Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: More Mouse: My Disney Top 5 - Walt Disney World Attractions I Never Experienced

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

More Mouse: My Disney Top 5 - Walt Disney World Attractions I Never Experienced

My Disney Top 5 - Walt Disney World Attractions I Never Experienced by Chris Barry

Chris Barry takes a look at some of the things he missed along the way at Walt Disney World.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Having gone to Disney World every year since 1973, I always regretted not riding the Swan Boats that floated in front of the Castle.
    Probably not so much for the ride as the fact of an attraction not tried.

Nice article, Dave. Dreamfinder and the expanded Image Works are dearly missed. I'm a bit fuzzy on timeframes but I'm betting you missed Food Rocks at The Land, and World of Motion at EPCOT as well.

My kiddoes once met Dreamfinder and Figment in Epcot, and Figment spent an inordinate amount of time searching in their hair for "English fleas!"

I do miss Horizons, and the Image Works zones, they were both so much fun ....... (I don't miss Body Wars though - ugh!)

Silvercat

(Enjoy reading trip reports? Why not try my books, "Tiggerific Travels" - all 4 books available now as e-books)

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

More Mouse: My Disney Top 5 - Walt Disney World Attractions I Never Experienced

But Chris, Horizons WAS interactive: you got to choose your ending!!

Silvercat, I don't miss Body Wars, but I do miss Cranium Command. It became a bit dated to the younger set when they finally closed it permanently (how many younger people actually understood the background of Hans and Frans and why them being the heart was just brilliant) but I was so grateful I had one last chance to see it during its last 'seasonal' opening.

I'm sad I never got to experience Adventurers Club. The last trip before it closed my sister and I went to visit, but it was closed for a private event and we decided not to kill the hours in DTD until it opened to the general public, because 'We'll just go next time'. Famous last words.

(But we did make a special trip, in July, to spend a long weekend saying 'goodbye' to Millionaire!)

Cathy

I'm lucky enough to have seen everything you listed, though I gotta say on a couple of 'em you really didn't miss much. =)

My #1 missed attraction is one I'm too young to have ever seen: the Mickey Mouse Revue.

Powers &8^]

Never experienced Timekeeper or Alien Encounter. I really miss the Plaza Swan Boats. The parks need more of these low-key type of attractions suitable for any age. Don't get me wrong, I love the thrill rides, but the parks could use more attractions where one can just relax and enjoy the beauty and magic around you.

John

I'm so sad for you, Chris! Horizons and 20,000 Leagues were two of my three all-time favorite rides, along with the Skyway. I credit 20,000 Leagues for my eventual career in life sciences, but that's another story.

--jenny

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMickey View Post
    Having gone to Disney World every year since 1973, I always regretted not riding the Swan Boats that floated in front of the Castle.
    Probably not so much for the ride as the fact of an attraction not tried.
    The Swan Boats are also on my list. I like the idea of seeing the Magic Kingdom from a slightly different perspective.

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer100 View Post
    Nice article, Dave. Dreamfinder and the expanded Image Works are dearly missed. I'm a bit fuzzy on timeframes but I'm betting you missed Food Rocks at The Land, and World of Motion at EPCOT as well.
    We definitely missed World of Motion. Food Rocks was up and running, but didn't strike my young daughter's interest, so we passed it up and then it was gone. And no offense but its Chris not Dave!

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
    My kiddoes once met Dreamfinder and Figment in Epcot, and Figment spent an inordinate amount of time searching in their hair for "English fleas!"

I do miss Horizons, and the Image Works zones, they were both so much fun ....... (I don't miss Body Wars though - ugh!)
    We really miss meeting Figment. He never had a line and was always extra fun with the kids.

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    I'm lucky enough to have seen everything you listed, though I gotta say on a couple of 'em you really didn't miss much. =)

My #1 missed attraction is one I'm too young to have ever seen: the Mickey Mouse Revue.

Powers &8^]
    Yes the Mickey Mouse Revue is up there for me too. And now it's gone from Tokyo as well. Oh we'll.

I started visiting WDW in 1979, and was lucky enough to be in E.P.C.O.T. the week that it opened. I never made it to River Country, but then I'm not really one for the big water parks. But the two attractions that immediately came to mind were the Swan Boats and the DAK River Cruise (whatever it was called). I know that neither of these rides were show stoppers, but I wanted to ride 'em just once anyway.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

20,000 Leagues was my favorite! There was nothing like it anywhere. Still sad to this day that it's gone and can't experience it with my kids! Horizons was very cool and miss it too. River Country was my first experience at a Water Park and loved it. It really felt like a Country Swimming hole! While TL and BB are spectacular! There shoud be room for 3. And don't miss Body Wars! Made me sick. Star Tours doesn't nor does anything else like it.

Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris