Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Reservations for California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort Open August 26

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Reservations for California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort Open August 26

The re-imagined California Grill at Disneys Contemporary Resort debuts September 9, with reservations open starting August 26.

A major makeover transforms the restaurant a sleek, contemporary interpretation of mid-century modern California design, with warm oranges and yellow hues reminiscent of the 1950s. You may not recognize the dining room, but those spectacular views of Walt Disney World Resort are still part of the show.
    The new menu features seasonal ingredients and a lighter touch the popular flatbreads are back, but Chef Brian Piasecki is also using the wood-burning oven for creations such as baked local prawns with charred lemon and savory meatballs with herbed orzo. Look for updates to longtime favorites, such as the Grilled Pork Tenderloin, which is now the Pork Two Ways – grilled tenderloin and lacquered pork belly with goat cheese polenta and mushrooms. The oak-fired filet of beef returns with heirloom tomato risotto, marinated baby vine tomatoes and basil.

The sushi bar expands with a new omakase menu 12 courses of pristine seafood with no menu, just chefs choice. The menu might include ama ebi (sweet shrimp) tempura, lobster sashimi, crunchy Japanese bone marrow with sesame beef tartare and red onion marmalade, and spicy-crusted oysters.
    With 250 choices on the wine list, there are 80 by the glass, plus 10 varieties of sake and eight kinds of crafts beers and ciders. Also, California Grill has its own list of signature cocktails you wont find in any other Walt Disney World Resort restaurants.

Little Disney touches like a carpet design inspired by the sketches of artist and Disney Legend Mary Blair will please Disney fans (reproductions of her artwork are on display too). And just off the elevator is a new show-stopping wine display, a work of art housing 1,600 bottles. We expect the two new communal tables for 10 will be prime seating, positioned at the north end of the dining room for optimal fireworks viewing. For outdoor fireworks viewing there are now two areas one on the northwest side, another new deck on the southwest side.
    The restaurant opens daily at 5 p.m. For reservations, visit www.disneyworld.com/dine or call 407-WDW-DINE (3463).

For more about the re-imagined California Grill, check out these posts:

Reservations for California Grill at Disneys Contemporary Resort Open August 26 by Pam Brandon: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog

More...
    Disney news, columns, articles, park guides, travel planning, discounts... it's all at MousePlanet

Get instant MousePlanet updates on Twitter!

2. # ADS

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Can't wait!

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Reservations for California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort Open August 26

Omakase menu sounds awesome!

Does anyone have the official times that the phone lines and/or online system allow booking on that morning? I wanna be first in line!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

I love gastronomy as much as the next gal, but can SOMEONE explain foam to me? WHY does that look appetizing on top of those scallops????

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Does anyone have the official times that the phone lines and/or online system allow booking on that morning? I wanna be first in line!
    I'd love to know that as well.

Loving my sweet pea.

Online officially opens at 6am Eastern, phone lines open at 7am. Good luck everyone!

It's 6:15 am eastern and I was just able to get a reservation online for Sept 21! I asked for an 8:00pm reservation for a party of 2, and was given options for 7:35 or 8:50, so I guess things are already booking up pretty quickly.

Tony S.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

url=http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/][/url]

That's good news, Tony! It paid to get up early! I just got mine for December 5. I wanted to see the fireworks show (Christmas) at 9:30. They had tables available for 7:45 and 8:55 so I booked both until I could think which is better. Any thoughts?

Also found an opening at Be Our Guest on Saturday, Dec. 7 at 8:40.

I feel very lucky today!

[
    Followed by Mother/Daughter trip: POP Century - May 13-18

Blog Entries

I was able to get my reservations for my January trip for Marathon Weekend! I'm very excited!

Quote Originally Posted by nikkithepooh View Post
    They had tables available for 7:45 and 8:55 so I booked both until I could think which is better. Any thoughts?
    I do know from past experience that the servers at the CG are really good at accommodating the fireworks schedule. They'll be happy to serve you your appetizer and then hold your entree till the show is done. With that said I'd keep the 8:55, get a glass of wine and maybe some type of appetizer that can sit for a few minutes, get up and enjoy the fireworks, and then come back in for the main meal. My rez is early enough to where I can enjoy a nice meal and then head outside just as it's finished, perhaps with a final glass of wine in hand, for the fireworks show. Should be fun!
    - James Taylor

Loving my sweet pea.

If I were choosing I'd do the 7:45 if you are panning a an app., entre , and dessert. I like bittering the fireworks right before dessert, such a magical ending for a magical meal!

Loving my sweet pea.

”bittering” should have been ”enjoying,” oops!

Thanks for your suggestions. Decided (with help from my dining partner) to go with the earlier ressie and enjoy a leisurely dinner then watch fireworks. Besides, she told me I would have to feed her twice if we waited until 9:00 to be seated!

[
    Followed by Mother/Daughter trip: POP Century - May 13-18

I was so happy to get this reservation....my wife and I were there last year on an adults only trip to celebrate our anniversary. We had reservations on our anniversary that we had to cancel because of hurricane Sandy. We ended up needing to cut our trip short to get home before the storm. When we started planning this trip I wanted us to have our dinner, but of course the refurbishment was going on. I've been calling every day for months to make sure we were able to have our "anniversary" dinner!

Tony S.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

url=http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethemouse View Post
    I've been calling every day for months to make sure we were able to have our "anniversary" dinner!
    I've been doing the same thing for the past 4 months - logging in to the Disney website at least once a day and sometimes twice. Now that Mary did the booking for me it kinda took all the fun of the victory out of it (just kidding, Mary - I'd much rather have you get up way early in the morning instead of me!).
    - James Taylor

We'll be going in September. Will be interesting to try the new items.