Earlier this year I read an article Runner's World talking about the Boston Marathon, and the personalized signs the women of Wellesley College make for anyone who asks for one. (I can't find the article online from Runner's World, but found this article that also talks about it).

I absolutely loved this idea, and thought it would be a blast to do something like this for the Disneyland Half Marathon. Team MousePlanet has a great CHEER station set up around the halfway point of the course, and I think this would be a great motivator to send our runners and walkers into the final half of the race.

We have the posters. We have the markers. We have the willing volunteers, who we are bribing with cokes, chips and salsa to make the posters. Now we just need your sign requests.

If you would like your very own personalized race sign, please reply to this thread with your name, hometown, favorite (clean) inspirational phrase, whatever. We'll do our best to make something colorful and clever for you, and you can look forward to seeing your sign somewhere between mile 6 and 7. There's no charge - just tell us what you want your sign to say!

Ready? Set? TYPE!