Did anyone get an email about a passholder event at DCA on Sept. 5 and Sept. 19 ? I am curious about this.
Did anyone get an email about a passholder event at DCA on Sept. 5 and Sept. 19 ? I am curious about this.
Passholder Magic event?A Limited Time Annual Passholder Magic Event
At this Limited Time Annual Passholder Magic event, Passholders can experience select Disney California Adventure Park attractions, merchandise and dining locations for an additional 3 hours after regular Disney California Adventure Park closing.
In celebration of The Little Mermaid Diamond Edition—releasing for the first time on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and HD Digital on October 1, 2013—registered attendees can also get a special gift upon exiting the event (while supplies last).
- Thursday, September 5, 2013
- Thursday, September 19, 2013
After regular park closing on these days (currently scheduled at 8:00 PM) until 11:00 PM.
Event Registration and Wristband Distribution
- Registration and wristband distribution for the event will begin at noon on the day of the event near Ticket Booth #4 in the Main Entrance Esplanade at the Disneyland Resort.
- All participating Annual Passholders must present their active Annual Passport to the event Cast Member to check event availability and to register and receive an event wristband. Photo ID may be required.
- Registration must be completed in person near Ticket Booth #4 in the Main Entrance Esplanade on the day of the event only; no phone reservations or other registration will be accepted.
- Registration and distribution of event wristbands will continue while event wristband supplies last.
- This is an all-ages event. However, all participating Guests ages 3 and older must be valid Annual Passholders on the day of the event. Children under 3 may attend the event as long as there is space available and they receive an event wristband during the registration process.
- It is recommended that all members of your party register together to help ensure that everyone receives an event wristband.
- For assistance, you may contact the Annual Passport Member Services team at (714) 781-PASS (7277).
- Once an Annual Passholder has presented a valid Annual Passport and event availability has been confirmed, the Annual Passholder will be registered and will receive an event wristband.
- Event wristbands are required for admission to the event and wristbands are only valid on the event day.
- Space is limited and distribution of event wristbands will be subject to availability and capacity.
- Guests who have received an event wristband may present their valid Disneyland Resort Annual Passport, theme park admission and event wristband to enter the event up until 30 minutes prior to the end of the event. Wristbands will continue to be distributed into the event hours, based on availability.
- If you wish to exit Disney California Adventure Park throughout the normal operating day or during the special event, you may re-enter, up until 10:30 PM (or 30 minutes prior to the end of the event), with valid hand stamp, theme park admission, event wristband, and valid Disneyland Resort Annual Passport.
- Valid theme park admission is required.
- Wristbands may not be sold or transferred for commercial purposes and have no cash value.
- Parking will be available at any Disneyland Resort theme park parking facility.
- Mickey & Friends parking trams and Toy Story shuttles will continue to run until 12:30 AM; however, shuttle service to all other Resort parking lots will end at their normally scheduled times following Disneyland Park closing.
- Standard parking fees apply.
Select Event Attractions
Currently, the select attractions scheduled to be available for the event include:
- Disney Animation Building
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
- Red Car Trolley
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- It's Tough to be a Bug!
- Princess Dot Puddle Park
- Francis' Ladybug Boogie
- Flik's Flyers
- Heimlich's Chew Chew Train
- Tuck and Roll's Drive 'Em Buggies
- Soarin' Over California
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
- The Bakery Tour
- Radiator Springs Racers
- Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
- Luigi's Flying Tires
- The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure*
- California Screamin'*
- Mickey's Fun Wheel*
- Goofy's Sky School*
- Golden Zephyr*
- Jumpin' Jellyfish*
- King Triton's Carousel*
- Toy Story Midway Mania! (closed on Thursday, September 19, 2013 for refurbishment)
*Paradise Pier attractions will be unavailable at the start of event, in preparation for the 8:15 PM performance of World of Color. Paradise Pier attractions will be reopened around 9:00 PM following the conclusion of the show.
Select Event Dining Locations
Currently, the select dining locations scheduled to be available for the event include:
- Award Wieners
- Taste Pilot's Grill
- Pacific Wharf Caf
- Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop
- Pacific Wharf Distribution Co.
- Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta*
- Bayside Brews
- Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Caf
- Mortimer's Market
- Fairfax Market
- Flo's V8 Caf
- Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill (closes at 9:00 PM)
- Corn Dog Castle (closes at 9:00 PM)
- Cove Bar (closes at 9:00 PM)
Select Event Merchandise Locations
Currently, the select merchandise locations scheduled to be available for the event include:
- Gone Hollywood
- Off the Page
- Rushin' River Outfitters
- Games of the Boardwalk*
- Sideshow Shirts*
- Treasures in Paradise
- Los Feliz Five & Dime
- Elias & Co.
- Julius Katz & Sons
- Big Top Toys
- Kingswell Camera Shop
- Atwater Ink & Paint
- Trolley Treats
- Fly 'n' Buy
- Tower Hotel Gifts
- Ramone's House of Body Art
- Radiator Springs Curios
- Embarcadero Gifts
- Sarge's Surplus Hut
- Midway Mercantile
*Paradise Pier merchandise locations will be unavailable at the start of event, in preparation for the 8:15 PM performance of World of Color. Paradise Pier merchandise locations will be reopened around 9:00 PM following the conclusion of the show.
- Information and event elements, such as applicable days and times of the event, participating locations and attractions and product and service offerings may vary, and are subject to capacity, scheduled park events, change or cancellation without notice and other restrictions. The event does not guarantee access to any attraction or location, and may involve long wait periods.
Yes, we did. It looks like alot of fun. Wish we were going to be there.
Forget Cruises, Forget Camping, Give Me Disneyland! Acts 4:12
No email for me. Not like I can go anyway. Nice to see they are keeping Carsland open for the event.
Have a Disney Day!
You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.
No email for me... can't go to the first one, but might be able to swing the second one. Maybe I'll wait to decide until I see reports from the first one :-)
None received. Went to one of these in Feb and was so crowded I left early.
"I'm not interested in what you did yesterday, because I'm not going to be there. I know I can do that. It's the next thing that I'm interested in" (Walt Disney)
"Sometimes it's not to your benefit to mess with things that are above your reach. You don't want to show yourself to be too stupid." (Bob Dylan)
I'd LOVE to go, but we get there on the 8th and leave the morning of the 19th! Too bad it wasn't a day earlier. I did get the email, but didn't register.
I understood that APs could register at ticket booth #4 starting at noon on the day of the event. Oh, and no email for us either. We'll try to hit one or the other, not sure which one.
I got the email (and live in the Los Angeles area), but already have plans to go on the 6th (MouseAdventure practice with my team) and 13th (for the special event). Adding the Thursdays would be admittedly overboard.
2014: Avengers 5k
2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half?
MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"
The email that I received said that I couldn't register until the day of the event. It appears that not all AP holders received the email.
Thanks for the feedback.
You're right. I didn't read too carefully since I knew I couldn't go. :-)
To passholder event veterans: We are flying in on the 5th, but won't get to the park until about 1:30pm. It states limited space several times. As registration starts at noon, need we fear getting shut out?
Thursday is a no-school day for the Los Angeles Unified School District. My few moments of considering switching our plan to go to the parks Wednesday to going Thursday and getting wristbands for this are over- I suspect Thursday will not be a week-after-labor-day-uncrowded day at the Disneyland Resort, but perhaps I overestimate the effect of a school holiday for the LAUSD (I don't think Orange County schools, in general, are closed that day).
Should I expect the line/wait at ticket booth to be long? Just wondering what is the best way to fit this into our day. Send one person ahead early to get a spot in line and all meet up closer to wristband distribution time? How good would our chances be of getting wristbands if we show up close to 12:00?
Can anyone recommend a good time to start lining up for the DCA event in September if they are going to start handing wristbands out at 12:00? Obviously I want to get there before all the wristbands are handed out, but I want to spend the least amount of time in line as possible. Thanks!
Anyone go to the event yesterday? How was it?
I went last night with some friends. We didn't check in to get our wristbands until around 7:30pm. There was no wait in the wristband line and that went very smoothly.
Overall, I'd say the crowds in the park were light-moderate. 20 minute wait for ToT, 30 minutes for TSMM, RSR was down when we walked by. No wait for Soarin' at 10:30.
The only complaint I have is that the AC was off in all the rides early in the event. CM at ToT said the AC went off when the park officially closed at 8pm and they had called maintenance to turn it back on. AC was still off in Little Mermaid when we were there around 10, but on in Soarin'.
The 'gifts' get handed out starting at 9:45, so you could not just check in at 8, get your gift and leave. However, the gift was only a Little Mermaid magnet promoting its release on Blu-Ray so I'm not sure you'd be missing much.
It was a fun night - I'd do it again.
Did you guys see the next one is Nightmare Before Christmas will be shown in the Muppet 3D Theatre? I don't remember the date, but there were 2 show times.
Thankyou. Both A and I have reacted to something and I itch from head to toe. Doesn't leave much brain power behind.
Interesting. So they're doing an AP exclusive thing in DCA on the same night they're doing the extra hours at Disneyland for everyone for the kickoff of Halloweentime. I'll be at Disneyland, enjoying pumpkin beignets and villains.
The distance to the end of the rope is getting shorter and shorter.
Sometimes, "be the better person" is code for "be a doormat".
"Would it help?"