Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Mickey's Halloween Party dates

What is included in the ticket price?

Can't Wait for Trip to the Happiest Place on Earth!

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by prince View Post
    What is included in the ticket price?
    Park entry starting at 3:00 (I think?), trick-or-treat stations throughout the park, Halloween Screams fireworks, Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade (mini parade), themed entertainment and treats (I LOVED the Dapper Dans as zombies in the Rivers of America on rafts singing Halloween tunes). Adults can also wear costumes in the parks, which was a lot of the fun for me!

Also found this on the AP ticket pre-purchase page:

Fiendish Fun for 2013
    In addition to the highly anticipated annual spine-tingling attractions and entertainment, like Villains Square and The Cadaver Dans, there's new fiendish fun for you this year:
    Monsters U Dance Party at Tomorrowland Terrace
    Come to the big Halloween bash at Monsters University!
    Listen to the Monsters' favorite DJ-spun dance tracks and learn the Monsters U "Scare Dance."
    Mike & Sulley are in search of the best Scarers on campus. Will you join them for the spirited and silly Monster Scare-Off?

2 New Locations on Mickey's Hide and Go Treat Trails
    Piratepalooza Treats: The Pirates want to enlist you into the Crew for some swashbuckling fun!
    Mickey's Toontown Treat Pre-party: Join popular Disney Characters for some early trick-or-treating at this colorful Halloween block party with plenty of good-humored spirit. (Toontown open for a limited time during Mickey's Halloween Party; please check Park schedule for exact times.)

Also, all day parking at M&F or TS is included. Party entry times should be 3pm or 4pm depending on the party day and end time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Also, all day parking at M&F or TS is included. Party entry times should be 3pm or 4pm depending on the party day and end time.
    On a day when our party begins at 7pm, our ticket states that we may enter the park at 4pm.

I attended this with my daughter two years ago and with all the free, high-quality goodies and with parking included, I thought it was a good value when contrasted with Disneyland's everyday prices.

We may use Halloween & Christmas parties to visit Disneyland more affordably during years when we pass on APs.

I used my AP to get these discounted tickets, which we will use after APs expire this summer.

10/4 crowds

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Does anyone know the dates of any big events that would coincide with party dates? For example, Gay Days starts on Friday, 10/04 -- so I imagine that party will sell out. UEA is 10/17-18, so the party on the 18th may well be sold out. Any other dates?
    I know when we were there last year during Gay Days Disneyland was getting pretty full when we were kicked out right before the party. I don't remember if it was a sell out though.

What I do know is that I will never be in DCA ever again on that night. When we transitioned over to DCA from Disneyland that night it was shoulder to shoulder people. You couldn't get a seat at Carthay Circle, the wait time for rides were doubled if not tripled that night compared to earlier in the day, and you just basically couldn't move because there was so many of us in one place.

The one cool thing I did get that night was a picture of Cars Land straight down Main Street and completely full of people.

We ended up giving up trying to do anything and grabbed a couple of margueritas and finished our trip people watching.

Can somebody post a thread as to where to purchase these tickets?

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pulltab View Post
    Can somebody post a thread as to where to purchase these tickets?

Here you go.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

I don't know if anyone has noticed yet, the tickets just went on sale after all but there is a very big NEW addition to the party, it is 100 percent smoke free! In years past the normal smoking areas in the park were available for smokers, this year they will be required to actually leave the park to smoke but will have re entry privileges. I love this change. The bolding is mine.

Ticket and Event Information
    May not be combined with other discounts.
    No ticket is required for Guests 2 and under.
    Space is limited and tickets are available while supplies last. Subject to capacity and other restrictions.
    Tickets are valid for admission to the designated party and to the theme park beginning at a specified time prior to party commencement.
    Tickets are nonrefundable and may not be sold or transferred for commercial use.
    Days and times of operation and all other elements including, but not limited to, operation of attractions, entertainment, services, stores and restaurants, appearances of Disney Characters and applicable theme park may vary and are subject to change without notice.
    No Smoking at Mickey's Halloween Party: Mickey's Halloween Party is a completely non-smoking event, and there will be no designated smoking areas within the Park. Exit and re-entry is permitted to designated smoking areas in the Esplanade outside the Disneyland Main Entrance

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MammaSilva View Post
    I don't know if anyone has noticed yet, the tickets just went on sale after all but there is a very big NEW addition to the party, it is 100 percent smoke free! In years past the normal smoking areas in the park were available for smokers, this year they will be required to actually leave the park to smoke but will have re entry privileges. I love this change.
    That's cool! Plus now they can use the areas that are normally smoking areas for treat trails!
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by MammaSilva View Post
    I don't know if anyone has noticed yet, the tickets just went on sale after all but there is a very big NEW addition to the party, it is 100 percent smoke free! In years past the normal smoking areas in the park were available for smokers, this year they will be required to actually leave the park to smoke but will have re entry privileges. I love this change. The bolding is mine.
    I saw that too!! LOVE this.

LOVE that, too! Wish it could be that way all the time. Last year, walking from BTMRR to Big Thunder Ranch was so gross with all the smoke.

Theme Park Mommy

What are your thoughts, do you guys think this party is worth the $51 (AP presale price)? We are in NorCal and have AP's valid until Feb. trying to get a lot of use out of them we are headed down end of Sept. for Halloweentime and in early Dec. We did the party years ago in DCA, maybe even the first year they did it. Was super cheap and we did have a lot of fun. Now for $255 for 5 of us, when we already have AP's, I am just not sure.

What are the details on the Christmas party? Maybe we should save our money and just do that one, since we never have.

Disneyland College Program summer of 1997.
    DCL: Magic,Oct. 17, 2009 WC; Wonder, Jan. 21st, 2011 "Cruise to NoWhere"; Wonder, April 17th, 2011 10 day MR;Wonder, MR 2/12/12
    Run Disney: Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon Jan. 20, 2013; Disneyworld Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov. 9, 2013 Yay for Coast to Coast; Tinkerbell 1/2 Jan. 19. 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TrueRomance View Post
    What are your thoughts, do you guys think this party is worth the $51 (AP presale price)? We are in NorCal and have AP's valid until Feb. trying to get a lot of use out of them we are headed down end of Sept. for Halloweentime and in early Dec. We did the party years ago in DCA, maybe even the first year they did it. Was super cheap and we did have a lot of fun. Now for $255 for 5 of us, when we already have AP's, I am just not sure.

What are the details on the Christmas party? Maybe we should save our money and just do that one, since we never have.
    Right now, the Christmas Party is just a rumor. No official announcements yet. As for the Halloween Party, "worth it" is a totally subjective term. Search MP for threads on the party from last year. Cstephens has a good review of the party from 2 or 3 years ago -- the party has changed a little since then (mostly more crowded), but that review is detailed enough to give you a good idea of whether this will be a good fit for your family. We think the parties are really fun, but I've read and heard enough negative feedback to show that this definitely isn't for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueRomance View Post

It depends on what you want to get out of it. I think people hoping for smaller crowds and shorter ride lines are extremely disappointed. If you go to trick or treat, do the dance parties and see the special characters and fireworks, you are more likely to find it worth it.
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

After talking with everyone we decided to suck up the price and go. The Haunt has been a yearly tradition for us since it started and we weren't quite ready to let it go yet

After careful thought, we're almost certain we're gonna skip the party. We've been to WDW's party many times and there just doesn't seem like much beyond the parade and fireworks (we're not trick or treaters) that would justify the added expense. Besides, we're gonna be there for 7 days.....there are only 2 party nights during our stay, so we have ample time to fully experience DL. I think we'll just head for DCA on the nights of the parties (Tue and Fri).

John

We are going...after a 5 year hiatus. I am excited to experience it in Disneyland but not looking forward to the crowds. Last time we went it was choas and lots of crowds just converging on the trick or treat spots without regard for the line, Dh doesn't want to dress up but I kind of want a family costume again.

Tickets for the general public are now on sale here.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo's Mommy View Post
    We are going...after a 5 year hiatus. I am excited to experience it in Disneyland but not looking forward to the crowds. Last time we went it was choas and lots of crowds just converging on the trick or treat spots without regard for the line, Dh doesn't want to dress up but I kind of want a family costume again.
    We were able to get in last year on some gift tix. The lines are long but move quickly (well, most of them). end of the night is prime time to hit some of the gems
    Monorail queue, Main St cinema, etc. Anywhere out of the way. Also the HM fountain queue, though just a simply circle, generated a lot. However, Main St cinema by far was he most generous ("that's why we have two hands....").

You should be checking out what you want to do and make sure to make time. The lines for some of the character photo ops throughout the park can be long. I got in line to hit Mickey on Main St. at 1130 but they shut it down for the final cavalcade (and never brought him back out). Oh well...
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

I'm bummed that the party is in Disneyland rather than back in DCA - but I bought tickets anyway. Hoping they move it back to DCA in 2014.

Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Would rather be looking at the back side of water...
    Everything in life is only for now.
    Nope - it never ends.

Quote Originally Posted by shna View Post
    I'm bummed that the party is in Disneyland rather than back in DCA - but I bought tickets anyway. Hoping they move it back to DCA in 2014.
    Then they couldn't have the party exclusive fireworks show.

Thanks Olegc. Good tips to know!

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    Then they couldn't have the party exclusive fireworks show.
    yeah - that train left the station a long time ago. I think attendance went way up once they placed it back to Disneyland. You probably won't see it at DCA
    UNLESS
    1 - Disneyland is going through a major construction project (tomorrowland?)
    2 - they get a Halloween Screams like show specific for World of Color.

then you may be in luck.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I like having the trick or treat event in Disneyland. But I would also love to trick or treat in Cars Land.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...