Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So who is signed up for the 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler (and/or Happy Haunted 5k)?

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So who is signed up for the 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler (and/or Happy Haunted 5k)?

As registration is just about to close on yet another runDisney event, it's time to see who is signed up for the 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler and/or the Happy Haunted 5k. I'm crazy enough to do the 5k in the morning and the half that night (and get on a plane the next morning and fly home...). How about you?

Tower of Terror 10 Miler
    RunningFool
    Chewyswimmer

Happy Haunted 5k
    RunningFool

Last edited by RunningFool; 09-11-2013 at 10:48 AM.
    RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

2. # ADS

I registered for the ToT 10 miler! Now I just have to find some cheap airfare and some cheap hotel reservations...

- Spring MouseAdventures: Decades advanced: our goal? to finish. mission accomplished!
    - december 09 reindeer games: 26th place, & drenched all the way through!
    - spring 09 mouse adventure (train, trams, and monorails): advanced division, with a newbie! the dominoes and the jigsaw puzzle nearly killed us!
    - fall 08 mouse adventures: third place in the 101 division!

Blog Entries

Excellent! Fingers crossed the weather is a bit more cooperative this year (cooler and less humid).

Fortunately you have a bit of time but I would hop on the hotel as soon a possible. There are usually several other events happening in WDW at the same time as ToT and the cheap rooms go quick.

RunningFool

I am in for the ToT 10 miler. I am trying a trip with no park tickets. I will be in HS after the run, I care more about the rides than the shows anyways. I want to break down and do the MNSSHP, we will see. Don't want to incur the wrath of the wife. Staying at the All Star Sports.

Speaking of that, I received a letter from Disney yesterday saying that the Food court is going down in the beginning of September and will be down through early December '13 for some TLC, which it needed.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So who is signed up for the 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler (and/or Happy Haunted

Wow, that's a big refurb! Glad I'm staying at Movies in November.

Depends on how many days you're talking, if i could go without a park ticket. Though that's probably when i would go to the dark side and get an AP (depending on future trips).

Cathy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewyswimmer View Post
    Staying at the All Star Sports.

Speaking of that, I received a letter from Disney yesterday saying that the Food court is going down in the beginning of September and will be down through early December '13 for some TLC, which it needed.
    Ahhhh, that must explain the empty envelope I received yesterday from Walt Disney World as I too am staying at all Star Sports for both ToT and Wine & Dine. Yup, empty.

For me, it will only impact breakfast. I assume their workaround is to visit one of the other All-Star food courts?
    RunningFool

It is, "Please visit the food courts at all star movies and music." Apparently, they will be providing some shuttle service to the other resorts. Aren't those called buses?

Blog Entries
    It is, "Please visit the food courts at all star movies and music." Apparently, they will be providing some shuttle service to the other resorts. Aren't those called buses?
    They may be running direct shuttles back and forth instead of the park shuttles. Inconvienent for the morning but we'll live.
    RunningFool

Can you feel it? oh I can feel it! Getting stoked! I love me some Halloween time! Anyone doing MNSSHP Friday night? I am on the fence but leaning towards MNSSHP. Since this will be a solo trip I want to get wild and reckless!

Blog Entries
    Can you feel it? oh I can feel it! Getting stoked! I love me some Halloween time! Anyone doing MNSSHP Friday night? I am on the fence but leaning towards MNSSHP. Since this will be a solo trip I want to get wild and reckless!
    Actually, when I went to grab MNSSHP tickets back on May 29th, the Friday night was already sold out. I ended up with Thursday night (figure it will be nice to stretch the legs after the long flight to Orlando).
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

Wow. I'm still prepping for the DDD weekend and now I just got an update email on the Tower of Terror 10-Miler weekend! The months between Princess and Disneyland are so quiet and then 'bam' they all hit at once again!

Hopefully this year will be smoother and have better finish than last year when I crashed (literally) at 8.5 miles. I finished but my knees still have scars from the fall.

RunningFool

Saw on the Disney Website that Tickets are still available for Friday Night. I think I am going to bite and get one. Did 8 miles last night in 1:02.11. That would put in around 1:18.00 for a finish, Aiming for a 1:15.00.

Tonight I start coaching Cross Country! First time coaching cross. I am an assistant due to the fact that I am head swim coach. Swimming in the mornings, Cross country after school. I love two-a-days! This is why I teach!

Saw on the Disney Website that Tickets are still available for Friday Night. I think I am going to bite and get one. Did 8 miles last night in 1:02.11. That would put in around 1:18.00 for a finish, Aiming for a 1:15.00.

Tonight I start coaching Cross Country! First time coaching cross. I am an assistant due to the fact that I am head swim coach. Swimming in the mornings, Cross country after school. I love two-a-days! This is why I teach!
    First, I have to give you props for being a teacher! Your job is hard! Second, yaaaaaay for cross country coaching! Have tons of fun. I loved my cross country and track coaches when I was in school. Good luck on your first day coaching!
    - Spring MouseAdventures: Decades advanced: our goal? to finish. mission accomplished!
    - december 09 reindeer games: 26th place, & drenched all the way through!
    - spring 09 mouse adventure (train, trams, and monorails): advanced division, with a newbie! the dominoes and the jigsaw puzzle nearly killed us!
    - fall 08 mouse adventures: third place in the 101 division!

Blog Entries

Awesome on Friday - they must have opened up more tickets. MNSSHP is SUCH a fun evening in the park!

Have fun with the coaching gig. Hopefully you'll get to join them as well.
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

Final race instructions and waivers are now available for the 2013 Tower of Terror 10-Miler weekend!

RunningFool

I have my MNSSHP Tickets ordered for Friday. Planning on Flying in at 1. ME to All Star Sports. ToT 10 Miler Expo and then off to the Par-tay! I checked my waiver and my bib number is 73. How do they assign bibs? Is that based on first come first served? Is it based on estimated finish time? I did 17 miles on Saturday and I checked my 10 mile split. I was at a 1:18 and expect to go closer to a 1:13 on race day. I am totally excited. I just hope the National Air Force Marathon doesn't kill me too bad. I have two weeks in between races. Crazy, I know, But I am young and dumb!

Blog Entries

Let's hope the weather is cooperative. Last year it was pretty nasty even at 10:00 p.m.

Bibs are usually assigned by your estimated finish time. Corral assignment can be found here. Yes indeed you are in "A". The corrals go all the way to "J" with the earlier corrals as small as 500 and going up to over 2000 by the end.

I'm in Thursday evening. Off to MNSSHP party after I arrive. Expo on Friday. Run on Saturday. 7:00 a.m. flight out home on Sunday (ouch).

Last edited by RunningFool; 09-11-2013 at 05:31 AM.
    RunningFool

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    I checked my waiver and my bib number is 73.
    Wow, you're fast!! Have a great race!
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Wow, you're fast!! Have a great race!
    Bet you would be up there with him if you were there!
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

If you are interested in reading up on last year's ToT, here's a link to the recap.

And almost a year later, I'm STILL dealing with knee issues from the fall at 8.5 miles!

RunningFool

I re-read the recap. Curious as to the changes that are coming our way. I did read that they are adding 4 elevation ramps. Were people complaining about too flat of a course? Glad I will be ahead of most of the pack when I hit those puppies. I will need to be careful when on gravel, but I run a lot on trails and gravel so we will see. Hopefully no scraps will come.

I plan to maximize the party after the race. Flying solo, will be oh so much fun!

On a side note, Just finished an awesome cross country practice. It has been raining here for the past couple of days. The skies lifted for practice and we did the bulk of our workout. 4x800 m repeats. We then lined up to some sprinting when I noticed the wall of rain heading our way. Sent the kids off and I took cover. The reactions were priceless! The middle schoolers absolutely loved it.

Blog Entries
    I re-read the recap. Curious as to the changes that are coming our way. I did read that they are adding 4 elevation ramps. Were people complaining about too flat of a course? Glad I will be ahead of most of the pack when I hit those puppies. I will need to be careful when on gravel, but I run a lot on trails and gravel so we will see. Hopefully no scraps will come.

I plan to maximize the party after the race. Flying solo, will be oh so much fun!

On a side note, Just finished an awesome cross country practice. It has been raining here for the past couple of days. The skies lifted for practice and we did the bulk of our workout. 4x800 m repeats. We then lined up to some sprinting when I noticed the wall of rain heading our way. Sent the kids off and I took cover. The reactions were priceless! The middle schoolers absolutely loved it.
    I am looking forward to the after-party! Missed it last year due to the speedbump incident.

How do your students react to your running and your medals? I assume you must share your stories and hardware with them.
    RunningFool

Most of them are pretty amazed. Especially the tracksters and cross country runners. They have an appreciation because I run with them and they know I will go back out and do the workout over and over again. The medals usually get some good reactions. This group will get to see lots of new medals with the Air Force Marathon next weekend and the tower of terror two weeks later and then the Goofy in January.

It is fun showing off the "Bling" and the kids usually like seeing the medals. Right now we are trying to figure out if we will have practice tonight due to the Flooding in Northern Colorado. It is pretty wet here. I do want to get my canoe out and have some fun.

Blog Entries
    Most of them are pretty amazed. Especially the tracksters and cross country runners. They have an appreciation because I run with them and they know I will go back out and do the workout over and over again. The medals usually get some good reactions. This group will get to see lots of new medals with the Air Force Marathon next weekend and the tower of terror two weeks later and then the Goofy in January.

It is fun showing off the "Bling" and the kids usually like seeing the medals. Right now we are trying to figure out if we will have practice tonight due to the Flooding in Northern Colorado. It is pretty wet here. I do want to get my canoe out and have some fun.
    How are you doing?
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

For those of you going to the Halloween Party in WDW, make sure you get a good seat on Main Street. There is an awesome pre-parade 'experience' that you HAVE to see. If you want to be surprised, don't click here!

RunningFool