowded I left early.

"I'm not interested in what you did yesterday, because I'm not going to be there. I know I can do that. It's the next thing that I'm interested in" (Walt Disney)
    "Sometimes it's not to your benefit to mess with things that are above your reach. You don't want to show yourself to be too stupid." (Bob Dylan)

I'd LOVE to go, but we get there on the 8th and leave the morning of the 19th! Too bad it wasn't a day earlier. I did get the email, but didn't register.

We Want More Musicals! Merm8fan's Avatar

To passholder event veterans: We are flying in on the 5th, but won't get to the park until about 1:30pm. It states limited space several times. As registration starts at noon, need we fear getting shut out?

Thursday is a no-school day for the Los Angeles Unified School District. My few moments of considering switching our plan to go to the parks Wednesday to going Thursday and getting wristbands for this are over- I suspect Thursday will not be a week-after-labor-day-uncrowded day at the Disneyland Resort, but perhaps I overestimate the effect of a school holiday for the LAUSD (I don't think Orange County schools, in general, are closed that day).

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seashellmama View Post
    but perhaps I overestimate the effect of a school holiday for the LAUSD
    Maybe not. I remember going one day last year (and I wish I remember when), and the surface street approach to Disneyland was jammed. I made a comment on Twitter about it, and several people replied that it was an LAUSD holiday.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Should I expect the line/wait at ticket booth to be long? Just wondering what is the best way to fit this into our day. Send one person ahead early to get a spot in line and all meet up closer to wristband distribution time? How good would our chances be of getting wristbands if we show up close to 12:00?

Line for DCA limited time passholder magic event

Can anyone recommend a good time to start lining up for the DCA event in September if they are going to start handing wristbands out at 12:00? Obviously I want to get there before all the wristbands are handed out, but I want to spend the least amount of time in line as possible. Thanks!

Anyone go to the event yesterday? How was it?

I went last night with some friends. We didn't check in to get our wristbands until around 7:30pm. There was no wait in the wristband line and that went very smoothly.

Overall, I'd say the crowds in the park were light-moderate. 20 minute wait for ToT, 30 minutes for TSMM, RSR was down when we walked by. No wait for Soarin' at 10:30.

The only complaint I have is that the AC was off in all the rides early in the event. CM at ToT said the AC went off when the park officially closed at 8pm and they had called maintenance to turn it back on. AC was still off in Little Mermaid when we were there around 10, but on in Soarin'.

The 'gifts' get handed out starting at 9:45, so you could not just check in at 8, get your gift and leave. However, the gift was only a Little Mermaid magnet promoting its release on Blu-Ray so I'm not sure you'd be missing much.

It was a fun night - I'd do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by carolyn19 View Post
    I went last night with some friends. We didn't check in to get our wristbands until around 7:30pm. There was no wait in the wristband line and that went very smoothly.

Overall, I'd say the crowds in the park were light-moderate. 20 minute wait for ToT, 30 minutes for TSMM, RSR was down when we walked by. No wait for Soarin' at 10:30.

The only complaint I have is that the AC was off in all the rides early in the event. CM at ToT said the AC went off when the park officially closed at 8pm and they had called maintenance to turn it back on. AC was still off in Little Mermaid when we were there around 10, but on in Soarin'.

The 'gifts' get handed out starting at 9:45, so you could not just check in at 8, get your gift and leave. However, the gift was only a Little Mermaid magnet promoting its release on Blu-Ray so I'm not sure you'd be missing much.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I don't need to worry about waiting in line for wristbands. Since we have a trip booked for the 19th anyway, I am just glad to have extra hours in the park. The gift is just a mini bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by carolyn19 View Post

Must be all the left overs from the Half Marathon that were demagnetizing the B-tags. lol

Did you guys see the next one is Nightmare Before Christmas will be shown in the Muppet 3D Theatre? I don't remember the date, but there were 2 show times.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Did you guys see the next one is Nightmare Before Christmas will be shown in the Muppet 3D Theatre? I don't remember the date, but there were 2 show times.
    Sept 13

Thankyou. Both A and I have reacted to something and I itch from head to toe. Doesn't leave much brain power behind.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Interesting. So they're doing an AP exclusive thing in DCA on the same night they're doing the extra hours at Disneyland for everyone for the kickoff of Halloweentime. I'll be at Disneyland, enjoying pumpkin beignets and villains.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

There were definitely a few hiccups, but they seemed to be handling them fairly well. We didn't make it on any rides, so I hadn't realized about the air conditioning. That's most unfortunate because what we wanted to do most when we arrived was find someplace cool to have dinner. Sadly Carthay Circle was both "at capacity" and closed to new orders by the time we thought to head back there. We had tried Cove Bar, but was told that they closed at 7pm, despite the email saying that they would be open until 9pm. Closing it early did take away the question as to whether we would have to pay a World of Color premium to eat there during show-time. When we walked by Toy Story Mania during World of color, the posted wait time was 25 minutes, but the line looked closer to 15-20.

I found it interesting that as soon as World of Color was over, they sent out an announcement stating that the park had concluded its operating day. I wasn't paying attention if that also went out when the park officially closed and this was just a repeat closing announcement.

They did have a distribution center inside DCA over by the racers for those who are already inside the park with almost no wait for anyone who didn't already have a wristband.

I thought it was just all part of kicking off Halloween season with extra magic since it is Friday the 13th (plus the Limited Time AP Magic "theme" for 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Interesting. So they're doing an AP exclusive thing in DCA on the same night they're doing the extra hours at Disneyland for everyone for the kickoff of Halloweentime. I'll be at Disneyland, enjoying pumpkin beignets and villains.
    Sorry if that was confusing. My last response was to this post (#25)