Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

2013 Mickey's Halloween Party dates

Mickey's Halloween Party is returning to Disneyland for 2013, and will be hosted on 13 nights:

Friday, September 27; Tuesday, October 1; Friday, October 4; Tuesday, October 8; Friday, October 11; Tuesday, October 15; Friday, October 18; Monday, October 21; Wednesday, October 23; Friday, October 25; Monday, October 28; Wednesday, October 30; and Thursday, October 31.

Tickets go on sale July 8 for Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members and Disney Visa cardholders. The general public can buy tickets starting July 15. We don't have pricing or discount information yet.

ETA: I just got some pricing from Disney, though there are some details still to come.

Tickets to Mickey's Halloween Party purchased in advance are $59 each for selected nights, while tickets purchased on the event days are $67 each. All tickets to Mickey's Halloween Party on Wednesday, Oct. 30, and Halloween Night, Thursday, Oct. 31, are $74 each.
    Edited again with more pricing details:

Date
    Day-of price
    Advance Purchase price
    AP Advance Purchase price
    Friday, September 27
    $67 $59 $51
    Tuesday, October 1
    $67 $59 $51
    Friday, October 4
    $67 $59 $51
    Tuesday, October 8
    $67 $59 $51
    Friday, October 11
    $67 $67 $67
    Tuesday, October 15
    $67 $59 $51
    Friday, October 18
    $67 $67 $67
    Monday, October 21
    $67 $59 $51
    Wednesday, October 23
    $67 $59 $51
    Friday, October 25
    $67 $67 $67
    Monday, October 28
    $67 $59 $51
    Wednesday, October 30
    $74 $74 $74
    Thursday, October 31
    $74 $74 $74
    Last edited by AVP; 07-03-2013 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Addd pricing details
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Yay! Can't wait for this :-) Do they actually announce pricing ahead of time, or does it just appear when the tickets go on sale? I can't remember from last year...

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2012 prices
    Friday, Sept 28 7pm – 12am $54 $46 $64
    Tues, Oct 2 6pm – 11pm $54 $46 $64
    Fri, Oct 5 7pm – 12am $54 $46 $64
    Tues, Oct 9 6pm – 11pm $54 $46 $64
    Fri, Oct 12 7pm – 12am $64 $64 $64
    Mon, Oct 15 6pm – 11pm $54 $46 $64
    Fri, Oct 19 7pm – 12am $64 $64 $64
    Tues, Oct 23 6pm – 11pm $54 $46 $64
    Fri, Oct 26 7pm – 12am $64 $64 $64
    Mon, Oct 29 6pm – 11pm $69 $69 $69
    Weds, Oct 31 6pm – 11pm $69 $69 $69

(source- dlandlive.com - http://dlandlive.com/2012/06/2012-di...ces-announced/ )
    the disneyland page was pulled.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    the disneyland page was pulled.
    Yeah, we had it on MousePlanet too.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    hmm - forgot to check that. I went to google and took the first page that came up in a listing for "disneyland mickey halloween party 2012 prices"
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

To compare prices to 2012:

2012 2013
    Advanced Purchase - AP $46 $51
    Advanced Purchase - Public $54 $59
    Day Of $64 $67
    October 30/31 $69 $74
    So there's a $3-5 jump per ticket, and the possible elimination of the AP advanced purchase discount. I've asked Disney for clarification, and as always I'll update as soon as I hear from them. [Update: AP advanced purchase will be offered - see chart in the first post]
    Last edited by AVP; 07-02-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    To compare prices to 2012:

So there's a $3-5 jump per ticket, and the possible elimination of the AP advanced purchase discount. I've asked Disney for clarification, and as always I'll update as soon as I hear from them.
    looks like the standard DRI* index price increase to me

[* DRI - Disney Rate of Inflation]

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bummer. I knew it was a stretch, but I made a DVC ressie at VGC for 9/21 months ago in hope that we *might* get lucky and have this be a party night. Oh well. I guess DH and I will have to put the kids in the kids club and have a date night instead. Darn.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

It seems really odd that discounts are offered on Friday the 25th, but not on Wednesday the 23rd.

How about Disney Visa card holders, DVC members .. any discounts?

Last edited by corona; 07-03-2013 at 05:22 AM.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Carolinakid, I've heard that the 'parade' at the DL party is NOTHING like the Boo To You Parade, so don't set your expectations too high for that!

Cathy

Thanks, Cathy for the "warning". But on the bright side I guess I won't have that damn song in my head for the next 3 days! Happy Halloween, Boo To You!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Carolinakid, I've heard that the 'parade' at the DL party is NOTHING like the Boo To You Parade, so don't set your expectations too high for that!
    The Costume Cavalcade parade at DL is small, but cute. The big attraction is the fireworks (a, some would say the, highlight of the party), so the parade doesn't even try to compete with that.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    Thanks, Cathy for the "warning". But on the bright side I guess I won't have that damn song in my head for the next 3 days! Happy Halloween, Boo To You!
    From what we've read and heard, the best way to enjoy the DL party is to go in without any expectations from WDW. Same holiday, different park, different party. You'll be at DL celebrating at a party! What's not to like?

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    From what we've read and heard, the best way to enjoy the DL party is to go in without any expectations from WDW. Same holiday, different park, different party. You'll be at DL celebrating at a party! What's not to like?
    And this is a good point (and one I've personally made many times!) --- DL and WDW are different!!!
    Cathy

I went to this party last year. It was a bit of controlled chaos, especially trying to find out how the lines snaked around to get to the candy stations. The parade was great! And you are right.... the fireworks was the star of the show.... After the fireworks, the rides were pretty much empty, so that was a good thing...

After talking with everyone we decided to suck up the price and go. The Haunt has been a yearly tradition for us since it started and we weren't quite ready to let it go yet

After careful thought, we're almost certain we're gonna skip the party. We've been to WDW's party many times and there just doesn't seem like much beyond the parade and fireworks (we're not trick or treaters) that would justify the added expense. Besides, we're gonna be there for 7 days.....there are only 2 party nights during our stay, so we have ample time to fully experience DL. I think we'll just head for DCA on the nights of the parties (Tue and Fri).

John

We are going...after a 5 year hiatus. I am excited to experience it in Disneyland but not looking forward to the crowds. Last time we went it was choas and lots of crowds just converging on the trick or treat spots without regard for the line, Dh doesn't want to dress up but I kind of want a family costume again.

Tickets for the general public are now on sale here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo's Mommy View Post
    We are going...after a 5 year hiatus. I am excited to experience it in Disneyland but not looking forward to the crowds. Last time we went it was choas and lots of crowds just converging on the trick or treat spots without regard for the line, Dh doesn't want to dress up but I kind of want a family costume again.
    We were able to get in last year on some gift tix. The lines are long but move quickly (well, most of them). end of the night is prime time to hit some of the gems
    Monorail queue, Main St cinema, etc. Anywhere out of the way. Also the HM fountain queue, though just a simply circle, generated a lot. However, Main St cinema by far was he most generous ("that's why we have two hands....").

You should be checking out what you want to do and make sure to make time. The lines for some of the character photo ops throughout the park can be long. I got in line to hit Mickey on Main St. at 1130 but they shut it down for the final cavalcade (and never brought him back out). Oh well...

Blog Entries

I'm bummed that the party is in Disneyland rather than back in DCA - but I bought tickets anyway. Hoping they move it back to DCA in 2014.

Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Would rather be looking at the back side of water...
    Everything in life is only for now.
    Nope - it never ends.

Quote Originally Posted by shna View Post
    I'm bummed that the party is in Disneyland rather than back in DCA - but I bought tickets anyway. Hoping they move it back to DCA in 2014.
    Then they couldn't have the party exclusive fireworks show.

Thanks Olegc. Good tips to know!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    Then they couldn't have the party exclusive fireworks show.
    yeah - that train left the station a long time ago. I think attendance went way up once they placed it back to Disneyland. You probably won't see it at DCA
    UNLESS
    1 - Disneyland is going through a major construction project (tomorrowland?)
    2 - they get a Halloween Screams like show specific for World of Color.

then you may be in luck.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I like having the trick or treat event in Disneyland. But I would also love to trick or treat in Cars Land.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

I plan to go the first night of party, the only other time I went I was able to read on mouse planet where the characters and candy stations were. So my question is will I be able to find out this information easily the day off? Or even ahead of time (do they send a list out when you buy tickets)?