Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2013 CHOC Walk at the Disneyland Resort - Sunday, October 13

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

2013 CHOC Walk at the Disneyland Resort - Sunday, October 13

Team MousePlanet will be back for our sixth consecutive year at the CHOC Walk in the Park, benefiting Children's Hospital Orange County. Thanks to the efforts and generosity of our readers, Team MousePlanet has raised over $34,000 for CHOC since 2008.

One of the best things about walking with Team MousePlanet is that we handle check in for our walkers! Instead of making you drive to Irvine the week before the race to collect your wristband and t-shirt, we do that for you, so long as you've met your $50 minimum fundraising goal by Friday, October 4th. You only have to meet us in Downtown Disney the morning of the walk to collect your goodies, and then head right into Disneyland to start the walk. (If you meet your goal on or after October 5, you can still walk, you'll just have to take care of sign in yourself).

The 2013 race is Sunday, October 13 at the Disneyland Resort. Team registration is NOW OPEN! Come join us for a day you won't soon forget.

Are you ready to CHOC Walk with Team MousePlanet?

Last edited by AVP; 07-03-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

will MousePlanet have buttons for those of us walking with another team (I'll be walking with my sorority sisters) but I want to be able to promote Team MousePlanet also

Still need to win the lotto so I can plan trips to Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disney, and Hong Kong Disney.
    I love: my cats, scrapbooking, and all things Disney

Looking forward to doing this again!

We will be there this year!!! But still debating if we will be able to actually do the walk or donate and cheer everyone on....

Do the walk! It's so much fun!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I am SO EXCITED to be the very first to tell you about the new reward offered to 2013 CHOC Walk participants! This new CHOC Walk Medallion is awarded to everyone who raises $225 or more for CHOC. It's the first year there has been a medal for the CHOC Walk, and it's sure to be a cherished addition to your bling collection.

REGISTER TO JOIN TEAM MOUSEPLANET

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

So what am I doing wrong? I click on your link above to get to Team MousePlanet's page but all I see is how to make a donation. When I log in and say I want to join a team it's not able to find Team MousePlanet from the search engine (even though the page exists).

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. ~~Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Maus View Post
    So what am I doing wrong? I click on your link above to get to Team MousePlanet's page but all I see is how to make a donation. When I log in and say I want to join a team it's not able to find Team MousePlanet from the search engine (even though the page exists).
    At the top of the box listing money raised, there a Join Team link in purple font.

Thank you!

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. ~~Marcus Aurelius

Considering joining this event this year. I need to run some numbers (budget wise) since I will need a room etc. Can anyone tell me rates offered at resort hotels? There is a question in the FAQ area of the event that has a link to click on but the area it takes me to does not give an answer that I could see.

Is anyone else having trouble with your Participation Page? I've figured out most of it -- and used the help site several times -- but I can't find where to post on Social Network sites. I've read the instructions and cannot find the buttons. Anyone find them?

Headless Chicken

Ok, I just signed up.

First 5K - Neverland - January 19th, 2013
    First Half Marathon - TinkerBell - January 19th, 2014

It's amazing what is possible in just one year.

I just signed up, but my name is not showing up on the team page... I donated the $50 and got confirmation emails. If I go to the "Team Roster," I'm listed there, but not on the main Team MousePlanet page. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    I just signed up, but my name is not showing up on the team page... I donated the $50 and got confirmation emails. If I go to the "Team Roster," I'm listed there, but not on the main Team MousePlanet page. Any advice?
    Never mind! Apparently there's a delay and I didn't wait long enough :-)

We'll be there under Team Jake. As the mom of a CHOC kid, thank you all.

Hi All!! I'm excited as I'll get to walk with you guys this year!!!
    But dh asked me yesterday how my training was going. And I just stared at him.
    I mean, I walk several days a week, but not actually "training".
    So, how much "training" should I be doing for this? What pace am I supposed to keep up?

Um, last year it was so crowded that the speed was somewhere between "fast crawl" and "slow shuffle." I believe towards the end the crowds thinned a bit and we were able to increase the speed to "stroll." If you have walked at all in the past few weeks, you are probably sufficiently trained.

Ok, thank you Currence! That's a great sigh of releif.

If you can get through an average day at the parks without collapsing, you'll be just fine!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't people do it in ECVs, too? That indicates, to me, that there isn't a RunDisney 16 min mile limit on this one.

Cathy

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

It's a WALK, all-caps, don't even think about running, you'll be lucky if you get up to a brisk stroll pace.

There will be wheelchairs, scooters, strollers and wagons on the course. No worries AT ALL about training.

My then, 4 year old, walked the whole thing last year and trust me...he's not quick and didn't do an ounce of training LOL

Now I am even more excited... knowing I shouldn't collapse! Do we wear our mouseplanet gear? Are there things for family to do/see while the Walk is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Boo's Mommy View Post
    Now I am even more excited... knowing I shouldn't collapse! Do we wear our mouseplanet gear? Are there things for family to do/see while the Walk is going on?
    I'm bringing my family with me this year, but last year they just slept in and then waited at the hotel until we returned. There are booths and such at the end but we were focused on getting the discounted tickets only available to CHOC walkers that we swam upstream back to the ticket booths and then had no interest in braving the crowds to go back and check them out. There were so many people I'm not sure it would make the best reunion spot.

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Party of four registered and ready!

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney