Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 2013 Mickey's Halloween Party dates

I'm so excited that our family is going to the Trick or Treat event for the first time. Does Disney provide you with a trick or treat bag or do we need to bring our own?

2. # ADS

I just got my ticket for Oct 23rd, I land in LAX at Noon and I have just enough time to get my rental car, check into the Hotel and get to the park around 3PM, It will make for a long day as I take off from Detroit at 630 am eastern. I have been to several MNSHP's at WDW. I havent been to DL in 4 years!!! and cant wait.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandMom View Post
    I'm so excited that our family is going to the Trick or Treat event for the first time. Does Disney provide you with a trick or treat bag or do we need to bring our own?
    They provide you with small bags. But I've seen a number of people that bring their own. You usually get LOTS of candy!
    Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandMom View Post
    They give ones out but they're small and not all that sturdy. We preferred to bring our own, or at least a bag that closed to dump the smaller bags into.

Thanks so much!

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

and you can always buy the bigger themed bags in Showcase or Emporium if you forget to bring your own.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    They give ones out but they're small and not all that sturdy. We preferred to bring our own, or at least a bag that closed to dump the smaller bags into.

That is what we did. We used the bags they gave us until it got about half way full then we dumped the candy into my backpack. It worked really well. I hope they offer the healthy treats again I loved the apples.

They have always had healthy treats available when we've gone to the parties. Funny, we usually ask for "nothing healthy, please!" when we get in the trick or treat lines.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    They have always had healthy treats available when we've gone to the parties. Funny, we usually ask for "nothing healthy, please!" when we get in the trick or treat lines.
    Yep, same with me and my kids. But as the night got late and appetites built up from all the activity, the kids drastically changed their tune. My little ones were practically begging the CM's for apple slices between 10 & 11pm.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

The Halloween party is where we got hooked on the freeze dried apples. I like that they started selling them in the park during regular hours as they are a nice crunchy substitute for potato chips. Our Costco at home sells them now also.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwayManiac View Post
    Yep, same with me and my kids. But as the night got late and appetites built up from all the activity, the kids drastically changed their tune. My little ones were practically begging the CM's for apple slices between 10 & 11pm.
    You guys going to make a Party this year too?

Blog Entries

We asked for nothing healthy in the human bags, but the service dog's bag got carrots and apple slices... She was Snow White...

Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by letshavefun View Post
    You guys going to make a Party this year too?
    Probably not. But we'll almost definitely go in 2014.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by megzrg View Post
    The Halloween party is where we got hooked on the freeze dried apples. I like that they started selling them in the park during regular hours as they are a nice crunchy substitute for potato chips. Our Costco at home sells them now also.
    Oooh - I loved those last year. A few times during the evening, I asked for carrots and Craisins, too. I like putting Craisins in my morning oatmeal & having the little packets is quite handy. Nibbling on carrots during the Trick-or-Treat Party was a nice break from all that chocolate.
    Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Would rather be looking at the back side of water...
    Everything in life is only for now.
    Nope - it never ends.