Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: World of Color Picnics are no more

World of Color Picnics are no more

If this was posted or already mentioned, I must have missed it, but figured I'd pass the word along.

DH said he read on an official Disney source that WOC picnics ended as of yesterday. The dinner packages are still available.

Teddi ~ Wife to Rob. Mom to Bert 14, Chloe & Kaylie 9
    1st trip to WDW 2013: Jan 28-Feb 6 Cabins@ Fort Wilderness & Villas @ AKL Kidani
    2013 May 11 - 18, Boardwalk Inn CL, Great-Grandma's 1st trip
    DLR 2013: Feb 20-22: DLH, April 2-4: offsite June: 18-22, Paradise Pier
    2014: DLR May 24 - 27, Paradise Pier

2. # ADS

Thanks for the information. Demand for the picnics must have decreased.

Oh, that's too bad. My 3yo son and I enjoyed these a couple of times. They were a relatively inexpensive way to guarantee a Fastpass for the first show when we couldn't arrive at the parks early in the day.

Jen
    Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

Nala, I will say that FPs have generally been available, even for the early show, pretty late in the day. I'm sure that's one reason for the drop in popularity of the picnics.

Rocket Scientist/Future Imagineer
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it.", Alan Kay
    Come join the Pleasure Island Lover's Club!

No more picnic dinners for WOC???

I procrastinated in ordering the picnic dinners for the WOC. They were still on the website not even two weeks ago. This morning I go online to go ahead and order them (as this seems the easiest way for the pass for the viewing area) and I cannot find the link at all on the Disneyland.com site. Am I missing it or are they not doing this any longer? We leave Sunday and I am not sure what to do now!

Jen

Just posted this question this morning. Thanks.

Jen

The picnic meals are no longer an option. However, getting Fastpasses at the GRR machines isn't at all like it was the the first year or two. You shouldn't have any trouble getting a FP for WOC.

If you are still looking for a meal option, the more expensive choices at Carthay, Wine Country, and Ariel's are still there.

Yes fastpasses last into the the afternoon. 12 Or 1 usually the first show runs out. If there is a second show they go well into the afternoon.