Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Disneyland Resort Ticket Pricing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

price hike

Mouse Planet posted on Facebook that the price hike is likely to happen this weekend for both coasts.

WDW: 2012 (Contemporary), 2010 (Caribbean Beach) , 2007 (Animal Kingdom), 2001 (Beach Club)
    DLR: 5/2014, 4/2014, 10/2013, 1989, 1979

You 'd think something would be posted on their own site, too.

"I'm not interested in what you did yesterday, because I'm not going to be there. I know I can do that. It's the next thing that I'm interested in" (Walt Disney)
    "Sometimes it's not to your benefit to mess with things that are above your reach. You don't want to show yourself to be too stupid." (Bob Dylan)

price hike

I would have thought, but at least on the mobile version I didn't see it.

WDW: 2012 (Contemporary), 2010 (Caribbean Beach) , 2007 (Animal Kingdom), 2001 (Beach Club)
    DLR: 5/2014, 4/2014, 10/2013, 1989, 1979

Disney Blog just posted the new prices (effective tomorrow)
    http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...e-june-2-2013/

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
    -Walt Disney
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Full 24 Hour All-Nighter Survivor ManaByte's Avatar

The big thing was the jump in price for the Premiere.

Previously, if you were a Premium AP and wanted to go to WDW it was actually much cheaper just to upgrade your Premium AP to Premiere than it was to buy a five day WDW park hopper.

So Disney realized Premium APs were doing this before their WDW trip and jacked up the price 15%.

How does this work if my renewal date is June 28? Will I still be able to renew at my old price? I haven't even gotten anything in the mail yet, and I usually got reminders a couple months in advance.

NVM spoke with a CM and she said the cutoff for renewing at old prices was July 1st last year. Oops.

Last edited by jananafish; 06-01-2013 at 09:13 AM.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

HIghest percentage increases - Premier 15%, So cal 9.12%, 1 Day Park Hopper 9.6% , Deluxe 6% - but winner is Blockout ticket - 20%. And if true what someone posted that more days to be blocked off for deluxe then that's an increase too. Its a sneaky way to keep you away more often - but get you to buy a pass with Monthly payments. Like a pass to a gym - the hope is you pay and only intend to use it.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

I am Root. Bow before me!
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

New Disneyland Resort Ticket Pricing

The Disneyland Blog has just announced pricing increases for all forms of Disneyland admission, including significant increases in prices for Annual Passes. These new prices will take effect on Sunday, June 2nd. You can see the details here:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/disneyland-resort-ticket-menu-effective-june-2-2013/

Ticket Old price New Price % increase Old Price New Price % increase
    5-Day Park Hopper $290 $300 3% $270 $279 3%
    5-Day 1-Park Per Day $260 $265 2% $240 $244 2%
    4-Day Park Hopper $275 $285 4% $255 $265 4%
    4-Day 1-Park Per Day $245 $250 2% $225 $230 2%
    3-Day Park Hopper $250 $260 4% $235 $244 4%
    3-Day 1-Park Per Day $220 $225 2% $205 $209 2%
    2-Day Park Hopper $200 $210 5% $188 $197 5%
    2-Day 1-Park Per Day $170 $175 3% $158 $162 3%
    1-Day Park Hopper $125 $137 10% $119 $131 10%
    1-Day 1-Park $87 $92 6% $81 $86 6%
    Annual Pass Old price New Price % increase
    Premier (DLR/WDW) $849 $979 15%
    Premium $649 $669 3%
    Deluxe $469 $499 6%
    Southern California* $329 $359 9%
    Southern California Select* $269 $279 4%
    Annual Parking Pass $129 $139 8%
    Never argue with stupid people. They just drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.
    I will believe it is a crisis when the people claiming it is a crisis start acting like it is a crisis.
    I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended.

Blog Entries

edit - merged threads

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

My SoCal Pass expires 6/23. I usually don't renew until after the summer blackouts and get a brand new one right before I plan on going again. Does anyone know what the expiration date is if I buy a BRAND NEW pass today and hold on to it until after the summer? For example, I bought my pass on May 19 last year and didn't use it until 6/23. The redeem by date has been 12/31 on the past few sets of passes I've bought. Thanks.

So, I'm planning on buying my pass today, then actually using it once I get back to Los Angeles in July. I was able to answer one of my own questions by seeing that you can add parking to passes bought online. My second question is: what is the difference between the normal pass and the one that says "gift voucher" after it?

2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
    2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half
    2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k
    MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikara View Post
    So, I'm planning on buying my pass today, then actually using it once I get back to Los Angeles in July. I was able to answer one of my own questions by seeing that you can add parking to passes bought online. My second question is: what is the difference between the normal pass and the one that says "gift voucher" after it?
    I think on the normal one, you will enter the name, gift voucher you don't.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Our PAPs renew July 17. With the 40-day renewal window, this prohibits us from renewing at the old price before the increase takes effect. However, last year, when they went up $150 each, I went to the park, waited in line at the ticket window, and received the benefit of the many passholder complaints made before I got there. Without any grief at all, they allowed me to renew our PAPs 17 days before we should have been allowed to, at the old price. So today, I signed into my AP page and clicked the "renew passes" option. It showed them at $649, which is the current price today. I didn't see the $20 advance renewal discount, so I did a live chat with a very patient CM. She explained that the discount isn't showing because I'm outside my renewal window.

I pointed out that there really was no incentive to renew early, and that I might as well go to the store today and buy new ones, let our old ones lapse (after almost 10 years), and activate the new ones whenever we made our next trip after the expiration of the old ones. To make a long story short, she told me that the advance renewal discount is going up to $40, so I can still renew within my window and pay $629. (Essentially wiping out the increase for the PAP this year, methinks.) I did take a screenshot of the conversation in case something changes. So...while I'm not thrilled with the increase in price, I'm relieved that it was only $20 after last year's horrid increase, and can't really complain if the early renewal discount is going up. Hope that really is the case!

To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!

Blog Entries

^ well they finally increased the renewal incentive. Nice... 20 just gets you lunch and a pen these days well, if you're eating counter service.

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Big fat goose egg. Total waste of a 90 minute drive in horrible traffic both ways. I had an extremely poor experience with a manager that left my jaw on the floor. He actually told me he didn't care when I explained my situation.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

This is ridiculous. I am already paying a fortune for my Premier pass. i already pay a lot just to stay at both resorts and this is just one more slap in the face. I have already cut out our trip in December and the only reason I am renewing in January is to do the Minnie inagural and 1/2 marathon in WDW and the Tink 1/2 at DL to get another Coast to Coast medal. It is a shame that they just keep increasing prices. I think Disney and I need a time out.

Last edited by skimbob; 06-01-2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Errors

Quote Originally Posted by skimbob View Post
    This is ridiculous. I am already paying a fortune for my Premier pass. i already pay a lot just to stay at both resorts and this is just one more slap in the face. I have already cut out our trip in December and the only reason I am renewing in January is to do the Minnie inagural and 1/2 marathon in WDW and the Tink 1/2 at DL to get another Coast to Coast medal. It is a shame that they just keep increasing prices. I think Disney and I need a time out.
    The last 2 years I thought that the Premier wasn't too much more than the AP, and that one year I would figure out a way to get to WDW twice (51 weeks apart or something) to justify it. But now, I just can't ever see spending $1000 on that. The last 2 years I renewed by Premium AP (was within the renewal last year, so I got the $479 price, after renewal discount) and was able to sacrifice other things, like going to the movies and just made Disney my main and sometimes only entertainment expenditure. I just can't justify it any more. I could go to a lot of movies for $600+ and come out way ahead. It's partly because of Disney's pricing and partly my situation. I think if I was making the money I was making 3 years ago, I could still afford a Premium AP, but it's hard to say, since everything has gone up, from the cost of food in the parks to souvenirs to the cost of gas to get there. I think that I will eventually get a So Cal pass, but in terms of what I get for my money at this point, it's time for me to shift some of it back towards the things I've been sacrificing to do Disney instead these last 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    Big fat goose egg. Total waste of a 90 minute drive in horrible traffic both ways. I had an extremely poor experience with a manager that left my jaw on the floor. He actually told me he didn't care when I explained my situation.
    So sorry to hear about all the frustration and aggravation. Please report this guy to Disney so he learns not to treat other guests that way.

If I went to Disneyland to buy a Premier Passport, what would I pay with tax? I am assuming the 979 does not include tax. At nearly 1k pp, I think the psychological hurdle alone will discourage ppl from buying now. I believe, though, it will still save us money with the number of days we've planned to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by libbylovespluto View Post
    If I went to Disneyland to buy a Premier Passport, what would I pay with tax? I am assuming the 979 does not include tax. At nearly 1k pp, I think the psychological hurdle alone will discourage ppl from buying now. I believe, though, it will still save us money with the number of days we've planned to visit.

I believe there is no tax on the Premier AP. In CA, theme park tickets are not taxable.

That's a bit of good news!

Quote Originally Posted by libbylovespluto View Post
    That's a bit of good news!
    It certainly is incentive to buy the Premier APs in CA, not in FL if the passes are taxable there. Not sure about that, but worth checking if you have a choice about where to make your purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    I believe there is no tax on the Premier AP. In CA, theme park tickets are not taxable.
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    It certainly is incentive to buy the Premier APs in CA, not in FL if the passes are taxable there. Not sure about that, but worth checking if you have a choice about where to make your purchase.
    Actually they do add tax to the premiere AP. I think you pay tax on half the cost since in Florida they collect sales tax on theme park tickets. I don't think it matters which coast you buy the AP on; you get charged the tax for the "Florida part."

Quote Originally Posted by disneyobsessed View Post
    Actually they do add tax to the premiere AP. I think you pay tax on half the cost since in Florida they collect sales tax on theme park tickets. I don't think it matters which coast you buy the AP on; you get charged the tax for the "Florida part."
    Good to know! Thanks for the correction.

When we get back to the states, our first stop is Disneyland (we're from Seattle), so we'll be purchasing there. Probably for an even higher price, as I suppose they'll raise prices again next spring.