Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Disneyland Resort Ticket Pricing

You know, given the fact it is ONE DAY (today) and that very few people will read and find out, let alone be able to get to a park (either WDW or DL) you'd think they could just do the right thing and give out those vouchers. I can't see there being an overwhelming response for one day that this would hurt their bottomline so badly.

Good luck guys, hope you can avoid the hefty increase.

Teddi ~ Wife to Rob. Mom to Bert 14, Chloe & Kaylie 9
    1st trip to WDW 2013: Jan 28-Feb 6 Cabins@ Fort Wilderness & Villas @ AKL Kidani
    2013 May 11 - 18, Boardwalk Inn CL, Great-Grandma's 1st trip
    DLR 2013: Feb 20-22: DLH, April 2-4: offsite June: 18-22, Paradise Pier
    2014: DLR May 24 - 27, Paradise Pier

2. # ADS

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spectromen View Post
    Wow - that's very important info. I was planning to go down today to get 2 Premiers but not activate them until September, but it sounds like that may not be allowed? Thank you AVP for keeping us updated.
    To quote a manager: NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

Save yourself the trip.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

It's also going up to $84 for a blockout day pass.

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

New Disneyland Resort Ticket Pricing

Big fat goose egg. Total waste of a 90 minute drive in horrible traffic both ways. I had an extremely poor experience with a manager that left my jaw on the floor. He actually told me he didn't care when I explained my situation.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

This is ridiculous. I am already paying a fortune for my Premier pass. i already pay a lot just to stay at both resorts and this is just one more slap in the face. I have already cut out our trip in December and the only reason I am renewing in January is to do the Minnie inagural and 1/2 marathon in WDW and the Tink 1/2 at DL to get another Coast to Coast medal. It is a shame that they just keep increasing prices. I think Disney and I need a time out.

Last edited by skimbob; 06-01-2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Errors

Quote Originally Posted by skimbob View Post
    This is ridiculous. I am already paying a fortune for my Premier pass. i already pay a lot just to stay at both resorts and this is just one more slap in the face. I have already cut out our trip in December and the only reason I am renewing in January is to do the Minnie inagural and 1/2 marathon in WDW and the Tink 1/2 at DL to get another Coast to Coast medal. It is a shame that they just keep increasing prices. I think Disney and I need a time out.
    The last 2 years I thought that the Premier wasn't too much more than the AP, and that one year I would figure out a way to get to WDW twice (51 weeks apart or something) to justify it. But now, I just can't ever see spending $1000 on that. The last 2 years I renewed by Premium AP (was within the renewal last year, so I got the $479 price, after renewal discount) and was able to sacrifice other things, like going to the movies and just made Disney my main and sometimes only entertainment expenditure. I just can't justify it any more. I could go to a lot of movies for $600+ and come out way ahead. It's partly because of Disney's pricing and partly my situation. I think if I was making the money I was making 3 years ago, I could still afford a Premium AP, but it's hard to say, since everything has gone up, from the cost of food in the parks to souvenirs to the cost of gas to get there. I think that I will eventually get a So Cal pass, but in terms of what I get for my money at this point, it's time for me to shift some of it back towards the things I've been sacrificing to do Disney instead these last 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    Big fat goose egg. Total waste of a 90 minute drive in horrible traffic both ways. I had an extremely poor experience with a manager that left my jaw on the floor. He actually told me he didn't care when I explained my situation.
    So sorry to hear about all the frustration and aggravation. Please report this guy to Disney so he learns not to treat other guests that way.

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    HIghest percentage increases - Premier 15%, So cal 9.12%, 1 Day Park Hopper 9.6% , Deluxe 6% - but winner is Blockout ticket - 20%. And if true what someone posted that more days to be blocked off for deluxe then that's an increase too. Its a sneaky way to keep you away more often - but get you to buy a pass with Monthly payments. Like a pass to a gym - the hope is you pay and only intend to use it.
    Currently the Disneyland Website still lists a Deluxe pass as 315 days in the park. That is 50 blockout days. That is the way it has been for several years. Perhaps they will change them, but it seems difficult to do unless they create a new pass and phase out the old one. Otherwise how would they differentiate the people who bought a pass that claims 315 days verse those that say have only 300 days.

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebeeonarose View Post
    Currently the Disneyland Website still lists a Deluxe pass as 315 days in the park. That is 50 blockout days. That is the way it has been for several years. Perhaps they will change them, but it seems difficult to do unless they create a new pass and phase out the old one. Otherwise how would they differentiate the people who bought a pass that claims 315 days verse those that say have only 300 days.
    Sadly, that's easy enough to do, you just make all of the extra blackout dates on/after July 2, 2014 (or 12/31/14 if you want to make sure you honored all of the vouchers). Anyone who bought/activated the pass before the magic date will have their passes expire before the extra blackout days go into effect. Anyone who buys after that day may get some "free" extra blackout dates in the first year but thereafter will not have a basis to complain as they are getting everything they were promised.

I suppose we will see tomorrow whether the advertising language for the Deluxe has changed.

I suppose we will see tomorrow whether the advertising language for the Deluxe has changed.[/QUOTE]

I just bought e-ticket deluxe annual passes and it says," Enjoy pre-selected days of admission to both Disneyland resort theme parks..... redeem by 12/31/2013"

I take that to mean they can pre-select which days at any time and that they aren't guaranteed, although I would think it would honor what's shown on the calendar for now...

Quote Originally Posted by SbJasmine View Post
    I just bought e-ticket deluxe annual passes and it says," Enjoy pre-selected days of admission to both Disneyland resort theme parks..... redeem by 12/31/2013"

I take that to mean they can pre-select which days at any time and that they aren't guaranteed, although I would think it would honor what's shown on the calendar for now...
    That language is on all of the tickets - including my Premium
    I checked through old emails and that has been the language going back to at least 2010. I think it is so they can put it on all of the various levels of APs

If I went to Disneyland to buy a Premier Passport, what would I pay with tax? I am assuming the 979 does not include tax. At nearly 1k pp, I think the psychological hurdle alone will discourage ppl from buying now. I believe, though, it will still save us money with the number of days we've planned to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by libbylovespluto View Post
    If I went to Disneyland to buy a Premier Passport, what would I pay with tax? I am assuming the 979 does not include tax. At nearly 1k pp, I think the psychological hurdle alone will discourage ppl from buying now. I believe, though, it will still save us money with the number of days we've planned to visit.

I believe there is no tax on the Premier AP. In CA, theme park tickets are not taxable.

That's a bit of good news!

Quote Originally Posted by libbylovespluto View Post
    That's a bit of good news!
    It certainly is incentive to buy the Premier APs in CA, not in FL if the passes are taxable there. Not sure about that, but worth checking if you have a choice about where to make your purchase.

When we get back to the states, our first stop is Disneyland (we're from Seattle), so we'll be purchasing there. Probably for an even higher price, as I suppose they'll raise prices again next spring.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

At dl yesterday and was very surprised to see practically no lines at the ticket booths around 3:30 and again at 6:15; a far cry from may 2012 when I waited an hour at 6pm to renew !!!

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    I believe there is no tax on the Premier AP. In CA, theme park tickets are not taxable.
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    It certainly is incentive to buy the Premier APs in CA, not in FL if the passes are taxable there. Not sure about that, but worth checking if you have a choice about where to make your purchase.
    Actually they do add tax to the premiere AP. I think you pay tax on half the cost since in Florida they collect sales tax on theme park tickets. I don't think it matters which coast you buy the AP on; you get charged the tax for the "Florida part."

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneyobsessed View Post
    I don't think it matters which coast you buy the AP on; you get charged the tax for the "Florida part."
    Correct!
    Cathy

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    At dl yesterday and was very surprised to see practically no lines at the ticket booths around 3:30 and again at 6:15; a far cry from may 2012 when I waited an hour at 6pm to renew !!!
    i believe 2 factors were at play here
    1) the announcement window was even shorter than last year
    2) the increases are not as big so not so many are coming...

or it could be folks are giving up... they have said enough and won't come to renew. that's always a possibility.

I think you can expect large increases again in 2016 and 2018-19 when other (rumored) large projects in the parks are close to opening.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Thank you for the info & posting this thread. I was happy when I saw the increase this morning, that I went ahead & got our new passes last night. I was waffling a little since ours don't expire until fall, but saving $30 a ticket is worth it. Appreciate this forum !

Thanks to MP I was able to save a couple of friends some money yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyobsessed View Post
    Actually they do add tax to the premiere AP. I think you pay tax on half the cost since in Florida they collect sales tax on theme park tickets. I don't think it matters which coast you buy the AP on; you get charged the tax for the "Florida part."
    Good to know! Thanks for the correction.

Could anyone tell me what the total cost with "1/2 tax" would be?

If we ended up paying 1k pp, and if I've calculated correctly, admission cost will be about 28 dollars per day (planning for 36 days of admission). Since we're planning two 15 day trips to WDW (one 6 to 7 day trip to DL so far, there'll probably be more), I think 28 pp/per day still beats buying a 10 and a 5 day hopper for each trip. Feel free to correct my math if it'll save me money I'm willing to consider any combination of passes/APs if I can maximize cost effectiveness.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Make sure and run a WDW AP and park hoppers for DL, too!

Cathy