Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Likelihood of RCI trade in

Quote Originally Posted by PhiSigDuchessCV View Post
    WOO HOO, lots of prayer and positive thoughts worked. I just confirmed an RCI trade today for DVC Old Key West Resort for December 13 checkin date. We'll stay at my friends Summer Bay Resort timeshare the first week and then move over to DVC the next week. I am so excited!!!!!! Once I get final confirmation then I've been told I actually need to call Disney to see if I can get the Disney Dining Plan
    I saw December dates online and thought if you! So happy for you!

They will let you add the dining plan no problem. I think it takes 2 weeks to get into Disneys system then you can call and they'll look up your reservation number.

2. # ADS

Thanks. I am so happy I called in when I did. My friend had gotten a call saying they had found a match for her search. When they tried to book it, the system didn't let them because her home resort is within a couple miles of WDW. I waited about half the day to see if my search would hit a match and when it didn't I figured that someone else who started their search earlier got it. However, I did decide to log in to RCI and when I did I saw there were 4 spots open starting either Dec 13 or 14. I called RCI and I am so glad I did. The person who started my search only did it on weeks (I have points) so those resorts weren't showing up as matches for my search because it was points availability.

I debated a bit since I was going to have to get the week and check out early since I had to be back at work on December 19th. I didn't want to chance not being able to stay on Disney property even if it was only for a few days of the trip so I went ahead and booked it. My friend then booked her timeshare for the week before and we'll just move over. I took a chance and emailed my boss asking if I could take the 19th off and come to work on the 20th, explaining what happened. She told me to not only take the 19th but take the 20th as well so I don't have to check out early to head home!

I am so excited, I want to read up on the WDW discussion blogs all about Old key West Resort and things to do while staying on property.

Still need to win the lotto so I can plan trips to Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disney, and Hong Kong Disney.
    I love: my cats, scrapbooking, and all things Disney

Quote Originally Posted by PhiSigDuchessCV View Post
    Thanks. I am so happy I called in when I did. My friend had gotten a call saying they had found a match for her search. When they tried to book it, the system didn't let them because her home resort is within a couple miles of WDW. I waited about half the day to see if my search would hit a match and when it didn't I figured that someone else who started their search earlier got it. However, I did decide to log in to RCI and when I did I saw there were 4 spots open starting either Dec 13 or 14. I called RCI and I am so glad I did. The person who started my search only did it on weeks (I have points) so those resorts weren't showing up as matches for my search because it was points availability.

I debated a bit since I was going to have to get the week and check out early since I had to be back at work on December 19th. I didn't want to chance not being able to stay on Disney property even if it was only for a few days of the trip so I went ahead and booked it. My friend then booked her timeshare for the week before and we'll just move over. I took a chance and emailed my boss asking if I could take the 19th off and come to work on the 20th, explaining what happened. She told me to not only take the 19th but take the 20th as well so I don't have to check out early to head home!

I am so excited, I want to read up on the WDW discussion blogs all about Old key West Resort and things to do while staying on property.
    Great news. And something I usually forget to mention is that if you own in Orlando they won't let you trade in (its common with most Orlando timeshares).

There are currently 6 different resorts available in April 2014 including 1 and 2 bedrooms and even over Easter.

Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)