Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lining up for Lone Ranger

Lining up for Lone Ranger

For those of you who are heading to DCA on the 22nd for the Lone Ranger red carpet. What time are you planning on lining up. For the last pirates at DL the line started the previous day. Official Disney policy is 7:30 am on the 22nd which is crazy too late. We are planning on being there at about 4:00am.

Thomas - Cabozone! My Website.

2. # ADS

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

I'll be there on Saturday, but not planning to camp out the whole day. I'm more interested in the hoopla and seeing how the staging is rather than hope for a fleeting glance of Mr. Depp.

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

There's no way to know how he'll be this time but I will absolutely say that Mr. Depps behavior on the red carpet for Pirates converted me, I'd never been a huge fan of his but after watching the live stream with a bunch of other padders I was blown away by his respect for his fans and knowing that only by the grace of God and those fans that he is where he is 'today'. They finally had to send security to ask him to hurry up because he was delaying the premiere as he took the time to stop for picture and autographs all down Main Street. I actually watched the Pirates movies because of that brief moment in time, and have seen other interviews and articles that all indicate that he is the real deal when it comes to appreciating his luck and the people who put him where he is.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

I'm converted..already converted?!!!!
    He was receiving 'kudos from fellow San Diegan's when he visited our fair city last August. He was spotted at various coffee
    houses over a 2 week period... chatting it up with the locals!!! He was driving next to my husband, near Torrey Pines Golf
    course where the road merges... so he waved my husband over in a friendly gesture...very courteous indeed! Hubby has converted as well!!!
    I on the other hand was madly admiring his Porsche!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MammaSilva View Post
    There's no way to know how he'll be this time but I will absolutely say that Mr. Depps behavior on the red carpet for Pirates converted me, I'd never been a huge fan of his but after watching the live stream with a bunch of other padders I was blown away by his respect for his fans and knowing that only by the grace of God and those fans that he is where he is 'today'. They finally had to send security to ask him to hurry up because he was delaying the premiere as he took the time to stop for picture and autographs all down Main Street. I actually watched the Pirates movies because of that brief moment in time, and have seen other interviews and articles that all indicate that he is the real deal when it comes to appreciating his luck and the people who put him where he is.
    He was the same way when he was here filming one of the pirates movies (2 or 3..or both, LOL). He would come out of his dressing room/trailer 30 minutes before he needed to just to visit with fans that came by. At least that is what I was told by someone that went to see him. They said he was very appreciative of the fans
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
    -Walt Disney
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lining up for Lone Ranger

That is really good to hear. I have a hard time watching Russell Crowe because of the stories I've heard about him from my niece who works for Paramount. He's just not nice. It makes a movie even better when the star is nice.

Is the Red Carpet event only on the night of Sat June 22? Which part of DCA will it be in? ( Hyperion? )

Self reliance is inversely proportional to reliance on the government.

Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    That is really good to hear. I have a hard time watching Russell Crowe because of the stories I've heard about him from my niece who works for Paramount. He's just not nice. It makes a movie even better when the star is nice.
    I'm the same way about Russell Crowe. Also Sarah Michelle Gellar. They used to film Buffy the Vampire Slayer near my house (Buffy's house was one block over from mine, LOL) and she was not very nice to the fans. The rest of the cast was great. They took the time to sit with the neighborhood kids when they were on break, etc.
    -Walt Disney

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hefferdude View Post
    Is the Red Carpet event only on the night of Sat June 22? Which part of DCA will it be in? ( Hyperion? )
    Based off the Pirates premiers. I'm assuming that all of Hollywood street will be used for the Red Carpet, leading to the Hyperion Theater. As well as the Muppet theater for the extra attendees. I'm not sure where the line will start for the celebrities to enter the park.

We were at the Pirates 2 red carpet in Disneyland, my wife actually got a hug from Johnny Depp. Have also had great experiences with Alyssa Milano, Patrick Warburton and Sammy Hagar. Pirates 3 they had the double barrier setup and made it so actors could not get close to the fans. A huge bad move as the fans were what keep the films going. We are hoping to have a space on the rail this Saturday.

Thomas - Cabozone! My Website.

Quote Originally Posted by cabozone View Post
    For those of you who are heading to DCA on the 22nd for the Lone Ranger red carpet. What time are you planning on lining up. For the last pirates at DL the line started the previous day. Official Disney policy is 7:30 am on the 22nd which is crazy too late. We are planning on being there at about 4:00am.
    I attended the POTC4 premiere 2 years ago and we lined up really early. I know they say not to line up until 4am, but if its going to be like POTC4, i think there will be so many people by then. I plan on going out there tonight to scope out the crowds. I was able to get a spot by the rail for POT4 and my picture with Johnny, so well worth the wait!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by oregontraveler View Post
    Based off the Pirates premiers. I'm assuming that all of Hollywood street will be used for the Red Carpet, leading to the Hyperion Theater. As well as the Muppet theater for the extra attendees. I'm not sure where the line will start for the celebrities to enter the park.
    Think the Hyperion would be awesome to view a red carpet opener. Then again, if Statler and Waldorf will show up at Muppet's 3D,
    I would probably opt for door #2.
    Self reliance is inversely proportional to reliance on the government.

It is 11:36pm, and I just walked past the line of people already waiting.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Did you see the JD lookalike?
    Planning 3 trips at once...

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Did you see the JD lookalike?
    Yeah, people were screaming and taking pics of him, and I'm standing there saying, That's not Johnny Depp.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Nice pic of JD! I had a friend who was there with her daughter. She got a pic with Armie Hammer.

Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, people were screaming and taking pics of him, and I'm standing there saying, That's not Johnny Depp.
    I was curious if he was a double or something as he picked his credential from the "talent" group.

I wonder if that could have been his stunt double. I met the double for Pirates and the resemblance is remarkable.

Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by houseofmouse View Post
    Nice pic of JD! I had a friend who was there with her daughter. She got a pic with Armie Hammer.
    We saw him. He had a funky colored suit on. I wasn't going to take a picture of him, and then he ended up stopping in front of our section to sign for someone, and by the time I thought I should take a picture of him, he was off and done. He didn't seem to get recognized much.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkPearlCptn View Post
    I wonder if that could have been his stunt double. I met the double for Pirates and the resemblance is remarkable.
    On a cursory glance, he sort of resembled Johnny Depp, but I honestly didn't think it was that hard to see that it wasn't really him.

We saw him. He had a funky colored suit on. I wasn't going to take a picture of him, and then he ended up stopping in front of our section to sign for someone, and by the time I thought I should take a picture of him, he was off and done. He didn't seem to get recognized much.

On a cursory glance, he sort of resembled Johnny Depp, but I honestly didn't think it was that hard to see that it wasn't really him.
    OK...totally off topic but were you in the parks on Sunday, and even more specifically in line for a Dole Whip inside the Tiki Room Queue around 11 or 12??

LOL - I think I saw you guys and was going to introduce myself. I recognized your picture from a fellow MP'ers facebook page, but didn't know for sure if it was you
    -Walt Disney

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dlfansx4 View Post
    OK...totally off topic but were you in the parks on Sunday, and even more specifically in line for a Dole Whip inside the Tiki Room Queue around 11 or 12??

LOL - I think I saw you guys and was going to introduce myself. I recognized your picture from a fellow MP'ers facebook page, but didn't know for sure if it was you
    You should have any way! And if it wasn't cstephens, your daughter could have just been really really embarrassed about her Mom! (I'm sure it wouldn't have been the first time )
    Cathy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    You should have any way! And if it wasn't cstephens, your daughter could have just been really really embarrassed about her Mom! (I'm sure it wouldn't have been the first time )
    ROTFL!! This is so true! Since we have the dog, we are fairly visible when we are in the park. We are often asked "Are you MDM?" by lurkers on the board. We have been BOARDING Space Mountain, and had someone in line yelling "Are you MDM??"
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    You are absolutely right, it wouldn't have been the first time My kids have learned to remember the other MPers by their kids and where we were with them. "Is that the one with the two girls and we saw WOC with them??" (how DS remembered DFF4's family) ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    ROTFL!! This is so true! Since we have the dog, we are fairly visible when we are in the park. We are often asked "Are you MDM?" by lurkers on the board. We have been BOARDING Space Mountain, and had someone in line yelling "Are you MDM??"
    LOL - we had no problem finding you guys when we met up. Wow...that was ages ago. We met up at the hub and were supposed to meet MammaSilva there too but she wasn't able to make it. But it was easy to recognize your family ;-)
    -Walt Disney

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dlfansx4 View Post
    Yeah, I think it was around 10:30 or so, but we were in line for a little while. I guess I'm busted! It's been a while since I've had a Dole Whip, and I figured the Tiki Room's 50th was a good excuse.