Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Korkis Korner: Splash Mountain Double Anniversary

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Korkis Korner: Splash Mountain Double Anniversary

Splash Mountain Double Anniversary by Jim Korkis

Jim takes a look at story behind Splash Mountain as we celebrate its anniversary

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Very interesting - thanks for posting!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Love this. One of my favorites, not necessarily ther getting wet part , but the story and "show."

Yes very interesting. After reading how the engineers played with the water levels made me think of a question I always had. I seems that on really warm days people get very wet on the ride, however if the weather is cooler, people come off with just a few drops. I know that during the day I have ridden the ride and everyone got wet. Then late at night the same day I have ridden it and no one got wet. Do they adjust the water levels or make other changes to allow for more splash or less splash?

Quote Originally Posted by jmorgan View Post
    Yes very interesting. After reading how the engineers played with the water levels made me think of a question I always had. I seems that on really warm days people get very wet on the ride, however if the weather is cooler, people come off with just a few drops. I know that during the day I have ridden the ride and everyone got wet. Then late at night the same day I have ridden it and no one got wet. Do they adjust the water levels or make other changes to allow for more splash or less splash?
    Very interesting question. It's (I think?) understood that the seating arrangement can have effect. As a relatively heavy (~ 230-250 lb) guy, I know I got the most wet when I was in the front seat of a log one time.

I wonder if there is residual effect of how the water is sloshing around from the previous log that can come into play. I would think it's not a big factor, but I also never took a fluid dynamics class in school. So if a log full of people my size was in a log would it doom the log full of smaller 8 year olds in a log behind us to a relative drenching?
    -Dave

Raising or lowering the water level in the final drop pool makes sense, however for some reason I was under the impression that the actual platform/track at the bottom of the big drop can raise/lower a few inches. Not sure when or where I heard that.

------------------------------------------
    The Entrapment: A thrilling, escape room experience
    http://www.theentrapment.com