Quantcast Disneyland Resort [RSVPs closed; event full] Disneyland Half Marathon Meetup – Friday, August 30
  Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World | User Reviews | Travel

Thread: [RSVPs closed; event full] Disneyland Half Marathon Meetup – Friday, August 30

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePad Community Leader
    Blog Entries

[RSVPs closed; event full] Disneyland Half Marathon Meetup – Friday, August 30

You are invited to join us for the Team MousePlanet Disneyland Half Marathon Meetup on Friday, August 30.

We will be meeting at the Cantina at Tortilla Jo's in Downtown Disney (the outdoor seating area) at 1:00 p.m.. This is a reservation, not an open house, so an RSVP either here OR on our Facebook event page is required so we can give an accurate head count to the restaurant.

Stop by and meet some of your fellow Team MousePlanet runners and walkers before the start of the half marathon weekend events. We'll have poster board so you can make your own race poster, which we'll display at the Team MousePlanet CHEER Station along the half marathon course. We'll also make signs for MousePlanet readers who requested a personalized sign.

Soft drinks and chips and salsa are on Team MousePlanet; any other food or beverage must be paid for on your own (sorry, no free margaritas!). The restaurant has a "one check" policy for groups our size, so please bring cash to cover any food or adult beverages you order.

If you would like to order Team MousePlanet gear to pick up at our Meetup, you can place your order online, and select "will call" shipping when you check out. We'll have your order ready for you at the Meetup. We *can not* sell merchandise at the Meetup due to Disney policies, (only deliver pre-paid orders) so please order ahead!

See you soon!

Last edited by AVP; 08-22-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

Owner:
    MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe
    Interested in personalized, licensed Disney invitations and social stationery? Click me!

2. # ADS

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Adrienne, please correct the URL for the shirt ordering page. It currently resolves to a "page not found."

It currently says:

Code:
    http://http//www.mouseshoppe.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?&Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=M&Category_Code=MA
    It needs to say:

Code:
    http://www.mouseshoppe.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?&Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=M&Category_Code=MA
    Thanks!
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ Web site! Go Team MousePlanet! Dream goal: To qualify for the Boston Marathon. Successfully reached my 2013 goal to do all runDisney half-marathons! Oakland Marathon ('14: 4:21:09); IMS Arizona Marathon ('14: 4:22:02; 2nd in age group); Inaugural 2014 WDW Dopey Challenge; Wine & Dine ('13-1:53:07 5th in age group); Nike Women's Half SF ('13-1:58:04); Santa Barbara Wine Country Half ('13-1:57:26); Summer Breeze Half ('13-1:50:54 current PR); Princess 1/2 ('13-2:14:12); Tinker Bell 1/2 ('13-2:08:16); Disneyland 1/2 ('13-1:55:04; '12-2:55:08; '11-3:39:02; '06-3:39:32), WDW 1/2 ('13-2:09:52; '12-3:46:09; '06-3:08:12; '05-2:21:05; '04), Big Sur 1/2 ('12-2:26:18; '04-2:11:21); WDW Marathon ('03); Honolulu Marathon ('92, '81). Half Fanatics (#3868) & Marathon Maniacs (#8951) Double Agent!

I want to go!! Count me for one (if there's space left).

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by codewoman View Post
    I want to go!! Count me for one (if there's space left).
    SO glad I get to see you this weekend.
    ISO: A photo of a bridge at a fair.
    Parenting in the Parks
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.
    A birth certificate shows you were born. A death certificate shows you died. A photo album shows that you lived!

Super pumped. United let me change my flight so I can be at the meetup. There will be two of us. I can't wait to meet everybody!

Ok, I signed up for one on the Facebook page--but it used the DH's Facebook account. Please disregard Cris Duncan. Instead it's going to be Deanna Duncan & Wendy Steele. Thanks!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

This event is FULL, and at the risk of angering the Tortilla Jo's management, I regretfully am closing RSVPs. If you have not already RSVPd, we will not be able to seat you. Hopefully we can find a bigger venue next year, and we hope to see you on the race course!

AVP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

Owner:
    MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe
    Interested in personalized, licensed Disney invitations and social stationery? Click me!

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    This event is FULL, and at the risk of angering the Tortilla Jo's management, I regretfully am closing RSVPs. If you have not already RSVPd, we will not be able to seat you. Hopefully we can find a bigger venue next year, and we hope to see you on the race course!

AVP
    So exciting!!!
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ Web site! Go Team MousePlanet! Dream goal: To qualify for the Boston Marathon. Successfully reached my 2013 goal to do all runDisney half-marathons! Oakland Marathon ('14: 4:21:09); IMS Arizona Marathon ('14: 4:22:02; 2nd in age group); Inaugural 2014 WDW Dopey Challenge; Wine & Dine ('13-1:53:07 5th in age group); Nike Women's Half SF ('13-1:58:04); Santa Barbara Wine Country Half ('13-1:57:26); Summer Breeze Half ('13-1:50:54 current PR); Princess 1/2 ('13-2:14:12); Tinker Bell 1/2 ('13-2:08:16); Disneyland 1/2 ('13-1:55:04; '12-2:55:08; '11-3:39:02; '06-3:39:32), WDW 1/2 ('13-2:09:52; '12-3:46:09; '06-3:08:12; '05-2:21:05; '04), Big Sur 1/2 ('12-2:26:18; '04-2:11:21); WDW Marathon ('03); Honolulu Marathon ('92, '81). Half Fanatics (#3868) & Marathon Maniacs (#8951) Double Agent!