Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Pirate League~ worth it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pirate League~ worth it?

Good morning! Phase 38, 978 of my planning. Is the Pirate League worth doing for my 5 year old son? I didn't see a previous thread about it but if there is one can someone direct me to it? Thank you!!!

Happy boy and Mama~

They had Pirates' League at Disneyland last year for Halloween. I took my husband on a surprise trip and booked him a slot at the Pirates' League and it was his favorite part of the whole weekend! I think a five year old would enjoy it a lot, too, if they have it there again when you're there, but to the best of my knowledge, it's only an all the time thing at Disney World.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRedhead View Post
    They had Pirates' League at Disneyland last year for Halloween. I took my husband on a surprise trip and booked him a slot at the Pirates' League and it was his favorite part of the whole weekend! I think a five year old would enjoy it a lot, too, if they have it there again when you're there, but to the best of my knowledge, it's only an all the time thing at Disney World.
    I remember seeing that they're bringing it back to DL.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    I remember seeing that they're bringing it back to DL.
    Awesome!!

I believe it is coming back as a Halloween time offering, but this year it is at the Big Thunder area, so the website indicated it was subject to cancellation due to weather. I really want to sign my son up for it, as I think he would enjoy it more than just getting a sword, shield, and hair gel at BBB, but I'm a little concerned that if it is a rainy/miserable day my daughter will get her makeover and he will not.

i really wish they would find it a forever home

I saw it, too, 3p1p.

Did it last year with my almost 4 year old son we did the whole coustum package he still talks about it and will still put on parts of the coustum and yell arghh im dog burnsteal (the pirate name he got there) and the pirate otah with his pirate name on it we had framed and made a great keep sake ill try to find a pic of him and post it.

Here is one of him and my little girl After BBB

Attached Images Attached Images

And here he is just about done.

Attached Images Attached Images

THAT'S AWESOME ALB2277~ thank you! They are bringing it back to DL~ you can start making reservations for it 8/20.

Happy boy and Mama~

My now 11 year old did it last year and loved it! I would imagine that it would be even better a little younger. He was really bummed he was too big for the full costume, but my wallet breathed a huge sign of relief

The make-up is done very, very well. They get to choose from several different pirate looks. The cast members seem to enjoy the one-on-one interaction and slower pace. Don't forget to come back and post a pic!

DL ~ June 1981 ~ March 2000 ~ Oct/Nov 2001 ~ March 2006 ~ Oct/Nov 2007 ~ March 2009 ~ Sept 2010 ~ March 2011 ~ Sept 2011 ~ Sept 2012 ~ Sept 2013 ~ Sept 2015 ~ Aug/Sept 2016
    WDW ~ March 2005 ~ Sept 2009 ~ Aug//Sept 2014
    DVC MEMBER since March 2011
    Next trip: WDW August 20-Sept 4