Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Walt Disney World announces price increases

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Walt Disney World announces price increases

Here's our analysis of the price changes. There are some Florida resident options not listed here.

Magic Your Way Base Ticket

Magic Your Way Base Tickets
    Base Ticket - Ages 10-up Base Ticket - Ages 3-9
    Days On Ticket Old Price New Price % increase Old Price New Price % increase
    10 days 318 $339 7% 300 $320 7%
    9 days 308 $329 7% 290 $310 7%
    8 days 298 $319 7% 280 $300 7%
    7 days 288 $309 7% 270 $290 7%
    6 days 278 $299 8% 260 $280 8%
    5 days 268 $289 8% 250 $270 8%
    4 days 256 $279 9% 239 $260 9%
    3 days 242 $262 8% 226 $244 8%
    2 days 176 $184 5% 164 $172 5%
    1 day - AK, EC, HS 89 $90 1% 83 $84 1%
    1 day - Magic Kingdom 89 $95 7% 83 $89 7%
    1 day MYW Park Hopper 124 $129 4% 118 $123 4%
    1 day MYW with Water Park Fun and More 144 $149 3% 138 $143 4%
    1 day MYW Park Hopper with Water Park Fun and More 168 $174 4% 162 $168 4%

Optional upgrades to the Base Ticket

Optional Add-Ons
    Park Hopper Water Park Fun & More Park Hopper &
    Water Park Fun & More
    No Expiration
    10 days $59
    ($2 increase)
    $59
    ($4 increase)
    $84 $325
    ($50 increase)
    9 days $59
    ($2 increase)
    $59
    ($4 increase)
    $84 $280
    ($30 increase)
    8 days $59
    ($2 increase)
    $59
    ($4 increase)
    $84 $245
    ($30 increase)
    7 days $59
    ($2 increase)
    $59
    ($4 increase)
    $84 $220
    ($30 increase)
    6 days $59
    ($2 increase)
    $59
    ($4 increase)
    $84 $190
    ($35 increase)
    5 days $59
    ($2 increase)
    $59
    ($4 increase)
    $84 $145
    ($15 increase)
    4 days $59
    ($2 increase)
    $59
    ($4 increase)
    $84 $95
    ($10 increase)
    3 days $59 ($2 increase) $59
    ($4 increase)
    $84 $45
    ($5 increase)
    2 days $59 ($2 increase) $59
    ($4 increase)
    $84 $35
    ($5 increase)

Annual Passes

Annual Pass type
    New Price Old Price % increase
    Premier (DLR/WDW) $979 $849 15%
    Premium $729 $699 4%
    Annual Pass $609 $574 6%
    Florida Premium Pass $584 $559 4%
    Florida Annual Pass $464 $425 9%
    Florida Seasonal Pass $309 $299 3%
    Florida Weekday Select N/A $199
    Florida Epcot After 4 N/A $149
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Loving my sweet pea.

If I purchase a 5 day ticket now, and upgrade later this year at the parks after I've already used the first day to say, a 7 day, then I only get charged between the current day difference between a 5 and 7 day, correct? Or will I be charged the difference from the price I paid to the current day price of a 7 day?

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's the current policy THPB, but there was a specific situation last price increase that would work best if you bought from someone else (like Undercover Tourist) I can remember the specific, but for whatever the upgrade was, we decided not to do it.

Cathy

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by THpoohbear View Post
    Or will I be charged the difference from the price I paid to the current day price of a 7 day?
    This. You can't protect the price if you upgrade what you bought.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Loving my sweet pea.

Thanks. For some reason I thought it worked differently at WDW than at DL, where I know you lose the discount.

Blog Entries

Maybe that's what AVP is talking about. Trust her, not my confused brain(but I'm buying from UT regardless!)

Cathy

Loving my sweet pea.

Yes Drince, I'm want to buy from Undercover tourist today and want to know if I can upgrade at the parks later without losing the discount. We are undecided between a 5 day and 6 day hopper. UT has a 5 day hopper much more discounted than a 6 day, so I was wondering if I could buy a 5 day hopper on their site now ($27 discount plus avoiding the price increase) and add the extra day if we needed to later without losing the discount.

Anyone know what the fuse is on WDW tickets? We're going in November, and I'm trying to figure out if we can buy tickets this early...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    Anyone know what the fuse is on WDW tickets? We're going in November, and I'm trying to figure out if we can buy tickets this early...
    They haven't in the past. And I hope not now, because that's when I'm going!

Also, AVP, are they adding no-expiration back on to Disney sold tickets online?
    Cathy

I am just floored with the increase in the Premier pass. I just went to this pass after the huge increase in the DL premium pass. For a pass to go up 130 bucks in a year is just amazing!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have to agree with you, Dan... that is somewhat disturbingly high.
    You would really have to do the math on that one to be sure that it would be worth the money vs. different combination of tickets between the two parks.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

It always seems strange to me as a Brit that the longest Magic Your Way ticket is 10 days (although i know it is actually 10 days use in 14 days before expiry). The standard ticket Disney sell to a UK guest is a 14 day ticket which already includes park hopping and water parks & Disney Quest. A 14 day ticket bought in the UK is 255 ($389) for adults (rising to 285 ($435) in 1st January 2014). We can get 21 days of use for only 20 more. But then given a 10 day ticket with water parks and park hopper is $423 the price difference to the UK isn't as large as it used to be!

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I am just floored with the increase in the Premier pass. I just went to this pass after the huge increase in the DL premium pass. For a pass to go up 130 bucks in a year is just amazing!
    Yeah, that is going to make it virtually impossible to renew mine. I will have to wait and buy the regular pass and upgrade when I actually plan a DL trip...
    Joey

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    I have to agree with you, Dan... that is somewhat disturbingly high.
    You would really have to do the math on that one to be sure that it would be worth the money vs. different combination of tickets between the two parks.
    Yeah, pretty much a minimum of 3 trips to WDW and 2 trips to DL to consider it for me...
    Joey

Interesting that for the first time (that I recall) it costs 5 bucks more to go to the Magic Kingdom on a one day pass than the other 3 parks.

John

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    Interesting that for the first time (that I recall) it costs 5 bucks more to go to the Magic Kingdom on a one day pass than the other 3 parks.
    Wow, I hadn't noticed that!
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Wow, I hadn't noticed that!
    That is madness. Doesn't that just add another layer of logistical problems?!
    Joey

Quote Originally Posted by josephbandrews View Post
    That is madness. Doesn't that just add another layer of logistical problems?!
    Yes, and I can see it somewhat backfiring if people only have 1 day even more may choose to go to the Magic Kingdom now that it is by it's own price clearly the "preferred" park. I don't anyone who has done their homework would choose Animal Kingdom or Disney Studios (except maybe during Star Wars Weekends) as their one park, but I could see some people who were on the fence between this and Epcot just figuring that if it is good enough to cost $5 more, that's where they should go.

Blog Entries

I'm thinking of the opposite, currence: There were a lot of people deciding to go to MK as their only day, especially with the new Fantasyland (and with the Mine Train opening next year), and so to decrease the demand, they're making it more expensive. So if you only have one day and you can spend $5 less per person and go to Epcot, if you were on the fence between the two, then a frugal person is going to go to Epcot.

But -- how many people who are buying one day non-hoppers are researching it before they get to a ticket booth?

Cathy

I'm thinking of the opposite, currence: There were a lot of people deciding to go to MK as their only day, especially with the new Fantasyland (and with the Mine Train opening next year), and so to decrease the demand, they're making it more expensive. So if you only have one day and you can spend $5 less per person and go to Epcot, if you were on the fence between the two, then a frugal person is going to go to Epcot.

But -- how many people who are buying one day non-hoppers are researching it before they get to a ticket booth?
    It just seems like a huge hassle for Disney as much as for guests. As you point out, how many 1 day tickets do they sell in the first place (in the big picture) and is it worth having to track them separately??? I would think not very many, but I have no bearing to base this off of.
    Joey

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yea, I think that is mainly to get those people who are just going through town and want to make a day of it. I know that I wanted to do that during a business trip several years ago.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by josephbandrews View Post
    It just seems like a huge hassle for Disney as much as for guests. As you point out, how many 1 day tickets do they sell in the first place (in the big picture) and is it worth having to track them separately??? I would think not very many, but I have no bearing to base this off of.
    I don't know exactly how it's done at WDW, but I'm guessing it's just a software update. I don't think it was much of a hassle.
    2017: Coco
    Future: The Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4

Not an official spokesperson for the company

Blog Entries

Not really liking these price increases every year. They are clearly not hurting. Here I am, a small business owner, keeping the same price I have for the last 5 years. People are happy I do that. It really annoys me that they can increase their prices (in some cases by a lot!) year after year. 9 years ago what I have paid for a Premium AP has pretty much doubled. How high is this going to go before they stop?

Kristin

Quote Originally Posted by wishiwasthere View Post
    Not really liking these price increases every year. They are clearly not hurting. Here I am, a small business owner, keeping the same price I have for the last 5 years. People are happy I do that. It really annoys me that they can increase their prices (in some cases by a lot!) year after year. 9 years ago what I have paid for a Premium AP has pretty much doubled. How high is this going to go before they stop?
    Ticket prices will continue to increase as long as attendance increases year after year.
    2017: Coco
    Future: The Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4

Not an official spokesperson for the company

Quote Originally Posted by pixar View Post
    Ticket prices will continue to increase as long as attendance increases year after year.
    Exactly