Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: What are the differences between Minnie's breakfast and Goofy's?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What are the differences between Minnie's breakfast and Goofy's?

Hi All,

I have always been a Goofy's Kitchen loyal, but my friend just got back and she told me that she preferred Minnie's breakfast at the Plaza Inn. She said the food was exactly the same (omelette bar, PBJ pizza, etc.) but that the characters were better. Can anybody confirm or deny that the menu is the same? TIA!

Minnies is breakfast foods, while Goofy's is has both breakfast and lunch items.

Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dear and Darling View Post
    Hi All,

I have always been a Goofy's Kitchen loyal, but my friend just got back and she told me that she preferred Minnie's breakfast at the Plaza Inn. She said the food was exactly the same (omelette bar, PBJ pizza, etc.) but that the characters were better. Can anybody confirm or deny that the menu is the same? TIA!
    I would say it is similar, but not the same. No chicken nuggets/salads etc... *I* don't like it as well. I have not have positive character interaction. Out of 3 trips, I have had 1 that was almost like Goofy's, but 2 that were very poor. We had problems with no one coming to take dirty plates on 2 trips. We had issues with no photopass photogs on all 3 trips. At Goofy's, where someone brings drinks and refills drinks, you refill your own. If you get put outside, take 2 drinks with you!

We keep trying Minnie's hoping it will be like so many here rave about....
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Thank you, ladies! I think I will stick with Goofy's!

I don't think I have ever seen PB&J pizza. We love Minnie's. I have given the kids the choice of the others but they love eatting breakfast in the park. We have been sat outside all 3 times. Filling our own drinks doesn't bother us, but we have had them filled occasionally. No photopass photographer except the picture with Minnie on the way in.
    Chip came back to our table multiple times to visit A. Her love of Chip came from our first time eatting at Minnie's. He protected her from Captain Hook. The only character we have had to ask for has been Alice. She is very popular and she and Hatter can get chatty and take forever to make their way around. But they weren't busy and just let us hang out until they were able to make their way around.

We love both but have only done Minnie's once. It seemed to us that Minnies had more characters and several less "popular" characters. We had great interaction with both Fairy Godmother and Max - we thought that was pretty cool.

Heading to DLR July '15!

We just did Minnie and Friends Breakfast in June. It was wonderful for my husband and I. Service was great. No problems. Lots of characters came by. Food was got and quite tasty. I am gluten free and the chef made me some yummy items. In fact, I am making reservations for our December trip with our kids. They will really enjoy it.

Living life to the fullest

http://www.oilyhabit.com/

The different characters are tempting, but we really like the breakfast/lunch menu at Goofy's. We try to go around 11am, and then we get breakfast and lunch all in one swoop. Thanks for the info everyone!

Blog Entries

The first time we went, we got Eeyore and Hook. The next trip, (last Sept Marathon) we got about 7 characters, various ones including Hook, Pooh, Daisy, Minnie, and Max. The third trip we got Pooh, Minnie and Tigger.

We also like the brunch options, like teh carving stations, nuggets for the young at heart, hot dogs, PBJ pizza, salads, and various desserts, many of which are not at Minnie's. Most people really like Minnie's, I just haven't had the same luck there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dear and Darling View Post
    The different characters are tempting, but we really like the breakfast/lunch menu at Goofy's. We try to go around 11am, and then we get breakfast and lunch all in one swoop. Thanks for the info everyone!
    That's what we normally do too.

I really wish I could get Goof Cake a la carte. Don't know why I like it so much, but sometimes I just really want a slice of Goof Cake.

Hi there. I've done both - I personally like Minnie�s Character Breakfast at Plaza Inn in Disneyland. If staying at the DLand hotel, Goofy�s kitchen is practical but for the price of the meal I rather do the Minnie�s Character Breakfast. Breakfast is similar in both locations; the difference is Plaza Inn is more of a �self-sever� type of atmosphere and Plaza Inn doesn�t include lunch selections. I haven�t had the best service or character experience at Goofy�s Kitchen.

I've just done both last week.

I was quite disappointed with Plaza Inn, I think we were there about 1.5 hours, and the majority of characters stayed inside for the majority of time. We were seated outside and it took a LONG time for any of them to come out, let alone any variety. I asked the character handler and I was 'managed' and told the only guarantee is to see Minnie, if you see anyone else, that's luck. I protested there were about 4 characters inside v's only 2 outside and the rotation had been slow, but was pretty much told tough luck.
    Considering you're not meant/allowed to approach characters at these dining events as we finished our meal and it was a bit slow, we ended up going inside and grabbing a table near where a couple of characters were, so we were technically seated, and we were able to meet a few more.

Goofy's on the otherhand, had a wider menu choice, (Plaza Inn doesn't have the variety) and the characters were fairly good at rotating. Not only that, I was keen to meet Rafiki. I asked the waitress if he was coming back out as he'd disappeared, she asked the character handler, and she came back to let us know he was having a little break, but would come back and would start with us. Much more impressed with this level of service and accommodation (though that being said Rafiki hadn't been on our side of the restaurant at all, so it wasn't just 'us', but we were handled in a much nicer way than at Plaza Inn).

Both were good for meeting a variety of characters, but if someone had to pick one, I would recommend Goofy's kitchen for the selection, and if you end up at Plaza Inn, ask to be seated inside!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick25 View Post
    I've just done both last week.
    Your experience replicated mine. And the 2 times we had issues, we were seated outside. We did have a positive experience when seated inside.

They are both awesome. Having said that, I have always thought that Goofys Kitchen has a MUCH, MUCH better selection of food/desserts. The Hotels in general usually have better food than the Parks. As far as the characters though, I have noticed there are MORE characters at Plaza Inn. Goofys has 5/6, but I counted upwards toward 10 at Plaza one time. No guarantee of course. You could always call ahead and ask. But for sure, you should try Plaza Inn.