Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Walt Disney World announces price increases

Here's our analysis of the price changes. There are some Florida resident options not listed here.

Magic Your Way Base Ticket

Magic Your Way Base Tickets
    Base Ticket - Ages 10-up Base Ticket - Ages 3-9
    Days On Ticket Old Price New Price % increase Old Price New Price % increase
    10 days 318 $339 7% 300 $320 7%
    9 days 308 $329 7% 290 $310 7%
    8 days 298 $319 7% 280 $300 7%
    7 days 288 $309 7% 270 $290 7%
    6 days 278 $299 8% 260 $280 8%
    5 days 268 $289 8% 250 $270 8%
    4 days 256 $279 9% 239 $260 9%
    3 days 242 $262 8% 226 $244 8%
    2 days 176 $184 5% 164 $172 5%
    1 day - AK, EC, HS 89 $90 1% 83 $84 1%
    1 day - Magic Kingdom 89 $95 7% 83 $89 7%
    1 day MYW Park Hopper 124 $129 4% 118 $123 4%
    1 day MYW with Water Park Fun and More 144 $149 3% 138 $143 4%
    1 day MYW Park Hopper with Water Park Fun and More 168 $174 4% 162 $168 4%

Optional upgrades to the Base Ticket

Optional Add-Ons
    Park Hopper Water Park Fun & More Park Hopper &
    Water Park Fun & More
    No Expiration
    10 days $59
    ($2 increase)
    $59
    ($4 increase)
    $84 $325
    ($50 increase)
    9 days $59
    ($2 increase)
    $59
    ($4 increase)
    $84 $280
    ($30 increase)
    8 days $59
    ($2 increase)
    $59
    ($4 increase)
    $84 $245
    ($30 increase)
    7 days $59
    ($2 increase)
    $59
    ($4 increase)
    $84 $220
    ($30 increase)
    6 days $59
    ($2 increase)
    $59
    ($4 increase)
    $84 $190
    ($35 increase)
    5 days $59
    ($2 increase)
    $59
    ($4 increase)
    $84 $145
    ($15 increase)
    4 days $59
    ($2 increase)
    $59
    ($4 increase)
    $84 $95
    ($10 increase)
    3 days $59 ($2 increase) $59
    ($4 increase)
    $84 $45
    ($5 increase)
    2 days $59 ($2 increase) $59
    ($4 increase)
    $84 $35
    ($5 increase)

Annual Passes

Annual Pass type
    New Price Old Price % increase
    Premier (DLR/WDW) $979 $849 15%
    Premium $729 $699 4%
    Annual Pass $609 $574 6%
    Florida Premium Pass $584 $559 4%
    Florida Annual Pass $464 $425 9%
    Florida Seasonal Pass $309 $299 3%
    Florida Weekday Select N/A $199
    Florida Epcot After 4 N/A $149
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Loving my sweet pea.

If I purchase a 5 day ticket now, and upgrade later this year at the parks after I've already used the first day to say, a 7 day, then I only get charged between the current day difference between a 5 and 7 day, correct? Or will I be charged the difference from the price I paid to the current day price of a 7 day?

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by THpoohbear View Post
    Or will I be charged the difference from the price I paid to the current day price of a 7 day?
    This. You can't protect the price if you upgrade what you bought.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Loving my sweet pea.

Thanks. For some reason I thought it worked differently at WDW than at DL, where I know you lose the discount.

Loving my sweet pea.

Yes Drince, I'm want to buy from Undercover tourist today and want to know if I can upgrade at the parks later without losing the discount. We are undecided between a 5 day and 6 day hopper. UT has a 5 day hopper much more discounted than a 6 day, so I was wondering if I could buy a 5 day hopper on their site now ($27 discount plus avoiding the price increase) and add the extra day if we needed to later without losing the discount.

Anyone know what the fuse is on WDW tickets? We're going in November, and I'm trying to figure out if we can buy tickets this early...

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    Anyone know what the fuse is on WDW tickets? We're going in November, and I'm trying to figure out if we can buy tickets this early...
    They haven't in the past. And I hope not now, because that's when I'm going!

Also, AVP, are they adding no-expiration back on to Disney sold tickets online?
    Cathy

Blog Entries

That's the current policy THPB, but there was a specific situation last price increase that would work best if you bought from someone else (like Undercover Tourist) I can remember the specific, but for whatever the upgrade was, we decided not to do it.

Cathy

Blog Entries

Maybe that's what AVP is talking about. Trust her, not my confused brain(but I'm buying from UT regardless!)

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by pixar View Post
    Ticket prices will continue to increase as long as attendance increases year after year.
    Exactly

Something I just read was referring it to contractual increases for CM/contractor salary and general cost of doing business.

Seems that the percentage should reflect somewhat even across the different passes based on that increased cost of goods and salaries/benefits.

Just a thought, but perhaps people would gripe less if the increase wasn't so varied between pass types.

I also think they would sell/resell more APs if there was a payment program for all levels of AP and not just Florida. I can definitely say I would be inclined to renew my Premier at the full $980 rate if there was even a 6mo payment plan.

Instead, its not likely that I will renew at all (even if I am privy to the old rates--expiring in 2 weeks).

Joey

It just seems like a huge hassle for Disney as much as for guests. As you point out, how many 1 day tickets do they sell in the first place (in the big picture) and is it worth having to track them separately???
    This is already done, most guests just don't realize it. The computer can already (in DLR and WDW) block a single day ticket from one or all gates. For instance, the CM passes work this way. We've gone and used our pass but DL may be blocked while DCA is open. In that case the computer spits out a single day hopper ticket but will say "valid only at". So the MK tickets will just be sold and valid at MK only. Try to use that at any other park and it won't scan as valid.
    Teddi ~ Wife to Rob. Mom to Bert 14, Chloe & Kaylie 9
    1st trip to WDW 2013: Jan 28-Feb 6 Cabins@ Fort Wilderness & Villas @ AKL Kidani
    2013 May 11 - 18, Boardwalk Inn CL, Great-Grandma's 1st trip
    DLR 2013: Feb 20-22: DLH, April 2-4: offsite June: 18-22, Paradise Pier
    2014: DLR May 24 - 27, Paradise Pier

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pixar View Post
    Ticket prices will continue to increase as long as attendance increases year after year.
    Yes, I completely agree. I guess I should have said how long until people cannot afford to anymore?
    Kristin

I think there are plenty of people who cannot afford to go. I cannot afford it whenever I want. It takes up to a year plus for us to save enough to go. Now it may take a bit longer, but I am minus one kid in the house now (Air Force) so that helps a bit. Although sad he won't be with us next trip.

Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

Quote Originally Posted by wishiwasthere View Post
    Yes, I completely agree. I guess I should have said how long until people cannot afford to anymore?
    I'm sure there's a point where attendance will not increase (or even decrease) year after year, but I don't think anyone knows what price point that will be. If Disney ever hits that point, I'm sure they'll have various promotions to get people going to the parks again. I don't think they'll ever decrease the prices though.
    2017: Coco
    Future: The Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4

Not an official spokesperson for the company

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wishiwasthere View Post
    I agree with your comment Kristin 100%! And not to mention with you being a business owner, knowing that for some people it's right down to the last penny that counts. Loyalty speaks volumes in so many ways.

Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by houseofmouse:1804515
    I think there are plenty of people who cannot afford to go. I cannot afford it whenever I want. It takes up to a year plus for us to save enough to go. Now it may take a bit longer, but I am minus one kid in the house now (Air Force) so that helps a bit. Although sad he won't be with us next trip.
    Are you forgetting that now he can get you a HUGE discount? 165$ 4day hoppers and 35% off rooms. Just no discount on dining...
    Joey

We would only get his discount if he is with us.

Quote Originally Posted by houseofmouse View Post
    We would only get his discount if he is with us.
    Exactly, all the more reason to take Leave. Unless you're going while he is still in BMT or Tech School...
    Joey

For those with kids of the appropriate age, don't forget to consider the Y.E.S. Individual enrollment classes. My parents took my nephew to one of the classes during their trip to WDW and not only did they save lots of money, the class was pretty fun too! I just looked at it seems that their prices are currently from $171.22 for a 3-day base ticket to $225.87 for a 5-day "premium" ticket (i.e. hopping plus water-parks). There are a variety of restrictions and it won't work for everyone, but for some it can mean huge savings.

Blog Entries

Not only does the price increase hurt our pocket books, but for our family with children who are in the adult age brackets. It used to be so much cheaper to go when they were 3 and under. Or even 9 and under...but 4 adult prices, plus saving for college and a car for the kids that is approaching very quickly doesn't help.

We may just have to take the timeshare route to save money and purchase our tickets thru AAA or UT. A la carte' will have to be our mode for a while. We need the room, two teen girls...one bathroom...doesn't mix.

Although they will continue to have their promotions, I would love to see the promotion of buy 4 days and get 3 days free! Those were the days! Or Free Dining with the tip included!

Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by tappenfeat View Post
    Not only does the price increase hurt our pocket books, but for our family with children who are in the adult age brackets. It used to be so much cheaper to go when they were 3 and under. Or even 9 and under...but 4 adult prices, plus saving for college and a car for the kids that is approaching very quickly doesn't help.

We may just have to take the timeshare route to save money and purchase our tickets thru AAA or UT. A la carte' will have to be our mode for a while. We need the room, two teen girls...one bathroom...doesn't mix.

Although they will continue to have their promotions, I would love to see the promotion of buy 4 days and get 3 days free! Those were the days! Or Free Dining with the tip included!
    While I agree price fixed meals and dining plans (and food in general) are more once they turn 10, but the price difference for tickets is only $25. Now I know that adds up. Our next trip we are going from 2 adults, 3 kids and 1 free to 3 adults and 3 kids and none free. That free kid saved us a lot including dining since we ate quite a bit at the price fixed meals so he could eat free and so my oldest could get the adult foods she wanted.

Blog Entries

Still, $25 that does matter to a lot more people than we think and once our kids hit the adult age bracket, we felt that one for sure.

Stephanie